[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
TbReTZ34 wrote:
How viable is this build without pure agony adding more sentinels ? And does it affect overall dps at end game ?

The build is very viable even after the nerfs. What people might not realize is that 3.10 made this build ridiculously overpowered with Pure Agony. Now in 3.11 with max 5 sentinels you can still achieve 5x 3-5 million dps which is a lot. I play standard so I still have legacy Circle of Guilt rings which help with mana reservation but you should achieve similar results by sacrificing few nodes on the tree for Discord Artisan (or by anointing it). This combined to Guardian ascendancy and great defenses makes this build very enjoyable and safe to play.

My build has ~4,7 million dps per sentinel so 5x that and we're close to 25 million with all buffs up. You can still drop aw 8 Sirus on last phase before the last phase actually even begins.

And to answer your question, yes. Obviously number of sentinels is single biggest thing affecting your total dps output.
"
TbReTZ34 wrote:
The build is very viable even after the nerfs. What people might not realize is that 3.10 made this build ridiculously overpowered with Pure Agony. Now in 3.11 with max 5 sentinels you can still achieve 5x 3-5 million dps which is a lot. I play standard so I still have legacy Circle of Guilt rings which help with mana reservation but you should achieve similar results by sacrificing few nodes on the tree for Discord Artisan (or by anointing it). This combined to Guardian ascendancy and great defenses makes this build very enjoyable and safe to play.

How exactly are you calculating the DPS for the sentinels?

I had 0 deaths and no issue with AL5 Sirus, and have not had many issues with any specific T16 modes (except reflective phys) so I'm interested to see what my DPS is...

EDIT: formatting
Last edited by kamikazi234 on Jul 6, 2020, 7:28:46 PM
Hi,

CWDT + Vaal Molten Shell + Enfeeble + Convocation

How would these work? At what level does your CWDT stops at? I tried to kept it low, but it has gem level requirements and does not proc my molten shell(not vaal)

I am still pretty new to POE. My second build after discovering Miner BL are pretty expensive to build.
"
MinionHz wrote:
Hi,

CWDT + Vaal Molten Shell + Enfeeble + Convocation

How would these work? At what level does your CWDT stops at? I tried to kept it low, but it has gem level requirements and does not proc my molten shell(not vaal)

I am still pretty new to POE. My second build after discovering Miner BL are pretty expensive to build.

Depends on what you are comfortable with. I use CWDT 15 + Vaal Molten Shell 18 + Enfeeble 17

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support
stepped back in to this league once i got the hang of the harvest mechanic. We can craft really nice helms, boots, chests and ammys out of it. For chest i went +1 active +you can apply an additional curse. I'm not sure what value tailwind has for us - my guess is not much, but i may try to slam some tailwind boots on (or elusive, which may end up balancing out a little better for clear). Amulet will be +1 Phys +1 Str w/ life, res. Helmet crafting is the most expensive as finding an armor base + Sentinels is expensive, and Bone Helmets are super expensive as well, especially with a SOP enchant. Damage is allegedly 2.3M per sentinel, and i've cleared AL8 (not deathless) but Al7 and down deathless. Still missing a lot of life (Amulet, Chest, should be +/- 200 flat life).

Trying to figure out where i can grab arcane surge. There's gotta be an easy way im just not seeing it.
"
kamikazi234 wrote:
"
TbReTZ34 wrote:

How exactly are you calculating the DPS for the sentinels?

I had 0 deaths and no issue with AL5 Sirus, and have not had many issues with any specific T16 modes (except reflective phys) so I'm interested to see what my DPS is...

EDIT: formatting

With Path of Building. You also need to install community fork for it which calculates dps more accurately.

Btw. You quoted my message as kamikazi234's message.
"
fong249 wrote:
stepped back in to this league once i got the hang of the harvest mechanic. We can craft really nice helms, boots, chests and ammys out of it. For chest i went +1 active +you can apply an additional curse. I'm not sure what value tailwind has for us - my guess is not much, but i may try to slam some tailwind boots on (or elusive, which may end up balancing out a little better for clear). Amulet will be +1 Phys +1 Str w/ life, res. Helmet crafting is the most expensive as finding an armor base + Sentinels is expensive, and Bone Helmets are super expensive as well, especially with a SOP enchant. Damage is allegedly 2.3M per sentinel, and i've cleared AL8 (not deathless) but Al7 and down deathless. Still missing a lot of life (Amulet, Chest, should be +/- 200 flat life).

