[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

A small update on my character, finally farm enough (Shav, Pres of chayula and prism guardian) to switch over to LL and it made a world of difference especially in defence. I used to life reservation on skitterbot, determination and hatred on top of what I already have from CI. I was able to clear the whole T10 krangleverse (200% corruption) as long as I make sure I have Vaal CS and Vaal discipline before I pop in. It’s finally feeling great again, can’t wait to slowly Min-max this character again. Made it to lvl98 and lvl97 in the last 2 leagues, let’s see if I can go further this time, thanks Shak!!
"
DorrigoTM wrote:
I'm a relatively new player and using this as my league starter for this league (In previous leagues I've reached maps but stopped before doing anything else).
I'm still progressing through the campaign but will soon be looking to start saving bases for the switch to CI. The guide says to aim for around 5k es when switching over but is there an easy way to calculate what es I will end up with once I respec the passive tree from life to the ci build?

You can use the 3rd party “Path Of Building” (POB community fork) to estimate. But as a rough guide to start CI, you can aim for rime gaze, bated breath, 250ES in shield, 400ES in body, 150ES in glove and boots (with movement speed) and 40ES in rings and amulet. That should give you 5-6k ES.
"
hadc wrote:
A small update on my character, finally farm enough (Shav, Pres of chayula and prism guardian) to switch over to LL and it made a world of difference especially in defence. I used to life reservation on skitterbot, determination and hatred on top of what I already have from CI. I was able to clear the whole T10 krangleverse (200% corruption) as long as I make sure I have Vaal CS and Vaal discipline before I pop in. It’s finally feeling great again, can’t wait to slowly Min-max this character again. Made it to lvl98 and lvl97 in the last 2 leagues, let’s see if I can go further this time, thanks Shak!!

hey, I've noticed that you and other guys have Inspiration linked to Vortex, in place of Elemental focus.
Should we update the main links? is it better?
We have inspiration because mana cost is an issue earlier until we get the mana nodes and some regen in gears. The red slot is also good for end game when we switch to Empower 4. I may switch the Vaal CS to helmet and elemental focus will take its spot in chest when I feel comfortable more comfortable with the clear. However, I think we really need the additional clear from creeping frost in scourge, we’ll see. Have fun!
Hi,

really nice build, having a blast so far :D just reached a8 and about to do first sirus, awakaners were easy but I took quite long so I want to craft the wand from this guide.

Here's my question, is there a reason we use a demon's horn ilvl 2 and not a regular prophecy wand? Or maybe someone could tell me if there's still easy ways to improve my damage without dropping to much sustain? I like the current survivability.

Thanks in advance!
"
ThundraBoy666 wrote:
Hi,

really nice build, having a blast so far :D just reached a8 and about to do first sirus, awakaners were easy but I took quite long so I want to craft the wand from this guide.

Here's my question, is there a reason we use a demon's horn ilvl 2 and not a regular prophecy wand? Or maybe someone could tell me if there's still easy ways to improve my damage without dropping to much sustain? I like the current survivability.

Thanks in advance!

ilvl 2 Demon's Horn has the easiest to get (thanks to obliteration div cards) highest damage wand implicit spell damage at a low ilvl

Items at that ilvl have a very small pool of mods to choose from and by forcing a good explicit mod (high % spell damage via Essence of Woe) the remaining mods will pull from that small pool. One of those mods is +1 level of cold spell skill gems which is a huge damage boost for the build.

Easy damage boosts with minimal/no investment:
Level 20 or 21 skill gems (reason the guide has you level vortex gems in the weapon swap gem sockets)
Gem quality
Anointments from the guide (Divine Judgement is really nice)

I keep spamming cold/caster mods on Harvests on prophecy wands to see if anything interesting happens then throw it into the Krangler.

Higher investment is like the guide says, grab a redeemer boots/crusader|shaper belt and hit it with the right fossils or ES essences.
Last edited by Bladeslaw on Oct 27, 2021, 2:47:44 PM
Trying to follow this build but the PoB is a mess. 'psuedo' gem links everywhere that are supposed to represent placeholders, but then some of them you're actually supposed to use? And then no mention of which ones you need? There are like 8 auras but no real mention of what and when to use what, other than some are placeholders, others you dont use until LL, but then ppl struggling in the replies here and the solution is apparently 'oh actually you're supposed to use the red gems.. some of them... at some point'.

Also it's super frustrating you have to respec completely to go from life to CI, BUT you have to respec AGAIN when you go from lvl 80CI build to lvl 90CI build? Like - what gives? Why not make the lvl 80CI into what the lvl 90CI is supposed to be? Super irritating to respec again within 10 levels when it feels there was no need if the pob was better put together.

The build was great back in 3.13 but it's a mess now trying to follow the rushed pob in scourge league. I'm sure the build may or may not be great but goodluck trying to follow the pob (unless you are experienced enough to know how to make your own adjustments anyway, in which case I assume the pob isnt near as useful to you anyway).
Last edited by Rapturos2 on Oct 27, 2021, 5:47:31 PM
"
Rapturos2 wrote:
Trying to follow this build but the PoB is a mess. 'psuedo' gem links everywhere that are supposed to represent placeholders, but then some of them you're actually supposed to use? And then no mention of which ones you need? There are like 8 auras but no real mention of what and when to use what, other than some are placeholders, others you dont use until LL, but then ppl struggling in the replies here and the solution is apparently 'oh actually you're supposed to use the red gems.. some of them... at some point'.

Also it's super frustrating you have to respec completely to go from life to CI, BUT you have to respec AGAIN when you go from lvl 80CI build to lvl 90CI build? Like - what gives? Why not make the lvl 80CI into what the lvl 90CI is supposed to be? Super irritating to respec again within 10 levels when it feels there was no need if the pob was better put together.

The build was great back in 3.13 but it's a mess now trying to follow the rushed pob in scourge league. I'm sure the build may or may not be great but goodluck trying to follow the pob (unless you are experienced enough to know how to make your own adjustments anyway, in which case I assume the pob isnt near as useful to you anyway).

There is an entire write up in the notes section of the pob. It tells you what to use and when and the only thing in place of something is the herald in place of tempest shield.
"
Rapturos2 wrote:

I’d agree with you here. It was a very smooth CO-LL transition before this league. I think the main difference is the build now has armor nodes, ES nodes are not as common and we literally have a new passive tree. I’m sure Shak will make it better and easier. I’ve played Cold DOT for a few leagues now so I’d just look at the “end build” and work my way towards it and take whatever nodes I felt I needed. My tree will need lots of respec when I finally go for cluster jewels so it also depends on what we can afford. Hope you guys have as much fun as I have!

Small update - I did a level 10 transformer T1 map that has “lose 900ES in nightmare”, it was deathless. We have enough regen (I have ES regen craft on belt) to do that in case you itch to try it like I did 😬
So the new direction of the build (as CI) is to get 3K ES and use armour for survivability? Why the sudden change? Things have been moved around in the tree but with a few changes I managed to get the same ES as before with a slight decrease in damage and a lot more block.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info