[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
oestergreen wrote:
"
AlextazY wrote:
I'm currently broke af.. And cannot afford shavs. Was thinking to go CI since I'm almost 85 hybrid with 3.4k life and 1.4k ES. Could someone show me a tree for CI build please?

Hey m8, CI is really the same identical tree, since they both invest heavily in ES. The only real difference is you would take the 2 points from Pain Attunment and Arcane vision and place them in 1 pathing and chaos innoculation at the top part of your skill tree. It's only those 2 points that really matter, rest of the build works the same for CI.

For optimization you could avoid the melding (life+es) talents and instead pickup raw ES 6% nodes.

Thanks for the clarification.
everything except tinkerskin is selffound.
My current gear - ~5k hp, 1.5k ES. Currently on my way to 6-link Shav to respec to pure ES.
Spoiler

Within 4-5 link feeling myself confident on 8-9 tier maps.
Got 2 stacks of CWDT to avoid oneshots from metamorphs. Helps a lot.
Last edited by masrood on Dec 18, 2019, 7:11:40 AM
Build is coming along nicely. Have been able to switch comfortably to LL, and have been steadily upgrading pieces here and there.

Clear is amazing & bosses die pretty fast, and that's still on a 5L. There's still things to improve like gem levels/quality, 6L, better weapon, better ES gear, -9% res on helm, 3 target enchant, fitting in a wrath aura but overall the build feels great!

Spoiler

Last edited by Satarial on Dec 18, 2019, 7:16:52 AM
can someone tell me, what are stats priority for this build? i cant find it anywhere.
"
BopMajster wrote:
can someone tell me, what are stats priority for this build? i cant find it anywhere.

If you're talking about jewels, this is what I focused on, in no particular order:
- getting enough str & dex for your gems
- max % es
- % damage, spell damage, lightning damage
- pad resistances

If you're using a stygian vise try to get a jewel with some cold dmg to spells & flat es.

For your gear, get as much ES possible on shield, helm, boots & gloves
Last edited by Satarial on Dec 18, 2019, 7:33:14 AM
"
BopMajster wrote:

Oh, sry, misunderstood.
Last edited by masrood on Dec 18, 2019, 7:30:42 AM
"
aqrunnr wrote:
Hey OP!

After playing this to 84, rerolling on an Ice Shot bow build, I definitely would not recommend this as a starter this league, only because of costs. It was very strong until red maps, at which point you will die. A lot. Definitely, definitely requires a full ES transition with a 6L Shavs (2ex base currently) before I assume it feels okay.

Will keep going but for now, though the ST is pretty good (500% Meta? Easy.) the clear is slow and the surv is abysmal.

Don't think we play same build my man. I would strongly suggest to be on hp version before you can afford getting shavs especially if you go for higher tier maps. I did that and currently I am having fun with this build. Strange that noone still has +3 proj hubris for sale but I can i wait for a bit if I wanna go for awakener boss. I kill elder in 7min with this guy and my gear is nothing special.
ign:MonsterManJ
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
aqrunnr wrote:
Hey OP!

After playing this to 84, rerolling on an Ice Shot bow build, I definitely would not recommend this as a starter this league, only because of costs. It was very strong until red maps, at which point you will die. A lot. Definitely, definitely requires a full ES transition with a 6L Shavs (2ex base currently) before I assume it feels okay.

Will keep going but for now, though the ST is pretty good (500% Meta? Easy.) the clear is slow and the surv is abysmal.

I've started it every league since making it in 3.5 and cleared the atlas each time.
I would argue you haven't tried the build properly. You heavily invested into ES in your skill-tree, yet you are still running a life build, so you can't really wonder about the survival trouble you are facing with 2700 life vs chaos damage on maps. Either transition from life to ES (pick life nodes), or go full ES on your gear with CI in skilltree until you can afford a shavs.

Hybrid is okay for leveling up, but surely not at lvl 85-90 if you're mapping relevant tiers. You defo do not require anything more than a 4L, I literally just last night replaced my 4L tinker-skin with a 5L shavs, costing me 130c I had accumulated leveling.

As for the damage, it's really really strong. Feel free to POB my character, I see you have just about 75k in a 6L and I'm at 140k in a 5L so far. With full gear and at lvl 95, I should reach 450k+ per trap hit. (Let me quote Brasolis, he wrote it very nicely)

Brasolis wrote:
"

It's already configured correctly for the setup used.

It does around 280k per hit with lightning trap, you throw three traps at once which each have 8 projectiles. So 24 projectiles per throw = 6.7 million damage per throw (obviously not every ball will hit your target).

Say 2 balls from each trap will hit a target (normal-sized enemy), that's 1.7 million damage per throw and you can throw almost twice per second so you get around 3 million damage per second with JUST the lightning trap. Include lightning spire traps and you are easily hitting over 4 million single target DPS while also exploding the entire screen. Now if you are fighting a massive boss like Brine King you will hit far more projectiles per throw.

AKA Lots of damage, lots of survivability, lots of clear.

Yes price of shavs went up this league from a 5L costing me 40c last league to 120-160c this one, those things are unpredictable, but I wouldn't say you've tried the build until you've been low-life and your investment into all that ES on your tree pays off. You got just 2700 life, that's not much when mapping and running into chaos damage here & there.

Thanks for the tips! I have a Shavs but running it as a 5L felt awful as well. For now, I'll try rebuildjng into pure es and ci while 6l my Shavs. Definitely, definitely feels squishy as is. That transition is a bitch.
"
aqrunnr wrote:

Thanks for the tips! I have a Shavs but running it as a 5L felt awful as well. For now, I'll try rebuildjng into pure es and ci while 6l my Shavs. Definitely, definitely feels squishy as is. That transition is a bitch.

Let me check your POB again, I can't see why your damage would be shit on a 5L shavs with pain attunement :) I'm running a 5L shavs myself and have had no problems at all - the damage of this build is one of the main reasons of it hehe

[edit]
Well right off the bat, something is definitely wrong, since we are both using a 5L shavs, and yet my damage is 3 times higher than yours per average trap hit (im 148k, yours is 45k)

[edit2]
With your 5L shavs, you need to reserve your life with Zealotry and lvl 1-5 clarity. You're also not specced into pain attunement and zealot's oath?

I guess you've been messing around maybe, but I think you should take a look at my character since you should easily achieve same damage as me, we have the same level and same gear if you invest into ES pieces, check my gem setup and try it out along with my skill-tree and your 5L shavs.. you'll triple your damage. I'm 7.1k ES and everything blows up on the screen, including bosses on any of the tiers I been at so far (mostly yellows/whites but having played this build each league since 3.5, i'm very confident red maps is just as easy)

Just go for my current live skill-tree, since we're both lvl 84-85.
Drop the nodes at insightfulness and the blood siphon and invest them into arcane potency and pain attunement/arcane vision.

Last edited by oestergreen on Dec 18, 2019, 11:13:24 AM
Hello

I am 79 and I die all the time, and metamorphs are far from being one-shot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info