[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Sorry if I missed it but, what is the purpose of having Divine Shield and these armor nodes in the CI version of the tree?
Is there any differences between your build here on the forum and the one Zizaran made a video on?
Can anyone tell me how this build is feeling with the scourge mechanic? Getting a late start, but I don’t like the idea of possibly having to upkeep two or three attack skills during map clearing. Does vortex by itself do enough for general clear even in nightmare? Are the defenses holding up pretty well?
The Zizaran build highlight is the same as this as far as I can tell. Both the forum guide, and Zizaran's highlight link to the same POBs too.

I'm only level 42 but have found leveling very easy going with this build so far. Having a lot of fun!
"
fiyawerx wrote:
Can anyone tell me how this build is feeling with the scourge mechanic? Getting a late start, but I don’t like the idea of possibly having to upkeep two or three attack skills during map clearing. Does vortex by itself do enough for general clear even in nightmare? Are the defenses holding up pretty well?

Not really so far. Nightmare monsters get too overwhelming rather quickly. It's another league that wants you to be a ranged clearspeed build unfortunately :/

Currently in nightmares I'm getting carried hard by vaal cold snap. It's basically charge VCS -> pop nightmare -> run around -> pop back from nightmare as soon as VCS goes down -> charge another VCS and repeat.

We'll see how it goes once I finish transitioning into low life.
"
Prypcio wrote:
"
fiyawerx wrote:

Not really so far. Nightmare monsters get too overwhelming rather quickly. It's another league that wants you to be a ranged clearspeed build unfortunately :/

Currently in nightmares I'm getting carried hard by vaal cold snap. It's basically charge VCS -> pop nightmare -> run around -> pop back from nightmare as soon as VCS goes down -> charge another VCS and repeat.

We'll see how it goes once I finish transitioning into low life.

I'm playing ssf, so won't be LL if at all or for quite a while, so thanks, that helps a lot. Maybe I'll work on something else for general mapping and clearing like a slinger and then work on vortex later on for bossing.
Eh, this build isn't meant for this league. Needing to get close to mobs to drop vortex/waiting for coldsnap cooldown means you will get hit before you can kill the mobs. This isn't an issue thanks to the new defensive layers, up until you're hitting 140% more monster damage in Scourges. At that point you will get one shot by the plethora of instant target ranged attacks.

Sitting at about 7.3k ES and I still get popped by a grape. This combined with the general slow clear speed of the build makes it unsuited to farm the league mechanic. Still might be worth it to do Maven and bosses but for krangle farming I'd consider another build.
Last edited by killerkrill on Oct 25, 2021, 2:47:24 AM
I am lv83 now and I dont know what to do about the passive tree.
I play trade league and now I use 80 CI tree.
If I go for 85CI tree thats a lot to refund and loss dps.
Any comment?
"
killerkrill wrote:
Eh, this build isn't meant for this league. Needing to get close to mobs to drop vortex/waiting for coldsnap cooldown means you will get hit before you can kill the mobs. This isn't an issue thanks to the new defensive layers, up until you're hitting 140% more monster damage in Scourges. At that point you will get one shot by the plethora of instant target ranged attacks.

Sitting at about 7.3k ES and I still get popped by a grape. This combined with the general slow clear speed of the build makes it unsuited to farm the league mechanic. Still might be worth it to do Maven and bosses but for krangle farming I'd consider another build.

I agree with this 100%. The league is suited to evasion and off-screening.

I'm at:
1. Early Yellow maps
2. 6.5k ES CI, with 12k armour (no flasks) with 25k armour (after flasks).\
3. SSF

As soon as the damage mods start ramping up (50+ scourge) the armour feels useless. A big part of this is the elemental damage. IMO you need effective elemental mitigation for this league.

Any map with "phys as extra" is already rough on this build, but with scourge scaling the elemental portion it becomes a death sentence.

Part of this is that divine shield feels like god mode while mobs are doing less damage, but as soon as they are doing big hits, it is effectively 2% ES regen.

I know that another 2k ES would help my build a lot, but IMO it won't be near to enough for reds to feel comfortable.

I feel like a blasphemy temp chains would go a long way in this build. We need to just get hit less. I may switch over to Eye of Winter after farming up some gear.
Last edited by Tesrali on Oct 25, 2021, 1:40:53 PM
"
Tesrali wrote:
"
killerkrill wrote:

I agree with this 100%. The league is suited to evasion and off-screening.

I'm at:
1. Early Yellow maps
2. 6.5k ES CI, with 12k armour (no flasks) with 25k armour (after flasks).\
3. SSF

As soon as the damage mods start ramping up (50+ scourge) the armour feels useless. A big part of this is the elemental damage. IMO you need effective elemental mitigation for this league.

Any map with "phys as extra" is already rough on this build, but with scourge scaling the elemental portion it becomes a death sentence.

Part of this is that divine shield feels like god mode while mobs are doing less damage, but as soon as they are doing big hits, it is effectively 2% ES regen.

I know that another 2k ES would help my build a lot, but IMO it won't be near to enough for reds to feel comfortable.

I feel like a blasphemy temp chains would go a long way in this build. We need to just get hit less. I may switch over to Eye of Winter after farming up some gear.

I've been feeling the same.
Build works great in normal mapping and boss killing. But i'm getting a lot of one shots in nightmare mode.
I'm thinking about swapping to Coldslinger Vortex, since the trees are similar, but i'm afraid the boss killing part will not be that great.
Not sure where to go from here.
Last edited by byansk2672 on Oct 25, 2021, 3:07:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info