[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Beginner player here

Sorry if I missed it, but looking at the POB passive tree, from "Act 10 + 3rd lab" to "Lvl 75 CI" there is a major change in the passive tree. What am I supposed to do, use as many orb of regrets as possible?

Does the guide mention this, if so please refer me to it as I must have missed it
"
5ecured wrote:
Beginner player here

Sorry if I missed it, but looking at the POB passive tree, from "Act 10 + 3rd lab" to "Lvl 75 CI" there is a major change in the passive tree. What am I supposed to do, use as many orb of regrets as possible?

Does the guide mention this, if so please refer me to it as I must have missed it

Hi, yes. There is a big difference in the tree for Life vs CI build. So it’s inevitable that you will need to use orb of regrets (I’m guessing around 10-15 minimum). Be sure to have the energy shield gears ready before you switch over to CI otherwise you can be stucked.
Last edited by hadc on Dec 8, 2021, 9:15:07 PM
I want to use your filter to start farm CI gear in Ossuary in SSF but the problem is your filter has A LOT of sound files, I cant find anyone else did that so I can use his sound files.

same issue with other strict filters </3

is there a solution for this? a way to give me ur sound files or a filter with default sounds please?
"
koodiifin wrote:
Hi all,

I'm a relatively unexperienced player when it comes to complex builds, crafting, endgame stuff.

I haven't played for a year or so, but now I'm back and decided to turn my existing Level 85 Occultist witch into this Cold DOT build. I have purchased many of the endgame LL (Low life) gear and allocated the level 85 LL tree from the PoB.

Could someone please take a look at my character and help me understand why I die so easily? I can be killed easily in Monster Level 56 areas. I certainly must be missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Character is "PailOWitch"
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/koodiifin/characters

Thank you!

From what I can see your gem level are so low, escpically discipline gem.
Also you need to put your wintertide setup in your helm to get more damage.
Some of your gear has max life mod which you dont need it in LL build, instead you need Energy Shield mods.
your gloves and boots has too low energy shield, you need better gear
your belt has no energy shield at all, get belt with with energy shield mods like % inc ES, flat max ES .. In General LL or CI builds need high ES pool thats what you lack and thats why you die, plus defensive aura (determination) is also low lvl

I hope my notes will help you to feel better while you play the build
"
xRaiseUp wrote:
I want to use your filter to start farm CI gear in Ossuary in SSF but the problem is your filter has A LOT of sound files, I cant find anyone else did that so I can use his sound files.

is there a solution for this? a way to give me ur sound files or a filter with default sounds please?

Anyone can help me with this please?
"
xRaiseUp wrote:
"
xRaiseUp wrote:

I’ve always only use Neversink filters and those are good enough for me. For CI gears you can use the regular filter to be safe or even semi-strict will work. Just need to look out for the few bases (Hubris circlet, sorcerer boots, sorcerer gloves, Vaal regalia). Crystal belt only drop at lvl80 I think.
"
xRaiseUp wrote:
"
xRaiseUp wrote:

Idk mate. I use Neversink's ones same as hadc. They usually good for every league.
After some doubts and concerns about the build on my part I still managed to take it to 37 challenges, which is I am very happy with.

With ~30ex investment, 9 of which was Empower, I got it to ~8k ES and 3-4 mln DPS. I tried WTB version, but didn't like concessions I had to make to make it work, so I rolled with the original 6L Vortex + 4L Vaal Cold Snap in Rime Gaze with the occasional switch to Creeping Frost for bossing.

Build melts through bosses in no time and I was comfortably doing A9 Sirus, Maven, Uber Elder, etc. I did both Deadly Encounters in style and Feared simultaneously with it and the only thing that stumped me was Simulacrum. I tried it a few times and couldn't get past wave 28 or so.
Still, despite my initial trepidation Cold DoT proved to be very good at majority of endgame content. The only important thing that this build lacks in the current meta is spell suppression, but that's true for every ES-based character out there.

So, thanks ShakCentral and everyone who shared their advice and helpful tips in this thread!
Last edited by DeadOnDeparture on Dec 13, 2021, 11:19:21 AM
Hey, I started playing this game using this build a couple of months ago and have finally did enough things to open up the sirus fight and have a feeling I may be lacking in damage to kill him so I am hoping one of you can check out my character and see if there are any easy/cheap upgrades I can get to make my chances of success higher.

I only have 1 exalt and around 130 chaos orbs so I dont want to waste them on side grades that wont really improve much

I cant figure out how to link my items in this post so check my profile please

Thanks
"
The only important thing that this build lacks in the current meta is spell suppression, but that's true for every ES-based character out there.

In endless delve I opted to go full spell block with tempest shield. You can get up to 75 spell block on tree + tempest shield, but no extra spell block anywhere else and no glancing. With safeguard you recover 50 es per spell block too.

Arcane Sanctuary + Arcane Guarding + Mystic Bulwark + Safeguard + Tempest Shield

That's 14 skill points, 2 travel points and 2 masteries (Caster Mastery for 1% inc spell damage for 16 int and Block Mastery for 3% inc spell damage per 5% spell block). The little "50% inc es from equipped shield" is probably very efficient too with a 200+ ES shield. And 25% mana reservation too.

It's a chunky investment, but at level 640 I could eat screamers waves for breakfast.

Plus in CI with tempest shield you care only about ignite and bleed dots. And with quality on tempest shield, you can shock the enemy.

I don't know how much investment spell suppression requires, but with just 10 points you can already have 56 spell block, which is technically more mitigation than 100% spell suppression chance. It's not as "smooth", but you can easily push spell block to 75%. That's double the mitigation of spell suppression. Plus you can have ES recovery on spell block from the tree, which is totally bonkers.
Last edited by roselan on Dec 14, 2021, 9:02:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info