[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Hi,
I’m following your guide, big thx for a nice lvl part. As a uber casual player (on average 5ish h/week ) I don’t have the ambition to do all endgame content, definitely will not farm bosses, but I love this game and enjoy it every minute I can play. As for now, I’m comfortable doing yellow maps ( far away from decent setup, gems not lvl up and no quality yet), with a bit more investment will to T13-14, and after that I guess will hit the wall. Right now I can’t make ‘Zealotry’ work, doesn’t matter it is self-cast ( not enough mana ) or with eternal blessing supp (grey icon on the bar). Could someone look into my account and help me find what I’m missing. Also, any advice is super welcome 😊

Hey, thats because of your essence worm. You can only have one aura with no mana reservation activated at the same time, so either hatred or zealotry.

I think you can use zealotry without eternal blessing, but it will reserve 50%+ mana. That will hurt your defenses because of MoM. I would recommend to just use one aura at the moment ( maybe eternal blessing with zealotry ) and change your left ring for one with life and more resist.

You can also use with the next jewel socket, the clear mind jewel for increased spell damage and mana regeneration.
Hi

I have reached T11-13 maps and feeling pretty good, tho sometimes i feel a bit squisy. I got all the basic stuff og starting to optimize the last pieces.

The section FLASK. Im pretty confused.
The headlines says something and the text below mention something else.
I havent played POE in some time and maybe flask crafting have change or something. But i can figure out what to do to get those right suffixes.

Another thing - Snipers Mark. I have it linked in my dash setup. But what do i have to get the mark on bosses. Dash near bosses or what? Or is it something I have to cast on my own?

Thanks in advance :)
i have the forbidden jewels that give me divine guidance, i took arcane blessing, do i still need nodes in arcane surge or use the gem?
The build still clears really well, and the eldritch implicits and higher rolls on gear make this still feel pretty good.

The brittle on boots implicit massively increases damage against bosses.

Hey Wallach!

Big fan here, i love your guide since i startet poe during late Harvest League.
I always come back to this buildt.

Hell i pushed some currency into my buildt and i want to share it here, for those digging deeper into endgame Gearing.
Always open for improvement ideas :)

Im running
Hatred+zealotry+haste+precision
i have also experimented with determination, but it didn`t do enough imo.
The helm implicit and the +2 to soceted gems(giving us lvl6 enlighten) in combination with the forbidden gems opening up the 5th ascendancy skill in "sanctuary of thought" (reservation reduce and manacost/2)
are key for enabling multiple Auras.
with half manacost we can sustain mana with as few as 1300 and still benefit from MOM.

would be happy if you find time to take a look ;)

Greetings

https://pastebin.com/Uf8KQAJt
Last edited by nonoty on Mar 19, 2022, 12:17:11 AM
love the build ... but please update some of the stuff ... things like vengeful commander (doesnt exist anymore)

some of the areas need a touch up ... and im not being ungrateful. ive followed this build for years.

im sure im not the only one confused on some of the stuff in the guide that doesnt apply anymore

again thank you! im running this build on standard ... id also love a legacy section for running on standard (you dont have to )

xo xo
IGN- Shaeyaena
"
nonoty wrote:
Hey Wallach!

Big fan here, i love your guide since i startet poe during late Harvest League.
I always come back to this buildt.

Hell i pushed some currency into my buildt and i want to share it here, for those digging deeper into endgame Gearing.
Always open for improvement ideas :)

Im running
Hatred+zealotry+haste+precision
i have also experimented with determination, but it didn`t do enough imo.
The helm implicit and the +2 to soceted gems(giving us lvl6 enlighten) in combination with the forbidden gems opening up the 5th ascendancy skill in "sanctuary of thought" (reservation reduce and manacost/2)
are key for enabling multiple Auras.
with half manacost we can sustain mana with as few as 1300 and still benefit from MOM.

would be happy if you find time to take a look ;)

Greetings

https://pastebin.com/Uf8KQAJt

You should speak to wallach and discuss whether you can jointly update this guide, or if he'd prefer and you want to, you could make your own. You have pushed the build to a great level, and actually with what you've done I think the build is stronger than ever. The eldritch implicit add a lot of power that the build lost previously.

