[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
hadc wrote:
"
EssDr wrote:
My second character in this game. This is unplayable build for me. Got oneshotted every time on tier 2-5 maps by pack of white mobs archers. Essence drain was much better build but now it is dead with changes this league, I cleared t16 and facetanked everything with 3-link body armor and 1 ex weapon while didn't even know what is jewels and other advanced mechanics. Killed Atziri and even Elder or Shaper dont remember who it was.
Now invested more than ex and just dont understand how to survive on white tier maps.

Hi, sorry you had a bad experience. Do share your character screen so others can help, most of us are more than willing to do so.

Survivability is actually quite good now due to armor changes, I’m doing Endless Delve and already at lvl 89 with about 18-20 hours game time, at monster level 82 so equivalent to T15. This event is SSF so I’m CI now with 6.8k ES, lousy DPS until I have more fossils to craft 😬

Hi i opened my characters. Now i have about 3000 es and almost all life reserved by auras.
"
Vennto wrote:
It´s probably a troll-post. People that only have their second respective char online ask for help, not judge build-guides based on a bad experience. Especially in PoE chances are very high that unless you are very experienced the mistake is always in the players hands, not the build. And that´s even more true for a well-received build-guide like this one. I personally don´t feel like helping people that flame right away instead of looking for profound and constructive feedback.

Speaking of the latter: I went ahead and played the SSF Delve with this, level 85, not even trying hard on 2 4-links. Delving at Monster-level 77 round about so I could have even gone up to 90 probably. So I dont know what people have to do to get oneshot by map 1-5 stuff.

The issue here is that the guide is confusing. One thing in the OP, another in the POBs, different versions (vortex+cs vs wintertide brand) etc. I had issues with oneshots in white maps too as this is the first time I play this build and didn't realize I should switch to CI asap or at least get some armour or something. As great as the build is, the guide can be quite confusing even to non-new players.
"
EssDr wrote:
Hi i opened my characters. Now i have about 3000 es and almost all life reserved by auras.

First of all, get Determination aura. Also, if you can fit them - Defiance Banner and Tempest Shield. You can in fact drop something like Zealotry for the time being, I ran without Zealotry and even without Malevolence for quite some time. Then maybe get at least one medium jewel with Brush with Death + Vile Reinvigoration - this will give you instant 1% energy shield recovery on kill, so every mob you kill will recover 30 shield in your case; or as an alternative you can path to Soul Thief (2% energy shield recovery on kill).

Also drop the life flasks - you don't need them. Get a quartz one for phasing, a basalt one for more armour. Get a Rumi's Concoction instead of your normal granite flask.

And ofc, you need to increase your ES, 3k is rather low.

As for life, yes, almost all of it should be reserved - that's how the low life version of the build works.

Oh yes, and get Discipline and Clarity auras too.
Last edited by PraetorMaximus on Dec 6, 2021, 8:20:22 AM
"
"
EssDr wrote:

First of all, get Determination aura. Also, if you can fit them - Defiance Banner and Tempest Shield. You can in fact drop something like Zealotry for the time being, I ran without Zealotry and even without Malevolence for quite some time. Then maybe get at least one medium jewel with Brush with Death + Vile Reinvigoration - this will give you instant 1% energy shield recovery on kill, so every mob you kill will recover 30 shield in your case; or as an alternative you can path to Soul Thief (2% energy shield recovery on kill).

Also drop the life flasks - you don't need them. Get a quartz one for phasing, a basalt one for more armour. Get a Rumi's Concoction instead of your normal granite flask.

And ofc, you need to increase your ES, 3k is rather low.

As for life, yes, almost all of it should be reserved - that's how the low life version of the build works.

Oh yes, and get Discipline and Clarity auras too.

Thanks a lot for help i will try to fix my issues.
Just rolled this with about 10-15 Frigid fossils in Endless Delve. Craft of exile says it takes 8008 tries in average to hit T1 Cold DOT & +1 Cold Spell together, I guess I got lucky :)

Hi all, I've just uploaded a short showcase video for Endless Delve (with POB in description). It's a special league that is SSF and you can only delve so the only crafting method available is your currency and fossils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_hbe_vE1c

Take a look if you haven't try it and wonder how well it does in Endless Delve, cheers!
Hi all,

I'm a relatively unexperienced player when it comes to complex builds, crafting, endgame stuff.

I haven't played for a year or so, but now I'm back and decided to turn my existing Level 85 Occultist witch into this Cold DOT build. I have purchased many of the endgame LL (Low life) gear and allocated the level 85 LL tree from the PoB.

Could someone please take a look at my character and help me understand why I die so easily? I can be killed easily in Monster Level 56 areas. I certainly must be missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Character is "PailOWitch"
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/koodiifin/characters

Thank you!
"
koodiifin wrote:
Hi all,

I'm a relatively unexperienced player when it comes to complex builds, crafting, endgame stuff.

I haven't played for a year or so, but now I'm back and decided to turn my existing Level 85 Occultist witch into this Cold DOT build. I have purchased many of the endgame LL (Low life) gear and allocated the level 85 LL tree from the PoB.

Could someone please take a look at my character and help me understand why I die so easily? I can be killed easily in Monster Level 56 areas. I certainly must be missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I don´t see any endgame gere here, you have the bare minimum to even start playing low life. And really bad rares on that. Low-Life means that you are reserving more auras, yet you did not invest ANYTHING into defenses and wonder why you die?

- gloves with 102 ES instead of something like 180+
- boots with 82 ES, even worse
- belt with max life and 10 ES - same problem, why you stack life?
- Triple Damage Curse setup, but no Discipline so no ES and bad ES-regen
- only 38 ES combined on both rings - also extremely bad
- belt-base also terrible
- barely any additional ES- or defensive nodes on the tree, right away into the cluster jewel
- level 85 is also pretty low
- 2 helmet choices - you went for the more dps-orientated variant of course
- opened your char profile - you are using 4x life flask.... Where are your utility flasks?!

So yeah... You can´t survive if you blatantly ignore literally every defensive layer in the game. The only thing u are using is determination. That won´t cut it. And to come back to the "endgame gear" - yes, the uniques. But starting with the wand over every other item you are using, none of them survive even day one of a league-start. I dont know why u purchased those.

My suggestion? Set up a filter for ES-bases, stop the low-life nonsense, get yourself a proper gear-set with high ES so you are reaching 8.5k ES, spec out of the pure-dmg chananigans and throw out at least one of your dmg-auras for at least level 20 vaal discipline. Go Chaos inoculation.

This will probably reduce your dmg by half but you will start to be able to actually play the character.
Last edited by Vennto on Dec 8, 2021, 3:49:23 PM
"
koodiifin wrote:
I haven't played for a year or so, but now I'm back and decided to turn my existing Level 85 Occultist witch into this Cold DOT build.

Hey, your gear is certainly NOT what is necessary to run a low life version of any build. Half of your gear is pretty much complete junk - both rings, belt, gloves, boots. There is no ES on it, but huge amounts of life instead - why? Can't imagine this is what's recommended in the pob.
"
koodiifin wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you!

Hi, it's possible to be VERY tanky with Low Life version but I'm playing the original Vortex + Cold Snap version. As what Vennto and PraetorMaximus shared, you need to bring the ES number way up and invest in Armour if you're interested in surviving.

I also took another step further and made a max block version (for fun) and have a video showcase in the link below. It tanks everything including A9 Sirus (anything he can throw at me). Have a look!

https://youtu.be/BwJzOPaTB_g
Last edited by hadc on Dec 8, 2021, 6:00:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info