[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Wallach wrote:
Even if I don't wind up playing Freezing Pulse totems this league, I'll go ahead and get at least a basic update done for the guide so folks have some kind of resource to reference at league start.

Thank you for that! :)

"
Wallach wrote:
We'll see if the full passive tree reveal shows anything more interesting, but overall I don't think it'll actually be a big shakeup for this build compared to last patch.

Even though the build itself wasn't directly buffed, with the nerfs of the recent popular/powerful builds (FR, spectres, SST, etc.) it will rise up in viability - compared to the other builds. So maybe it will be a good option again for someone who likes the playstyle.
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Oct 15, 2021, 9:30:35 AM
"
Wallach wrote:
Well, I wasn't expecting a big passive tree rework this patch.

Even if I don't wind up playing Freezing Pulse totems this league, I'll go ahead and get at least a basic update done for the guide so folks have some kind of resource to reference at league start.

I suspect the build overall is probably slightly buffed compared to last patch. Cannot be Frozen from Brine King, curse mitigation buffs making it easier to get into Essence Worm (and maybe even Coward's Legacy) without something like Viridi's, and maybe a few more efficient points from Ancestral Bond not having any weak minors leading into it. The small nerf to Soul Mantle is not really relevant in context of the life/mitigation change they made to Spell Totem.

We'll see if the full passive tree reveal shows anything more interesting, but overall I don't think it'll actually be a big shakeup for this build compared to last patch.

Thank you Wallach! Every league I think about starting other meta builds and always say no and come back to this thread like a warm blanket. I cant wait until the POB is updated.
Would love to see you back.
I skipped the last league without even trying so didn't experience the nerfs ^^.
But planning to league start with this hope it works out for everyone.
Hopefully with a combination of the new cold mysteries, awakened gem upgrades, and the corruptions on the scourge gear like +1 to cold gems, that we can get alot of our damage back?
I never tried it but would https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Asenath%27s_Gentle_Touch work with this build ?

Since we shatter enemies there would be no corpse left to curse the enemies around ?

Would be nice to have explosions on top of our normal good clear speed.
Anyone ever tried it out ?
Last edited by MasterLoki666 on Oct 17, 2021, 1:25:43 PM
"
MasterLoki666 wrote:
I never tried it but would https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Asenath%27s_Gentle_Touch work with this build ?

Since we shatter enemies there would be no corpse left to curse the enemies around ?

Would be nice to have explosions on top of our normal good clear speed.
Anyone ever tried it out ?

I don't think shattered corpses can explode, but really even if they did it doesn't seem worth it really. The build already has great clear, and these are pretty expensive gloves. Probably better off looking for ways to improve single target rather than clear.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Oct 17, 2021, 5:11:51 PM
Thinking of trying this build as my league starter for 3.16 :D
Totem mastery

Totems' Action Speed cannot be modified to below base value
Skills that would Summon a Totem have 30% chance to Summon two Totems instead
5% of Damage from Hits is taken from your nearest Totem's Life before you
Totems Taunt Enemies around them for 1 seconds when Summoned
60% increased Global Critical Strike Chance if you've Summoned a Totem Recently
50% increased Totem Placement range

The taunt one seems pretty good for survivability considering how totems get spammed in this build
Looks like there is at least a decent amount of buffs in the masteries. ( Cold, Crit, Elemental and Projectile)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info