Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

GGG's way of saying oops, some demons was released on roids.

----------

"
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 27, 2021, 7:03:16 PM
"

You have extremely low ES to be doing red maps mate (or the league mechanic). Look at item suggestions in the guide and pickup a few upgrades that at least has decent ES because you're lacking almost 2k ES or more right now.

Even I have more ES in my current trash gear that I paid less than 10c total for :P (aside from 5l shav).

Thanks for the reply. Would you recommend for me to dumb the block es regen shield I have and just get big flat ES shield instead?
Hi,

after playing around with it a bit (and halfhearted following the build guide i have to ask a few questions):

Build is somewhat easy to level (as traps/mines typically are) and the clearing and dps of lightning trap is ok for white/yellow maps. My setup is not optimal i know (flasks are not optimized, i should switch my shield until i got more ES in general...., belt is kind of useless since i got so much strength on my amulet....). However with the same non optimized gear and less investment i played a bow character last league which did much better in terms of mapping.

A few things are apparent imo:

The way this build deals damage is by getting relatively near enemies(same screen, trap throwing range is kinda short tbh), then throwing traps, ideally on top of the enemies due to the way lightning trap deals damage (in comparison to arc trap for example).

This makes the playstyle relatively slow and dangerous for mapping/delve/ritual/legion etc.
It does not really excel in doing single-target damage either due to the way lightning trap works (no shotgunning, you have to constantly throw traps which is dangerous etc.).
Especially fast rares (sirus influenced, legion etc) are (as for many builds) an issue because they are typically not oneshotted and you dont slow them down and the way lightning trap deals damage makes it dangerous because you have to stand at one place and character speed is also quite slow.
The defences (ES on block etc.) work good against small hits compared to your ES pool but that makes it really not good against endgame stuff without super good gear because you typically die there because of juiced rares which are so fast you probably wont kill them unless you are super cautious in your playstyle.

My question therefore is:

Do i play it wrong, or is this build just not good without 20-100 Ex investment?
It is ok for mapping or bossing, but not really good for any of it.

"
XAILOL wrote:
"

You have extremely low ES to be doing red maps mate (or the league mechanic). Look at item suggestions in the guide and pickup a few upgrades that at least has decent ES because you're lacking almost 2k ES or more right now.

Even I have more ES in my current trash gear that I paid less than 10c total for :P (aside from 5l shav).

Thanks for the reply. Would you recommend for me to dumb the block es regen shield I have and just get big flat ES shield instead?

100%

Or buy a 5-10c shaper vaal spirit shield ilvl 86.
Then buy like 20 dense for 15-20c and try your luck :)

I did and it's an okay starter... it's pretty bad ES but its ok for white and yellow that i'm at right now:
Finally hit my colors on Shav, got a bit unlucky and spent 30-40 chromatics over average but can't complain. Did get a nice weapon upgrade drop last night
Tip for color. Create one green on bench, and use craft. For me work in first try.
Hm, you have added golem after i have mentioned it on your yt vid.

I have another thing to consider, adding spell damage leech. It doesnt work with traps, BUT it works with tempest shield and since we got tons of blocking, its quite interesting. Im currently testing it on flask (diamond with charges at crit and spell leech) and it seems to work great.

Its definitly an option before getting ES on block shield, and maybe even after with Light eater/Ethereal feast and maybe linking some support to increase Tempest shield damage.
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
kaelthai wrote:
Hey thanks for the build. I've been trying to roll the shield with the video guide but I don't think it's as cut and dry as 50/50 on the block mod. I tried twice to roll the mod but both times I got recovery. As the weightings on the mods are 5000 to 250 I doubt this is a viable strategy. The only way you can get it is by getting lucky or getting 2 'defence' mods on your suffix roll with harvest.

Any ideas?

Should be a great shield if I can get the roll.

according to craft of exile, crusader shields still only have 1 suffix, idk if it's out-dated still, but they did change the shaper shield, so i assume they'd have changed that too, idk though.

The % faster start of energy shield recharge is in the global mod pool now so both shaper and crusader have two mods you can roll with defence reforge. The difference is that shaper shields have a higher mod weight than crusaders. Shaper's block mod is 800 and crusader's is 250. I'm just weighing my options because it seems unlikely I'll hit it with 250 weighting. And exalts are limited of course.
Hey Dissentxtv, how are you?

Bought my Shavs last night and im sitting in 4.8k ES and 1.5k Life, how can i increase this? saw u have 5k ES

Worth buying and starting use the Crown of the Inward Eye?
Now i should focus on the amulet or the shield with ES Regen on Block?
Running the numbers vitality if we can fit it in looks more useful then taking regenerate 2% of life per second converted via zealots oath.

Unless my math is wrong 8k ES would translate to 160 ES regen a second where as level 12 vitality does 161.9 and only requires 83 strength and is buffed by stats.

So vitality would be more bang for our buck, although 2% ES and stone golem could beat that, but then a portion of that regen is tied to having to move.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info