Do ones the glove implicit that gains life from cold damage apply to you or the totems? If its you, that's a great layer of defence. The only thing I'd be tempted to do would be to try to fit determination in. The build is weak to pahys damage, and getting 70% mitigation or so would be a huge boost to defence?

Great work dude.
thanks ^^

i`ll just do a more detailed post here,
dont really have the time to do a whole guide.

The gloves implicit does not work -same as doryanis lesson-
i replaced it with 13% increased mark effect.

its easy to swap out haste for determination.
but i prefer the 16% movementspeed+ 10%more damage that haste gives
i just dont feel a big enough impact on our toughnes/squishynes
from determination.
when we die its still from spells i think.

adding a 4th 50% aura will come at a big damageloss(25-30%less)
since we need to go up from 1 manareservation small clusters to 3
- loosing 2 damage/life jewels aswell as needing 6more skillpoints

https://pastebin.com/V9Pi9HLq

This feels close to being capped.
the clusterjewels with 12 passives feel really good,
i removed voices, since it doesnt really boost anything significantly more than cold clusters.
you can also remove the threads of hope jewel, does only safe us 3 skillpoints at this point.

Also worth mentioning:
The implicits on the Wand are really doing alot, since double damage helps with freezing bosses like Chayubi.
also the damageboost is FAAAAR above 14% cast speed.
Since we scale alot with cast speed, we lack a bit in "per Hit DMG"
with this setup chayula pure Breachstone boss doesnt move an inch and stays on his feet for 3-5 seconds.

Greetings
Last edited by nonoty on Mar 22, 2022, 2:25:14 PM
Hey there, thanks for the build, Wallach.

Even with some nerfs compared to 3.16 I still managed to get 36 achievements, get my first Maven kill ever with this build - overall, it was pretty fun run. Also, played Hiero first time, surprised I haven't checked him out earlier.

Maybe I should consider this build for HC.
Any thoughts on that? Is it really HC-viable?
Last edited by kommando69 on Apr 20, 2022, 5:40:21 AM
"
Vanadium81 wrote:
love the build ... but please update some of the stuff ... things like vengeful commander (doesnt exist anymore)

some of the areas need a touch up ... and im not being ungrateful. ive followed this build for years.

im sure im not the only one confused on some of the stuff in the guide that doesnt apply anymore

again thank you! im running this build on standard ... id also love a legacy section for running on standard (you dont have to )

xo xo

Hi, sorry about some of the update errors in the last version of this build. It's always proven a little too difficult for me to maintain two large guides smoothly, which is why in the past I retired my Holy Flame Totem guide. I'll give the guide a look over tonight and try to correct what's currently obviously incorrect or not updated recently.

That said, I should probably inform folks that this guide may not be updated for 3.18 regardless of what changes. I suffered a TIA at the start of March - a stroke where the blockage thankfully resolved very quickly before doing serious damage to my brain - and while I was not hospitalized for too long I've had some lingering secondary issues. By and large my recovery is going excellent at this point, but I also don't see myself spending the crazy hours I used to sitting at my computer desk during the traditional league start frenzy. I may still play and even find time to make a few videos, but whatever I do will have to be reduced from what I usually do for a new league.

As such, I can't picture me trying to also maintain both of my current guides. Even when I was basically devoting full weeks to PoE with a new league launch I couldn't keep two guides updated to my own satisfaction (as seen by the obvious errors), much less also create videos and play / stream the game as much as I would want. Personally I also wasn't that satisfied with the full arc of progression on this build anymore after league starting it in 3.17, so I think it's more likely that this is the guide that gets retired, if not both of them depending on how I feel when 3.18 is actually imminent.

Hopefully folks understand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info