Trying to figure out where i can grab arcane surge. There's gotta be an easy way im just not seeing it.

Following up with some creative ideas: Fortify on Boots is an easy craft. I managed to snag some i83 (not great) Elder Boots. Got bored of Perfect Fossiling them at 27% qual, then started spamming some alts. nailed a T1 Dex, T1 Lvl20 Fortify, T2 Speed. Crafted Light Res (this was a mistake, shouldve done cold since Elder can hit Shocked Ground) > Add/Rem Light Res (currently T8, ew), then Crafted Cold Res to block suffixes. Slammed life and currently sitting T4, i think i can take to T2 (80-89 life). Total spent was 50c for the base, 50c for perfect fossils (really not necessary but whatever), a few more chaos for the crafts. Probably no more than 150C for boots that give me fortify so that i can now do 3 curse (+1 Chest, +1 Tree). If i had the currency or get a lucky sirus i'll use Awakened Curse on Hit w/ Punishment, Whirling Blades, Faster Attacks (currently just normal Awakened Curse on hit and 3 passives in the tree). Awakened CoH would free me up 3 passives which i can put into health somewhere.

My helmet is still the same 35c helmet i've had since level 70 or so. I'll figure out that one down the line, but don't feel like lab farming for it. I believe i'll need elder to slam the -9 phys reduction and it would be nice if i could get Elder Bone to get some extra minion damage. +Minion Skill Gems isnt really necessary since it only juices Sentinels/Golems which seems unnecessary.

On the amulet, i'll look to craft a Jade amulet w/ +1 Phys, +1 Strength, +Max Life + Dex as a base. Mana res might be cool as well to let me sneak in another Aura or Aspect of the Spider (would trade Ravenous Horde for Charisma). I'd estimate this is going to cost around 5-10 ex to craft, the majority of that being tied to the Awakener's Orb i'd need to grab, since none of them want to drop for me.

I have no awakened gems right now nor do i have a +2 amulet, nor do i have a lvl 21 HoP, sheet dps is 3.05M/Sentinel for 15M. All content is pretty easy peasy.

If anyone comes across a Arcane Surge Circle of Guilt w/ Mana Res and Sentinel Damage let me know... Then i can toss Arcane Surge from my HotHT and throw in Culling Strike.

Shouldn't be too hard to get to 4M DPS+/- sentinel but incrementally it's gotten way more expensive. I'm not sure i want to fit another Cluster Jewel into the tree but it might make sense
@Fon249

Is there a specific reason not to use Animate Guardian?

I have been using it (I came from a Baron Summoner where it was pretty standard) and getting the Fortify AOE, and Culling AOE from Kingmaker along with the damage aura from Leer Gaze, and movement speed from Victario's flight seems to be a no brainer and gave me back a bunch of slots.

My next goal is to get some gloves for him which apply the curses and then I don't need to worry about those either (though I do already have my mana res/SoP damage rings with Surge and Vulnerability so it doesnt make sense to swap those out.

Similar to you my plan is to hit a +1 to max curses on my chest and get the passive and then use the AG to proc 2 of the curses with his hits, plus the 1 with mine...

I have slotted it into my helmet where Carrion golem is and move carrion golem to a 2 link with feeding frenzy (to proc that for my zoo).

At this point with the 30% reduced mana res for pride from my ammy (25% + 20% life/mana catalysts) I am able to run all my auras (Spider, Flesh and Stone, Pride, Dread Banner and HoP) while still being able to flame dash and BV. If i can get my rings to 20% (currently 19% and 18%) I should have a little more of a buffer where right now I have a total of 3 total spare mana upon casting 1 BV...

That said, I think this build has more damage than either of the past 2 league baron zombiemancers I've had while being tankier (though he is in the thick of it)...
This doesn't work. The ring doesn't have that high of a mana reserve reduction anymore. so the build just doesn't function anymore as it is described here. 24% is the best you can commonly get. So the whole measure of skills is off. Don't Bother with this build until they fix it.
Last edited by TwistedPower on Jul 12, 2020, 6:31:28 AM
"
TwistedPower wrote:
This doesn't work. The ring doesn't have that high of a mana reserve reduction anymore. so the build just doesn't function anymore as it is described here. 24% is the best you can commonly get. So the whole measure of skills is off. Don't Bother with this build until they fix it.

Discord Artisan and/or anoint Charisma solves that. You can also use thread of hope (medium) and get ravenous horde on top

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info