[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
freud19821215 wrote:
The build is still pretty strong with enough investment, I've spent about 300ex on this build, now at level 96 I've cleared all endgame bosses at AWl9, 410k hideout DPS for Freezing Pulse and 82k hideout DPS for ice spear with Awakened GMP, Sirus, Maven and conquerors can be melted in seconds. I'm still trying to craft two good wands and level up a little bit for the second large cluster jewel.

Well everything for Totem build is way more expensive this league than last league but running logbooks is a very good way to make money, like 1+ex profit per logbook in average, just don't forget to reroll (using blessed orbs) the implicit modifier numbers if they are not good.

Thats cool and all, but for 300ex you can get way, way, way stronger builds!
Reading the Manifesto makes me excited for the next league. It will be easier than ever to get curse immunity. It might be even possible to ditch Viridi's Veil with the new tree nodes, jewels, buffed crafts and Yugul. You only need one Kikazaru (60%), Yugul and a jewel to get 100% for early game.
Thanks for the build, first time I lvlup a templar, lvl 98 so far so good !
never been so easy to chain sirus !

Curent gear :

Ho dps 316 k FP or 301 with 2 first snow

Keeping vitality and clarity in some case where map mods are a little in the way. Uber Lab many times to get some joyfull enchant on boots and belt (still thinking of replacing gloves enchant)
I miss this build and I hope Wallach will look into the viability for 3.16.

Edit: "The Elemental Overload Keystone Passive Skill now gives more Hit and Ailment Elemental Damage to Skills if they crit in the last 8 seconds. " Does this mean its going to work with totems now?
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Oct 10, 2021, 3:13:26 PM
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
I miss this build and I hope Wallach will look into the viability for 3.16.

Edit: "The Elemental Overload Keystone Passive Skill now gives more Hit and Ailment Elemental Damage to Skills if they crit in the last 8 seconds. " Does this mean its going to work with totems now?

It does kind of sound like it would work, but we'll have to see the final wording on the keystone to know for sure.

As far as updating the build for 3.16, we'll have to see. I wasn't really happy with the state of it in 3.15, so I'd probably only do that if it looked like the build got a sizeable damage buff in 3.16.
Well, I wasn't expecting a big passive tree rework this patch.

Even if I don't wind up playing Freezing Pulse totems this league, I'll go ahead and get at least a basic update done for the guide so folks have some kind of resource to reference at league start.

I suspect the build overall is probably slightly buffed compared to last patch. Cannot be Frozen from Brine King, curse mitigation buffs making it easier to get into Essence Worm (and maybe even Coward's Legacy) without something like Viridi's, and maybe a few more efficient points from Ancestral Bond not having any weak minors leading into it. The small nerf to Soul Mantle is not really relevant in context of the life/mitigation change they made to Spell Totem.

We'll see if the full passive tree reveal shows anything more interesting, but overall I don't think it'll actually be a big shakeup for this build compared to last patch.
"
Wallach wrote:

Even if I don't wind up playing Freezing Pulse totems this league, I'll go ahead and get at least a basic update done for the guide so folks have some kind of resource to reference at league start.

I suspect the build overall is probably slightly buffed compared to last patch. Cannot be Frozen from Brine King, curse mitigation buffs making it easier to get into Essence Worm (and maybe even Coward's Legacy) without something like Viridi's, and maybe a few more efficient points from Ancestral Bond not having any weak minors leading into it. The small nerf to Soul Mantle is not really relevant in context of the life/mitigation change they made to Spell Totem.

We'll see if the full passive tree reveal shows anything more interesting, but overall I don't think it'll actually be a big shakeup for this build compared to last patch.

Hi. Can you tell me please why some people swap FP to Ice Spear on bosses?
More damage?
Is it worth to use gem swap?
Thanks.
"
Wallach wrote:

You're tone sounds a bit indifferent, are you thinking the build is quite undertuned still, or just generally not that into POE atm?
"
unne wrote:
More damage?
Thanks.

It's mainly to improve the relatively weak single target damage at early phases of gearing (like around league start). After the big 3.15 nerfs the last round of conquerors and first Sirus point of the league can start to feel pretty rough for single target damage depending on how your gearing went.

I only recommend it if you're having single target issues, and only if you are fighting the bosses that don't tend to move very much (Shaper, Elder, Sirus, Conuerors, Atziri, etc). Bosses like Shaper Guardians or Breachlords are pretty terrible for Ice Spear by comparison because you'll lose too much damage to their movement and you'd generally have better results just sticking to Freezing Pulse with its much more consistent screen coverage.

That said, all of the bosses that I'd consider Ice Spear good at are also bosses that are pretty controllable and telegraphed, so having lower DPS for them is generally not as bad as having poor DPS against something like Esh or Phoenix (which get significantly harder the longer you extend those encounters).

"
You're tone sounds a bit indifferent, are you thinking the build is quite undertuned still, or just generally not that into POE atm?

I'm actually excited for 3.16, as it seems like a nice turnaround for the game after a terrible 3.15 patch. The build probably still feels a bit undertuned after 3.15 but we'll have to see what comes of the passive tree changes. The curse mitigation changes should also improve the overall power curve of the build at leaguestart a bit too which is always nice.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
unne wrote:
More damage?
Thanks.

It's mainly to improve the relatively weak single target damage at early phases of gearing (like around league start). After the big 3.15 nerfs the last round of conquerors and first Sirus point of the league can start to feel pretty rough for single target damage depending on how your gearing went.

I only recommend it if you're having single target issues, and only if you are fighting the bosses that don't tend to move very much (Shaper, Elder, Sirus, Conuerors, Atziri, etc). Bosses like Shaper Guardians or Breachlords are pretty terrible for Ice Spear by comparison because you'll lose too much damage to their movement and you'd generally have better results just sticking to Freezing Pulse with its much more consistent screen coverage.

That said, all of the bosses that I'd consider Ice Spear good at are also bosses that are pretty controllable and telegraphed, so having lower DPS for them is generally not as bad as having poor DPS against something like Esh or Phoenix (which get significantly harder the longer you extend those encounters).

"

I'm actually excited for 3.16, as it seems like a nice turnaround for the game after a terrible 3.15 patch. The build probably still feels a bit undertuned after 3.15 but we'll have to see what comes of the passive tree changes. The curse mitigation changes should also improve the overall power curve of the build at leaguestart a bit too which is always nice.

Cool, will be nice to have you back. I vary between spectres and fp totem every league start, but as you've probably seen spectres have literally been deleted from the game!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info