[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

does +area dmg boost the vortex DOT or just the initial vortex hit?
"
MadSalt wrote:
Noob question but why are so many intelligence nodes taken on the tree? The first couple of nodes of the witch starting area are 3%/6% energy shield nodes and instead the +10 intelligence nodes are taken.

Edit: Looks like 3.10 added those changes to those nodes at the starting witch area and now have 3% energy shield added. Since dont know why so many intelligence nodes are taken in general though.

Int gives us ES, which is largely beneficial to both CI and LL builds as 5% ES is a lot when you're upwards of 7k ES, and taking 3 int nodes instead of 6 bad-mediocre ES nodes allows us to have more points for better nodes later.

TO everyone in the thread: This build is working fine for me *so far*. I am using the 3.9 CI PoB right now, 7.5k ES and about 150k Vortex DPS with 70k Cold Snap. Things die very fast except beefy bosses (because of mods) and when I am 4-5 stacks into Delirium. As far as I can tell Vortex isn't the be all end all for single target anyway so I think this is expected, and I don't even have a great wand or shield or jewelry or 6L, etc.

Only thing I'd keep an eye out for is DoT Cluster Jewels. Those might buff DPS by a lot so play around with them.

Leveling as Vortex was easy, a little bit slow for acts 4-5 but got quicker and quicker as my gems got higher. Transitioning to maps has been easy. Still only white maps but over this next week I should get to high yellows/low reds, and we'll see how it's doing then.
Last edited by Arceoxys on Mar 16, 2020, 10:16:03 AM
"
1UPedU wrote:
does +area dmg boost the vortex DOT or just the initial vortex hit?

it boosts both
"
Bro I didnt understand skill setups. Do I use vortex in endgame CL gear or not?

At this point, use Vortex as soon as you can buy it. I leveled with Storm Brand to Act 3 and when I got Vortex I used that in a 4L with OOS in a 4L as well.

Vortex is used in both CI and LL end-game builds.
"
Arceoxys wrote:
"

At this point, use Vortex as soon as you can buy it. I leveled with Storm Brand to Act 3 and when I got Vortex I used that in a 4L with OOS in a 4L as well.

Alright thanks. Though I couldn't get "Trigger a socketed spell whenever you use a skill". That would be a big problem right?
"
"
Arceoxys wrote:
"

Alright thanks. Though I couldn't get "Trigger a socketed spell whenever you use a skill". That would be a big problem right?

Getting that mod is a huge DPS boost because of keeping permanent EE up, however, you need to unlock it via Jun's veiled weapons. Might take awhile to get it. Could also see if someone has it unlocked and is willing to enchant it on a wand for a fee for you

I wouldn't consider it a big problem until higher tier maps.
Im a little late to the party, because couldnt start on weekend.

Right now lvl 80 at tier 5 maps. Still doing fine with 5L as hybrid. Prob. switchting soon to CI, but kinda not rly necessary now.

Dps is fine (still hybrid) with no really gear improvement (3k life, 5k es). Just playing with stuff that just fell into my lap ( except crafted wand). So build is really solid, even you dont find anything usefull. (actually i found an amazing shield)

Getting one shot by delirium explosions is the norm, so nothing build related.

Dot Multiplier Cluster jewels seem to be legit, as soon i get gear done for CI i will look out for them. Switching to LL wont happen to soon i guess. (unveiling mod + maybe pale court, and expensive gear all around atm, rather invest in good CI gear now)
Last edited by moorli on Mar 16, 2020, 12:45:49 PM
Is DoT multiplier better than straight increases spell/elemental/etc increased damage?

I’m still getting used to figuring out increased vs more etc
"
Aziridine wrote:
Is DoT multiplier better than straight increases spell/elemental/etc increased damage?

I’m still getting used to figuring out increased vs more etc

DoT multiplier will be your largest damage increase by a lot. Spell damage, increased damage over time, etc will still be beneficial, but multiplier is always better.

I don't know the math very well myself, but you can see it in PoB, where a 10% dot multi node increased DPS by say 50k but a 15% increased damage over time increases it by 22k (arbitrary numbers to make the point)
im just buying some +5 cold multiplier clusters and try figure later which one to use

You prob want exposure therapy, vile reinvigaration as noteables and + energy shield + dex/str as affix. in a 6 cluster jewel

This should prob be worth it to invest in to the 2 useless mana nodes you have to take to get to the jewel node. Then you socket timeless jewel in the Cluster to activate glancing blows later.

edit: i just noticed you have to take mana nodes anyway if you want glancing blows in LL, so in LL this should be nobrainer cluster jewel. I think there is no other spot on first glance you can put it w/o overriding a passive you need
Last edited by moorli on Mar 16, 2020, 7:10:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info