[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Alcsaar wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to decide on a Vortex build for 3.10. Right now I'm on a fence between this one and Ghazzy's.

I prefer Ghazzy's tree at a glance, it boasts 270% increased ES compared to this trees 207%.

I'm not sure that I'm behind you on pathing over to templar being worth it.

Does anyone have any comments regarding this and why this passive tree pathing to templar might be superior?

(Edit: I realize now that the PoB defaulted to the LL build for some reason, I see on the CI build you don't go to templar)

Regardless, I will certainly be used parts of your guide because its very well written, I just may tweak the passive tree a bit. Especially the live-search suggestions, not enough build creators provide useful things like that!

PS: Guide Suggestion -> Consider renaming the ToC to just say "Path of Building (PoB). It took me a minute to find it in the table of contents because I was using the CTRL F search function to look for PoB/Path of Building. Minor suggestion.

Thanks!

Great suggestion - thanks! Also, I'm working on a big tree update. There's so much flexibility that over the last 1-2 leagues the most widely used trees have had huge variance. Updates soon!
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Mar 12, 2020, 1:12:57 PM
"
ShakCentral wrote:

Great suggestion - thanks! Also, I'm working on a big tree update. There's so much flexibility that over the last 1-2 leagues the most widely used trees have had huge variance. Updates soon!

BTW how does this build curse consistently to make use of profane bloom? The only curse set up I see in the POB is a COTD enfeeble. You wrote about potentially using awakened curse on hit but its not included in the pob (not that its a great choice for league start anyway)
"
Alcsaar wrote:
"
ShakCentral wrote:

BTW how does this build curse consistently to make use of profane bloom? The only curse set up I see in the POB is a COTD enfeeble. You wrote about potentially using awakened curse on hit but its not included in the pob (not that its a great choice for league start anyway)

The low-life version, which is what most builds will transition into, uses Blasphemy with Temp Chains and another curse.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
Forii wrote:
"
ShakCentral wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm currently waiting on patch notes, at which point I'll update the guide with any relevant information.

A few other quick things -

1. I wanted to be sure that leveling as Vortex is viable, so I did a quick run to test. I took a lot of damage nodes because I'm very comfortable with dodging mobs, and it actually went very well. I swapped to Vortex when I found a 4L in Act 4 and was able to do all trials and skill points and kill Kitava in 4 hours and 14 minutes. Vortex leveling is very viable.

2. I think Vortex will still be a good build for 3.10, but this isn't necessarily a great mechanic for Vortex. Vortex shines as probably the best overall build for all content, from mapping to bossing to delve. That being said, it has obvious weaknesses, and Delirium will show off a few of them, namely speed. Without seeing any actual league gameplay, I would rate Vortex as still a fantastic choice, just not quite as S-Tier as in Metamorph.

Hi would you be updating the leveling thread to accommodate vortex leveling?

Not OP, but I've done a couple practice runs like this:
Act 1)
1-BGG-stormblast mine for single target (can link swift assembly in A1 and add trap and mine in A2)
2-BBB-flame dash, orb of storms, arcane surge
3-BB/G-frost bomb, added lightning, onslaught (mule necessary)
Act 2)
BBB-Replace frost bomb with cold snap,controlled destruction, ele focus
Start running skitterbots and herald of lightning.
The rest is same
Act 3)
BBB-Vortex, controlled destruction, ele focus.
After that point, keep an eye out for BBBG links for cold snap and vortex, each could add hypothermia. Keep OOS to proc ele overload. Stormblast mine becomes optional. Drop auras for any combo blasphemy enfeeble/temp chains, malevolence, flesh and stone, whatever you prefer.
Can we expect lots of changes to the PoB (Passive Tree) for this Vortex Build? Is it safe to start with the 3.9 version?
Last edited by dragothica on Mar 13, 2020, 3:00:15 PM
Noob question but why are so many intelligence nodes taken on the tree? The first couple of nodes of the witch starting area are 3%/6% energy shield nodes and instead the +10 intelligence nodes are taken.

Edit: Looks like 3.10 added those changes to those nodes at the starting witch area and now have 3% energy shield added. Since dont know why so many intelligence nodes are taken in general though.
Last edited by MadSalt on Mar 13, 2020, 6:31:41 PM
Does elemental focus not prevent us from freezing/chilling or am i missing something there?
"
Dessel4 wrote:
Does elemental focus not prevent us from freezing/chilling or am i missing something there?

Ele focus prevents the hit from chilling/freezing but does not prevent the ground effect
Hey, would you post any updates to the PoB? Or to much stuff to do for work? :( Anyway nice guide :D. Stay safe exile!
Bro I didnt understand skill setups. Do I use vortex in endgame CL gear or not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info