[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

What small cluster jewel / and keystone are people aiming for?

I have been going for surging vitality but unsure if there is a better alternative.
Are we better off using Coming Calamity or the two rings. Only lv24 atm so still got a way to go, but was wondering if there is any way of adding flame dash or another gap jumping skill into the build without killing it.
I started this league with this build. This is my budget build with total spending were around 3.5 Exalts.

A5 Sirus was down relatively easily. I believe taking down Shaper and Uber Elder should be relatively doable. However, I been not active as Harvest League is not interesting to me.

I went a slight different route since I do not want to depend on the cluster jewels (until GGG patch in the new changes to cluster jewel).

I have another Circle of Guilt with 'reduced mana reservation' and 'inc Sentinel damage' and Cold Iron Dagger which I will equip once i get a better Stygian Vise with sufficient res and life.

My next immediate upgrade
1. Get a +1 phys level/str level amulet
2. Anoint either Ravenous Horde or Charisma
3. Craft Aspect of the Spider onto either Amulet or Belt once i get something of worth.
4. Get a Thread of Hope with 'affect large ring' to save passive point and re-route to +1 additional curse
5. Get a Hands of the High Templar with Vul/Enfeeble on Hit
"
3. Craft Aspect of the Spider onto either Amulet or Belt once i get something of worth.
4. Get a Thread of Hope with 'affect large ring' to save passive point and re-route to +1 additional curse
Some questions about this...

1) What is the order for auras?

Right now I can carry 2/3: Pride, Dread Banner, Flesh and Stone.

That said, if I can allocate Charisma with an anoint, I could run all 3 or swap in Aspect of the Spider for one of the three above auras, but I don't know which makes sense and I'm having issues viewing what my DPS would be in PoB.

2) Why would you want a large ring Thread of Hope? Not sure where you're planning to put it because from what I can tell, a medium would give you ravenous horde?

3) If you can grab Ravenous Horde with a Thread of Hope, is Charisma the best anoint at that point?
"
kamikazi234 wrote:
"

That said, if I can allocate Charisma with an anoint, I could run all 3 or swap in Aspect of the Spider for one of the three above auras, but I don't know which makes sense and I'm having issues viewing what my DPS would be in PoB.

2) Why would you want a large ring Thread of Hope? Not sure where you're planning to put it because from what I can tell, a medium would give you ravenous horde?

3) If you can grab Ravenous Horde with a Thread of Hope, is Charisma the best anoint at that point?

For me on POB, it's Pride > Dread Banner > Flesh and Stone

Thread of Hope large lets you get spiritual aid. You could also use another I think to grab Ravenous Horde and then anoint Charisma for an additional 8% mana res, but you'd need to mitigate -20% Elemental Res. The tradeoff is probably close to 200k DPS per Sentinel +/-. I'd go with Aspect of the Spider for the Slow + Dmg over Flesh and Stone, but that's me.
"
kamikazi234 wrote:
"

I am not an expert in Path of Building, so I usually gauge my build efficiency by 'how quick the end-game bosses move to different phases'. Hence, the following are just my opinion:

1. I am currently using Flesh and Stone, Aspect of Spider and Dread Banner for damage. My main source of minions damage are from my jewels and the two circle of guilt with 'Sentinel deal Increased Damage'. I would run Pride once i finish crafting my amulet with 'reduced Pride reservation' and anoint with Charisma.

2. Placing a large ring Thread of Hope at the jewel socket near 'Devotion' allows you to grab 'Spiritual' and 'Sovereignty' ring which save you 7 passive points that you can use 4 points to grab Whisper of Doom and 3 points to grab the jewel socket nearby. I would only do this once I have a vul and enfeeble on hit glove.
Right now I am running pride & flesh and stone (blood stance) and not noticing any issues killing anything up to T16 with guardian kills.

For me I prioritized the implicit and mana reservation on my guilt rings (hope is to get the damage with those implicits in the future) so I am using arcane surge on hit on one, and vulnerability on hit with the other.

If my calculations are correct (and maybe this is stupid, not sure, new to HoP), I should be able to take a lvl 3 enlighten, and anoint Charisma to make the following use 100% of my mana for: HoP, Pride, Flesh and Stone, Dread Banner and Aspect of the Spider.

I can then use a bloodmagic gem with BV and Flame Dash and if I put a Kingmaker on my Animate Guardian, I'll have 100% uptime on fortify and won't need the whirling blades to proc it.

I would be interested to hear what you guys think...
How viable is this build without pure agony adding more sentinels ? And does it affect overall dps at end game ?
DELETED (stupid question)
Last edited by dumphuc on Jul 3, 2020, 4:09:31 PM
Any ideas where to put auras with enlighten? I dont have that much 4l available.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info