[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
kamikazi234 wrote:
@Fon249

Is there a specific reason not to use Animate Guardian?

I have been using it (I came from a Baron Summoner where it was pretty standard) and getting the Fortify AOE, and Culling AOE from Kingmaker along with the damage aura from Leer Gaze, and movement speed from Victario's flight seems to be a no brainer and gave me back a bunch of slots.

My next goal is to get some gloves for him which apply the curses and then I don't need to worry about those either (though I do already have my mana res/SoP damage rings with Surge and Vulnerability so it doesnt make sense to swap those out.

Similar to you my plan is to hit a +1 to max curses on my chest and get the passive and then use the AG to proc 2 of the curses with his hits, plus the 1 with mine...

I have slotted it into my helmet where Carrion golem is and move carrion golem to a 2 link with feeding frenzy (to proc that for my zoo).

At this point with the 30% reduced mana res for pride from my ammy (25% + 20% life/mana catalysts) I am able to run all my auras (Spider, Flesh and Stone, Pride, Dread Banner and HoP) while still being able to flame dash and BV. If i can get my rings to 20% (currently 19% and 18%) I should have a little more of a buffer where right now I have a total of 3 total spare mana upon casting 1 BV...

That said, I think this build has more damage than either of the past 2 league baron zombiemancers I've had while being tankier (though he is in the thick of it)...

Frankly - i just have never committed the time to Animate Guardian. I think there are a few things that may or may not hold it back. I dont know if you get a high enough level on the AG to guarantee survival, at which point you're throwing away items periodically. If you can keep one up - maybe its worth it.
The other downfall is that we get Onslaught with 5 allies/minions. With RS + SG/CG, you're at 4-5 off the bat for perma onslaught. Arena masters do give a pretty healthy boost to AS/MS.

I think if you can afford the kingmaker/leergaze/vicatrios then yes - it might make sense to go AG over a golem, and it would stack well with RS. You can proc your FF with RS or AG - grabbing a Stoneskin Flayer seems to keep the most uptime on FF for me.

I do think you're on to something and i started working up the craft for a Pride Res ammy this morning, still deciding which of the final suffixes i'll need/want. EDIT: There is theoretically a way to get both Pride, +Str Gems, and +Phys. But it wouldn't be easy to craft since PRide and Str live on the same base. Add Modifier/Rem Modifier from Influence pool is probably the easiest way to hit it, and getting lucky Phys slams for the Phys Gem would be the way to do it.

I'd say for ease/convenience, SG > AG. If you have the currency and the +3 minion helm, AG should be good.
Last edited by fong249 on Jul 12, 2020, 3:44:07 PM
"
fong249 wrote:

I think if you can afford the kingmaker/leergaze/vicatrios then yes - it might make sense to go AG over a golem, and it would stack well with RS. You can proc your FF with RS or AG - grabbing a Stoneskin Flayer seems to keep the most uptime on FF for me.

I'd say for ease/convenience, SG > AG. If you have the currency and the +3 minion helm, AG should be good.

I am running both SG and AG... My current setup is AG and SG in my helmet with meat shield and RS and FF with the CG on my weapon... I haven't had ANY issues keeping my AG up at all (and I only recently RNG'd a 21/20). Remember that AG is a PHYS gem, so I my AG is lvl 30 (6 from daggers, 1 from ammy, and 2 from my +2 minion helmet, which could be 3 if I was rich enough to buy the base...)

With the RS of They of Thull and 2 Arena masters the AG also is hard to kill and hits fast and often...

My current links are as follows and I keep everything up and haven't had any suitability or DPS issues:

Weapon 1: CWDT, molten shell, convocation
Weapon 2: FF, CG, MS (the MS is a throwaway, not sure if I could benefit from a no-link or something else here)
Helmet: RS, AG, SG with meatshield
Armor: 6L HOP
Gloves (which have Blind and Faster casting): Brutality, BV, Unleash, Flame dash (benefits from both blind and faster casting)
Boots: Enlighen 3, dread banner, pride, flesh and stone

I also have lvl 20 aspect of spider on my ammy...

This leaves me with 67/842 mana reserved which is enough to cast BV or flame dash...

Ironically the worst mod I can get from a sextant is instant mana pots because I wind up chain casting to keep BV up, otherwise my mana pot (not coming off when youre at full mana) keeps me up all the time...

EDIT: about AG cost
The only expensive thing on my AG currently is Kingmaker which costed me .8ex buying the pieces myself and forging... I think for the 100% uptime fortify alone, he is worth it.
Last edited by kamikazi234 on Jul 12, 2020, 9:36:47 PM
where does your sheet dps end up?
"
fong249 wrote:
where does your sheet dps end up?

Not 100% sure how to calculate that correct as when I do an import into something like path of building, it shows me at -23% mana so I don't know what else is wrong...

If you know how to do the calculation for the HoP or the overall build I'd be glad to calculate it.
Send me your pastebin and i'll give it a go.
What would you consider the priority of auras, i`m almost there to run all 4 of them.

Herald of Purity (ofc must be ;d )
but now
1.Flesh and Stone
2.Pride
3.Dread Banner

i can only run 2 of these 3 and can`t really choose ...
IGN: TheRevolt
from my PoB it was Pride > dread banner > flesh and stone.
Been enjoying the build. I take down almost anything fairly easily. Where can I improve from here do you guys think?

"
Rognarak wrote:
Been enjoying the build. I take down almost anything fairly easily. Where can I improve from here do you guys think?

A couple things I upgraded (and I am still working towards):
- Get aspect of the spider (I put mine on my ammy)
- Got gloves with gems get lvl 20 blind and lvl 20 faster casting (helps with flame dash and BV)
- I got boots with chance to gain elusive and found it was great for an MS and dodge bump
- Get better HP everywhere (I am in same same peril here, lol)
- +3 minion helm with sentinel enchant
I've pretty much run my PoB into the ground and with Awakened Minion Dmg and Awakened Brutality, lvl 21 HoP, Vuln, Punishment, Aspect of the Spider, F&S, Pride, Dread Banner i'm coming up with 4.1M DPS/sentinel which is a ton. I don't have a +1 Sentinel Bone Helmet, nor do i think i'll grind for one to craft, which would be another substantive boost in DPS (especially if elder, -9% Phys Reduction +20% minion dmg). Maxing out all of my Mana Res on rings, anoint charisma, and 30% pride reduction gets me to a total of 81 Unreserved Mana which is fine, not great - about enough for two bvs. I'm guessing i could get to about 4.7-4.8m DPS per sentinel - about 2M less than last league (with 4 fewer sentinels!) but the game is easymode - nothing is near as gibby as delirium.

At any rate, i'm currently sitting at about 3.3M DPS / sentinel which is plenty for AW8 and any content i've faced. 5.3K HP and 22K armor with Molten up, 26k with VMS up. I think I might be able to get close to maxing chaos res if i figure out what to do with my belt. I could probably squeeze in another medium or large cluster, but i havent done the math on that yet - my guess is i can get pretty darn close to 4.5M DPS without a bone helmet.

fun build as usual. crafting really got fun. Check my amulet - it's very close to being perfect - need to hit the remove/add phys for +1 phys skills... tough roll.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info