[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
beeftrumpet wrote:
Hey, I started playing this game using this build a couple of months ago and have finally did enough things to open up the sirus fight and have a feeling I may be lacking in damage to kill him so I am hoping one of you can check out my character and see if there are any easy/cheap upgrades I can get to make my chances of success higher.

I only have 1 exalt and around 130 chaos orbs so I dont want to waste them on side grades that wont really improve much

I cant figure out how to link my items in this post so check my profile please

Thanks

Hey. Not sure if damage is your issue here, you've got some gear that gives you nothing besides str and dex - belt and elder ring. But if damage is what you want, one obvious choice is to drop purity of elements for zealotry.
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
Hey, I started playing this game using this build a couple of months ago and have finally did enough things to open up the sirus fight and have a feeling I may be lacking in damage to kill him so I am hoping one of you can check out my character and see if there are any easy/cheap upgrades I can get to make my chances of success higher.

I only have 1 exalt and around 130 chaos orbs so I dont want to waste them on side grades that wont really improve much

Thanks

Damage shouldn't be a big issue here. PoB puts your Vortex DPS at 740k without Punishment, but if you want to boost it, get Vortex 21/20. Either buy one, or level up 6 gems in you alt weapon slots and corrupt them yourself. You also lack quality on most of your gems. Quality usually does more for utility than for straight up damage, depending on the gem, but there's little reason not to have it there.
Craft Aspect of Spider on something. Buy the beast, it's very cheap, like 10-20c, and all you need is an open suffix on one of your rares.
However you have only 5.5k ES, which may be the cause of your problems. Try looking for a decent Crystal Belt with ES and whatever else you need from it (resists, stats). Remember that with an open suffix slot you can craft either of those. I would also respec from wintertide to cold snap. It frees a ton of points which you can reallocate into defensive nodes and masteries, getting more ES and armour.

I've made a quick pass at your build and with the aforementioned changes got it to 900k damage, 7.2k ES, 11k armour unflasked and a free jewel socket which I was too lazy to fill.
Here's PoB for it. https://pastebin.com/ZsDZYJWf
"
the only thing that stumped me was Simulacrum. I tried it a few times and couldn't get past wave 28 or so.

I feel like Profane Bloom + two curse rings or blasphemy support is the way to go in Simulacrum. And generally actually. Much smoother gameplay than Bane, no additional clicking, no need to worry about hexproof enemies etc. And you can add more reliable ES regen that's not dependent on killing stuff as is the case with Vile Bastion. I personally added a Megalomaniac with regen passives. Have to use Chayula amulet though I guess.
"
"
the only thing that stumped me was Simulacrum. I tried it a few times and couldn't get past wave 28 or so.

I feel like Profane Bloom + two curse rings or blasphemy support is the way to go in Simulacrum. And generally actually. Much smoother gameplay than Bane, no additional clicking, no need to worry about hexproof enemies etc. And you can add more reliable ES regen that's not dependent on killing stuff as is the case with Vile Bastion. I personally added a Megalomaniac with regen passives. Have to use Chayula amulet though I guess.

I went Vile Bastion and Profane Bloom, Forgoing Malediction-

In addition I went full apeshit on armor and divine shield, used molten shell manually, and linked cwdt to void sphere lv 20. It was very effective.

Note that simulacrum mods make a TON of difference.
"
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

Thanks

Hey. Not sure if damage is your issue here, you've got some gear that gives you nothing besides str and dex - belt and elder ring. But if damage is what you want, one obvious choice is to drop purity of elements for zealotry.

Yeah I have been on the lookout for items to swap with them that will give more ES, but I still need them to have high enough strength and dexterity for some of my gem requirements
"
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

Thanks

Damage shouldn't be a big issue here. PoB puts your Vortex DPS at 740k without Punishment, but if you want to boost it, get Vortex 21/20. Either buy one, or level up 6 gems in you alt weapon slots and corrupt them yourself. You also lack quality on most of your gems. Quality usually does more for utility than for straight up damage, depending on the gem, but there's little reason not to have it there.
Craft Aspect of Spider on something. Buy the beast, it's very cheap, like 10-20c, and all you need is an open suffix on one of your rares.
However you have only 5.5k ES, which may be the cause of your problems. Try looking for a decent Crystal Belt with ES and whatever else you need from it (resists, stats). Remember that with an open suffix slot you can craft either of those. I would also respec from wintertide to cold snap. It frees a ton of points which you can reallocate into defensive nodes and masteries, getting more ES and armour.

I've made a quick pass at your build and with the aforementioned changes got it to 900k damage, 7.2k ES, 11k armour unflasked and a free jewel socket which I was too lazy to fill.
Here's PoB for it. https://pastebin.com/ZsDZYJWf

Awesome thank you.
Ill try and get the gem quality higher and a 21 vortex as well plus a crystal belt like the one in the pob you linked as if I can get my ES up to 7.2k that would be rather helpful
I did try the build with cold snap for endless delve and got on ok with it so the switch should be easy enough
"
Roselan wrote:

I went Vile Bastion and Profane Bloom, Forgoing Malediction-

In addition I went full apeshit on armor and divine shield, used molten shell manually, and linked cwdt to void sphere lv 20. It was very effective.

Note that simulacrum mods make a TON of difference.

Oh yeah, viable for sure, but have to spec 3-4 points to get Whispers of Doom for a second curse. If you can't get stun immunity from elsewhere, then yeah it's definitely an alternative.

Molten shell is a must indeed.
Which gem link guide is newer? https://pastebin.com/payiC4fL or the first post? for instance, the one in the first post has inspiration as support for vortex
Anyone else did Zizaran Krangled Class Gauntlet or planning to do it? I did it for a few days with the target to getting to level 50 and I finally got to level 70 with my 9th attempt with a tanky build. Here’s a short video with a few tips for those who wants to try and POB in description. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/XOOiQW7Xwys
"
ericlala wrote:
Which gem link guide is newer? https://pastebin.com/payiC4fL or the first post? for instance, the one in the first post has inspiration as support for vortex

Probably the one in the pob. As for vortex in particular - both are viable, but the 3B-2G-1R setup should be better as you can switch inspiration for empower at some point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info