[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Xenhil wrote:
I started with your build this league and have some insights:

- Leveling from start to maps was amazing, fast progression, no drawbacks just pure joy
- The first set of problems appeared in early maps. The life version of Lightning Trap feels bad vs white/yellow maps in the league start scenario. You don't have enough pierce, the damage is lackluster, tankiness is nonexistent. That's why I swapped to Eye of Winter traps to farm some currency and get access to red maps and awakening 8
- When I got like ~10 ex I decided to revisit this build as a proper low-life version. And WOW, this is a night and day difference. I've quadrupled my damage, got ~6.2k ES, and gameplay feels much smoother
- Yesterday I killed Sirus A8 without any issues, finishing Atlas today and pumping more currency into gear. Potential is there, just the starter life version overshadows it extremely hard.

Definitely, that's also what the build is designed for (ES, not life) -- life is only forced on us during levels as no-one can truly start out a LL ES character, it has to be built into.

That's why in the guide I very much recommend that you go CI when you reach maps and you equip ES in every gear slot:) But it's great to hear you've completed A8 already and nearly finished the atlas, gj mate:)

My own content is gonna be a bit delayed as I can only play a few hours per evening aaaaand twitch chat convinced me to tainted-fusing my 5L shavs... so it turned into a 4L ;P rip lol. Time to farm currency again :)

"
Bebinou wrote:
Hey guys! I followed the build and like it a lot so far (I ever only played witch summoner). I think I switched to ES a bit early though but now I'm almost at 6k es so it gets easier.

I had a question: what content is the easiest for a beginner like me? I don't really like chain mapping that much but I like blighted maps, heist, delve, and other special content like that. I tried delve and died a lot (which didnt happen on summoner so I guess it's because Im just bad at positioning).

Is there something this build is especially good at?

Keep in mind Delve was changed in this league (A LOT).
Your depth scales way way faster, meaning you start taking heavy damage at much earlier depths than previous leagues. So depth 100 is not equal to depth 100 in previous leagues, but more like depth 400 etc (idk exact numbers).

You should be totally fine unless you push way past your own level content in depth and same for blight stuff etc, heist too. All of it should be farmable if you're on a 5L. :)

"
Ashandaar wrote:

With proper investement this build is really rocking hard. But playing it on the life-side was pretty rough imo.

Glad at this stage on how it performs though. Mad prop for all the work you provide here. I usually not follow builds but hey, yours really deserved a shot!

Hope you'll be doing fine too, pretty curious to see the results of your testings later on.

Great to hear it mate:) And thanks!
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 28, 2021, 6:11:08 PM
Is there a minimum item level needed for shaper shield before trying to craft one?
I posted a bug report about traps not coming with us into nightmare if people want to bump it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3193405
livejamie
So much going into detail on how to get like stuff crafted much appreciated.
Dude this build is awesome it was so rough at the start though in hybrid, but once u get low life its insane!

really enjoying the build so far doing awakener carries
divergent lightning trap is really nice too with the lab enchant
Got into red maps damage is really good but I've died a lot with 6.8K ES and my block is fairly low tbh, I have 34% to block attack damage and 65% to block spell damage while rumi's is active, I have some currency to do some upgrades but I really don't know what to upgrade right now. any help?
Spoiler
"
FlyinRaijin wrote:
So much going into detail on how to get like stuff crafted much appreciated.

"
zally666 wrote:
Dude this build is awesome it was so rough at the start though in hybrid, but once u get low life its insane!

really enjoying the build so far doing awakener carries
divergent lightning trap is really nice too with the lab enchant

"
Desuuuuuuuu wrote:
Got into red maps damage is really good but I've died a lot with 6.8K ES and my block is fairly low tbh, I have 34% to block attack damage and 65% to block spell damage while rumi's is active, I have some currency to do some upgrades but I really don't know what to upgrade right now. any help?

I appreciate you guys taking your time to post your experiences as well and thanks:)

@Desuuuuuuuu
Definitely get your lab enchant on boots, the dmg will also help you live.

Defensively you badly need the ES% recovery on your shield if you're doing high-tier reds. Your spellblock is great, not sure why your att block is only 34? mine is 40% atm with rumi's active (70% spell) and my end goal is to add another 15% att% block through shield crafting. Basically i'm using dense as they are very cheap until I get T1-T2 ES stats with attack-block and recovery.

According to craftofexile math, i'll average 200 dense fossils per shield with such stats. If you sell the shields that hit just good es% + recovery, you may even profit by only re-buying the bases and continue going for att% block with recovery%.

Throw speed is also a huge stat and btw it can be scourged onto gloves, which is pretty crazy, 15% throw speed as a glove scourge mod.

"
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 29, 2021, 12:26:13 AM
I got 5,4k ES nad Baran on AW 8 one shot me. GG
I need to look into crafting some shields soon, what ilvl shaper shield should I be looking for? Want to get a few on hand for harvest rolls too.

I just had my 3rd exalted drop so need to upgrade some gear tonight as i'm sitting on 2ex atm.
Is this a good build that I could sink my currencies into during mid/late league? How's the damage and survivability ceiling for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info