0.10.3c Patch Notes

This is definantly a step in the right direction towards the perfect loot system. Removing names and loot-timers make it much easier to see which drops are allocated to you. While in the midst of 10000 loots in the maps :p

The good thing with the shared loot system is that it really keeps the pace of the party up thus also making it more exciting killing monsters in the world of wraeclast.
Just look at the instanced loot system other games has, it's not really that exciting and you sort of feel you only play for yourself - even in a group.

"
Yes. But I still don't like the timer at all. I wish there could be a cleaner solution. (letting each party change these settings as they see fit would make everyone happy!)

While I do agree that the timer has its disadvantages. I think if parties can make up their own loot rules will cause even more drama than good.
Imagine only one party in the group finder going for just the quests you need in your current progress. You join with 5 other people whereas 4 of the don't like the lootrules the leader has set for the party. Its not generally good solution and I appreciete GGG is trying to find a solution which is all-round good.
The addition of systems to do that and do this is just really bad, look at D3 - Paragon lvls, Nephalem valor, Demonic essence, and I could go on. Sometimes keeping things simple is just the better way.
Last edited by Harmster on Mar 19, 2013, 11:42:44 AM
Loot Options:

1) Standard (as it was minus blues on timers)
Private groups, +50% items per new memeber.
Public groups, +60%

2) "Instanced" Loot (endless timer)
Private groups, +25%
Public groups, +35%

3) FFA
Private groups, +65%
Public groups, +75%

Simply put, add an incentive to play public FFA. Give option for casual mode that is less rewarding. Leave option to keep current mode (with names) that has same mechanics in private, but a little better in public games.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
Last edited by Rufus82 on Mar 19, 2013, 11:26:26 AM
"
Thalandor wrote:
Has anyone considered how new players will have little clue as to how looting works, since there's no timer/names? Not everyone read these boards... They'll catch on eventually, but its really not intuitive.

There's nothing they need to know. If the loot is grayed out they can't get it, once it's no longer grayed it's fair game. I think it's you that does not understand how looting works, despite it being intuitive.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Loot system is still retarded because you dont let the people themself decide how they want loot distributed

Party leader should set the loot options/timers etc..

ah well.. still playing solo as long as this FFA sjit is happening
"
riptid3 wrote:
"
Thalandor wrote:
Has anyone considered how new players will have little clue as to how looting works, since there's no timer/names? Not everyone read these boards... They'll catch on eventually, but its really not intuitive.

There's nothing they need to know. If the loot is grayed out they can't get it, once it's no longer grayed it's fair game. I think it's you that does not understand how looting works, despite it being intuitive.

your opinion.. this loot system is from the dark ages and thousands of games have already evolved to much better loot options.

Still GGG wants to keep this old ninja loot system with no choices
"
Kortak wrote:
Loot system is still retarded because you dont let the people themself decide how they want loot distributed

The loot system is still retarded because it's trying to cater to all the MMO fanboys who want dedicated loot instead of having to fight tooth and nail for gear. Diablo 2's loot system was perfect: First Come, First Served. CUTTHROAT, which is what GGG initially said they wanted. Now it's this wannabe MMO-esk carebear loot system and it's getting worse.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
MajorThor wrote:
"
Kortak wrote:

The loot system is still retarded because it's trying to cater to all the MMO fanboys who want dedicated loot instead of having to fight tooth and nail for gear. Diablo 2's loot system was perfect: First Come, First Served. CUTTHROAT, which is what GGG initially said they wanted. Now it's this wannabe MMO-esk carebear loot system and it's getting worse.

Good call, couldn't agree more.
"
1. Removing the nametags from the items: On alot of occasions, I've seen a rare/unique/orb that belongs to another player, but he or she doesn't see it. In my play group we used to let that player know there is a (potentially) valuable item that belongs to them. This is now impossible, as I can't tell which of my friends actually has dibs on that item! This causes alot of frustration for us, since we want to honor the nametags, but now it's become impossible at times. This already happens with items that drop when NO ONE sees it. But the change has made this happen even when one or even several people see the item.

At first I thought that the removal of names made items harder to see and ofc it does. But you do tune into it very fast, and they soon becomes as visibly "yours" as they always were. Moreso in fact, as there is less clutter overall. So give it time to adjust you will see that "your" loot is ever clearer now than it used to be.

Ofc if no one sees it, nothing has changed. You couldn't tell whose it was with the old FFA system either. Once you all tune in the problem will go away, and you will see we have more instanced loot system because the timer extension is a positive move.

However now we have taken this step, how about considering an ever longer timer? That would shut ninjas down completely not just the little bit they have been shut down by the 1 second. Since the general consensus from both sides seems to be this patch is good (how you managed that GGG I'll never know), I see no issue in taking it further. A 5 second timer, for example, would deliver all the good this 1 second has, but also help gentleman groups know whose items were whose when several people don't immediately notice.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Mar 19, 2013, 11:52:01 AM
"
Harmster wrote:
Good call, couldn't agree more.

"
you dont let the people themself decide how they want loot distributed

I just felt like adding this, ARPGS aren't MMOs where you can change how loot is given...I cannot even put into words just how overbearingly maddening it is to hear that the new generation of ARPGs fanbase don't want to actually work for it (gear.)
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
mushioov wrote:
"
mobutu wrote:
"
mushioov wrote:
They made it more FFA...

Right, extending the instanced timers from 1.5s to 2.6s means more ffa ... well wrong, it means more instanced.
logic 101

"
mushioov wrote:
They made it more FFA by removing the names...

Attention span: ADHD.

Thats not fair to say, some players are more ranged or have fps issues when fights are going on.
Therefore items for them can easily drop without them seeing it. Or they see it slightly later but dont know if it was ever theirs to begin with. This confusion may sometimesd lead to the right player getting the right item but most of the timeit will lead to either slowing the group down or someone getting robbed of good loot.(wether they know it was theirs or not)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info