[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

I dropped Malevolence for Blasphemy Temp Chains while mapping.
I also got my Lunaris pantheon unlocks for proj avoidance and reduced elemental damage taken.

Build feels much better in yellows. Scourge is feeling ok up until 100 now assuming no phys as extra mods.

I was thinking maybe doing a flask swap (basalt out) on maps with phys as extra for the appropriate element.
Great league starter.

I switched to Cold Snap and Vortex asap.
Couldnt bother with "aiming" CF manually during leveling. Clear was good enough. Speed/lazy was top.

Now at mapping I have transitioned to CI and am using CF + 3 curses.

How do I prio between the auras?

I cant fit in Malevolence yet, so I opted for Tempest shield + Clarity + Vitality instead. Went with Determination and Defiance since I prio mitigation over dmg atm.

Malev would give me 40¤ more dmg I think.
https://pastebin.com/rSL4XQBD

this is my current standard build of my previous vortex occultist

i need some1 to tell me if its done right am i missing something or did something wrong

any tip could be great i think its a really strong build ive made myself

i do not use cluster jewel*
maybe elemental overload or equilibrium is useless ?
lethal pride for glancing blow require way less nod for max spell block but i dont have max att block .

"
killerkrill wrote:
Eh, this build isn't meant for this league. Needing to get close to mobs to drop vortex/waiting for coldsnap cooldown means you will get hit before you can kill the mobs. This isn't an issue thanks to the new defensive layers, up until you're hitting 140% more monster damage in Scourges. At that point you will get one shot by the plethora of instant target ranged attacks.

Sitting at about 7.3k ES and I still get popped by a grape. This combined with the general slow clear speed of the build makes it unsuited to farm the league mechanic. Still might be worth it to do Maven and bosses but for krangle farming I'd consider another build.

Also 100% agree with this, keep getting shotgun to death by scourge mobs.
I’m at T7/8 maps now and can push corruption to 150% stacks regularly with CI build, 6.3k ES with Tempest Shield. I’ll just pop into the krangleverse (is that what it’s called), pop all my flasks and run trying to look for the scourge boss. Pop Vaal discipline and Vaal CS when needed. IMO, there’s not many build that can stand in the middle of whole screen of scourge monsters with higher corruption and not die in less than 2 seconds. I feel the build is still OK, just need to move out of the packs quickly especially when we just transport into the krangleverse.
the build is bad
die so fast
Nice build, really well written and similar to another build I've done in the past, so it's like an updated version for me !
So far it looks promising in PoB and in game.
I'm a newbie, I'm playing this build on trade SC, I've just entered maps and I must confess, I am utterly confused as to what skills I'm supposed to be using. Like some other posters in this thread I am getting absolutely wrecked by Scourge.

Guide on forum lays them out pretty neatly, but it's apparently outdated and PoB guide is a bit of a mess. Variant for trade league is only comprehensible about main skill (Vortex) and Creeping Frost socketed in the helmet. Then it's just an assortment of 8 auras/reservation skills, and which ones I should actually use I have no clue.

PoB guide also haven't been updated since before the patch, because Herald of Ash is still there as a stand in for the new Tempest Shield, which has been implemented a week ago.

I don't want to appear rude. It's clear that a lot of work went into the build and I understand that not everyone has free time to keep guides up-to-date, but a warning to fellow newbies out there: you may want to skip this particular build and look for something else. At least until author updates everything.
Last edited by DeadOnDeparture on Oct 26, 2021, 12:50:16 PM
I've been using ShakCentral/Zizaran Cold DoT Vortex/Creeping Frost build guide in Scourge and got a curious question:

In PoB it's recommended to use Elemental Focus with Vortex (also Creeping Frost, as it seems to recommend a dual-5-link setup). Elemental Focus increases the linked abilities Elemental Damage but prevents them from inflicting Elemental Ailments.

Does this remove the Cold DoT from Vortex / Creeping Frost or some other Ailment and the Cold DoT is still applied even when using Elemental Focus?
Last edited by dragothica on Oct 26, 2021, 2:30:19 PM
Loved this build in Heist. Tried it again this league and I agree with the last few pages of posts. It feels squishy. I die pretty fast when I pop scourge zone. It's weird because in Heist I was feeling like the build was amazing. It was tanky and did plenty of DPS. I think scourge is just overtuned and likely any build is going to struggle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info