[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

any opinion on cluster jewels?

Some seem somewhat usefull. If you go with thread of hope you prob. would have enough passive points to incooparate them. (endgame LL build)
Last edited by moorli on Mar 11, 2020, 1:02:33 PM
sorry, I must have missed it, but where is the gear and item section of this guide?
"
buttcommander wrote:
sorry, I must have missed it, but where is the gear and item section of this guide?

It's in section 3B :) I had to move it to the first comment, as I was hitting the forum post character limit
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Hello! Do you think any of the curse will be good for this build? The two in particular i noticed was Master of Fear and Wish for Death. Master of Fear gives you free unnerve, and wish for death gives you culling strike against cursed enemies. The culling strike is hits, and i think that with the trigger wand you should be hitting enough for it to be noticeable.

However, I don't how how passive starved this build is, so it could be a stretch to fit in one or two cluster jewel.
Last edited by imwolf21 on Mar 11, 2020, 5:34:27 PM
cant wait to use this as my starter to end <3 thanks for the act 1 to 10 race guide :>
Last edited by krisyan07 on Mar 11, 2020, 11:04:58 PM
"
ShakCentral wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm currently waiting on patch notes, at which point I'll update the guide with any relevant information.

A few other quick things -

1. I wanted to be sure that leveling as Vortex is viable, so I did a quick run to test. I took a lot of damage nodes because I'm very comfortable with dodging mobs, and it actually went very well. I swapped to Vortex when I found a 4L in Act 4 and was able to do all trials and skill points and kill Kitava in 4 hours and 14 minutes. Vortex leveling is very viable.

2. I think Vortex will still be a good build for 3.10, but this isn't necessarily a great mechanic for Vortex. Vortex shines as probably the best overall build for all content, from mapping to bossing to delve. That being said, it has obvious weaknesses, and Delirium will show off a few of them, namely speed. Without seeing any actual league gameplay, I would rate Vortex as still a fantastic choice, just not quite as S-Tier as in Metamorph.

Hi would you be updating the leveling thread to accommodate vortex leveling?
Hi,
The timeless jewel is important in the build.
But this jewel is allocated in an outter jewel socket and that's a problem.
In 3.10 how will you manage the new jewels, i think every single build will need an outter jewel socket.
Is there a pob link? I didnt see any.
Update: Hello to all of the new Vortex players! A couple of quick things for all of you as you prep for league start:

1. Vortex is going to be fantastic. It's instant speed, has great defenses, and is incredibly adaptable along the line between survivability and damage.

2. Please use the Table of Contents. I am currently flooded by private messages and thread comments that ask where to find things that are clearly spelled out in the comments. Answering those questions takes time away from guide updates.

3. I am working as much as possible to update the guide. COVID19 has potentially hit my county (some people are being tested today) and is confirmed in counties near me, and as a result I am working a lot of intense hours as a network admin to prepare my company for work-at-home conditions. I will announce as updates are made.

Thanks you all for understanding, and have a great league launch!
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Mar 12, 2020, 11:51:18 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to decide on a Vortex build for 3.10. Right now I'm on a fence between this one and Ghazzy's.

I prefer Ghazzy's tree at a glance, it boasts 270% increased ES compared to this trees 207%.

I'm not sure that I'm behind you on pathing over to templar being worth it.

Does anyone have any comments regarding this and why this passive tree pathing to templar might be superior?

(Edit: I realize now that the PoB defaulted to the LL build for some reason, I see on the CI build you don't go to templar)

Regardless, I will certainly be used parts of your guide because its very well written, I just may tweak the passive tree a bit. Especially the live-search suggestions, not enough build creators provide useful things like that!

PS: Guide Suggestion -> Consider renaming the ToC to just say "Path of Building (PoB). It took me a minute to find it in the table of contents because I was using the CTRL F search function to look for PoB/Path of Building. Minor suggestion.

Thanks!
Last edited by Alcsaar on Mar 12, 2020, 12:27:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info