[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Big fan of your guides.

Take care of yourself Wallach!

Hope you're on the mend.
Thanks for the kind words folks. Like I mentioned, I've been doing very well since all this happened, it's more just an issue of keeping it that way.

As mentioned before, I think this guide is likely going to be considered retired at this point, but I don't plan to have the thread closed for 3.18 like I did when I had my Holy Flame Totem guide retired. Since there are no changes for the build in this patch, I figure some folks may want to play it again and have a place to discuss things like new high-end build changes from new items and such. For 3.19 however, I will likely have the guide retired in full barring some kind of very major changes to spell totems or something.

Edit - I have however made a couple final edits to the guide for those wanting to try it once more in 3.18, like cleaning up the Flasks section and removing old recommendations regarding Large cluster jewels.
Last edited by Wallach on May 13, 2022, 12:36:03 AM
Sorry to hear about your health, I hope you can make a full recovery, and who knows GGG might show spell totems some love again one day.
Wallach, all,

Just wanted to confirm the build is actually still really strong on a sub10ex investment. I'm only level 74 atm, but I'm destroying all t16 content, non-uber bosses with a swap to creeping frost, and i still have alot of upgrades to go for.

Extra cast speed rolls on wands are huge, eldritch implicits are amazing (freeze prolif and exposure), blessing support means you can run hatred without losing a ring slot, which means frostbite on hit rings and rings with chaos res (for the first time ever i have positive chaos res with this build. The new jewels also let you get heart of ice and breath of rime really easily, great damage boosts and also 50% increased effect of cold ailments.

I'm no builder and I'm basically running Wallachs build but with blessing and hatred instead of frost bomb. Lollope always does crazy good stuff with lots of currency, but just wanted to confirm we shouldn't write this build off yet.

With a likely significant nerf to alot of meta builds next league, mages, EA, etc, that will only make this more compelling again.

Will come back when I'm level 90 or so with more clusters.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Jun 7, 2022, 4:12:56 PM
Hi, you will delete the post information for this league 3.19?.

The build ice spear-totem have changes for the new league?.

Sorry for my bad english.
Hallo,

why is the "The Annihilating Light" BIS? How does it works with FP Totem?

And is there a acktuell poe build for 3.19 or has a 3.18 build?
Last edited by the_Arkain on Aug 18, 2022, 2:26:07 PM
@Wallach Would a lightning spell totem build with one of the new gems viable? How would you build that?
Stiil play Hiero frozen pulse. Maybe not uber bosser, but normal boos and map clear wery decent. Cheap build, nice for heist and delve (not very deep). More room to upgrade in my build and I have fun with rozen pulse.
Yeah I have a fairly high budget setup that does crazy damage thanks to forbidden jewels granting me a big inquisitor ascendancy notable. Chest armour was expensive but not needed. For a couple of divines you could easily clear the atlas and farm currency for a second build. Surprisingly good at legion.

The frostbite on hit ring was a gamechanger.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Oct 23, 2022, 1:52:34 PM
on standard its still pretty strong ... it can work on league but its a lot tougher.

never close this thread haha ... i still refer to it even though my standard char i can tweak with hardly a thought cause ive played it so long.

i run your seige ballista totem on league... love that build too

thank you for all your work
IGN- Shaeyaena

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info