[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

@Warderz

This depends on what content you're doing. For red maps, you need 10k+ ES. Achieving 12k ES is desirable.

Also, remember that flasks play a huge part in a character's survivability. This can't be overstated. Your 5 flasks should be giving you buffs 99% of the time when running maps.

For bosses, you don't really want to be taking hits, no matter how much ES you have. Drop Vortex and dodge stuff.
I do know bosses tend to hit like bricks, and those aren't the issue when I can dodge and anticipate.
Not having 20+ minions or soulrendgraphics filling the screen makes this alot easier.

Actually it is in maps I find the deaths annoying, normal trashpacks that suddenly decide to stomp me to the ground (no special or hard mods on maps ether).
Off course there have been some mapbosses that decide to 1shot me when I enter the screen. And I was running T10-14's with my setup, and some T16's to test abit.
@Wardez

i strongly recommend you use temporal chains.

I went straight from Kitava to t10 maps with low budget twink gear at lvl 65(no CI/LL) and had no problem.

temporal chain slows mobs so hard, you can easily outblock everything. just dont stand wihin. You can just kite around when you notice they hit to hard. At lower maps you can just flame dash in and run. Since you never have to stop running because Vortex is instant cursed mobs really have a super hard time hitting you.

Against bosses just run/dash in circle and drop Vortex, you shouldnt get hit by anything when you dont get greedy.

Glancing blow also helps a lot to mitigate damage.

Immortal call is useless imho (at least for me ). Clarity also unless you have a prismatic jewell affecting it. I think just by swapping in temporal for clarity you survivebility goes up by 100%
Last edited by moorli on Mar 10, 2020, 12:32:53 PM
@shark

as i understand the Delirium concept, Vortex is actually pretty good, since you can also focus on taking out rare mobs/bosses and its not like vortex is a bad map clearer. Also loot is collected later so you can just leave mobs behind and let vortex finish while you move on.
Last edited by moorli on Mar 10, 2020, 12:15:26 PM
"
moorli wrote:
@shark

as i understand the Delirium concept, Vortex is actually pretty good, since you can also focus on taking out rare mobs/bosses and its not like vortex is a bad map clearer. Also loot is collected later so you can just leave mobs behind and let vortex finish while you move on.

Agreed, and as you go more and more into the fog the mob hp's gonna rise quickly so dps that vortex provides is probably more desirable than the clear speed of some other league starters.
"
Mr_Pumpkin5 wrote:
"
moorli wrote:
@shark

Agreed, and as you go more and more into the fog the mob hp's gonna rise quickly so dps that vortex provides is probably more desirable than the clear speed of some other league starters.

I was just checking in to post that I was starting to agree that Vortex might be better than I thought! Great minds :)

Vortex might be excellent in this league as usual. I'll be deciding on my build tonight and Vortex is on the short list yet again
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
loved vortex in metamorph, running tier 19 maps (t16 + 3 +1 area watchstones) was a breeze.

Will be doing the same in delirium.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
"
ShakCentral wrote:
I'll be deciding on my build tonight and Vortex is on the short list yet again

Hi ShakCentral, in case you choose another starter - don't leave this topic, ty:)
No sad feelings
Is this pob going to be updated for league start?
I'm planning to HOPEFULLY update the main guide page for 3.10, but unfortunately some of our fiber connections at work have gone dark and I'm spending an ungodly amount of time doing actual work activities. Will update as I have time.

Early patch notes impressions - Vortex is largely still phenomenal. There were essentially two nerfs and two buffs:

Nerf 1: Shaper belt Energy Shield mods. Obviously, this takes away one good mod for belt crafters. Boo

Nerf 2: Self-crafting is more difficult now with changes to the fossil system. Note that this doesn't affect our actual build effectiveness, just the difficulty in getting our gear.

Buff 1: Increased ES from body armor mod is moved to prefix! This is great news, and makes it significantly easier to meet attribute or resist requirements, as an entire mod is now open for belts. This is much more impactful than you might think.

Buff 2: Shaper helmets can now roll "Nearby enemies take increased __ damage." This is a sick buff in conjnction with the lower resists mod. Get all up in the bosses face, y'all.

Hopefully I'll have more later. Vortex is still on my list as I narrow donw my options. Hopefully I don't have to spent anymore time running cables on a lift and I can really plan out my league start today.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info