[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Been playing through this league taking it a bit slower and im stuck at a wall after quite a smooth experience. I intend to stick with the CI version as I don't want to invest into the to that extent.

I'm midway through attempting to 6L my chest, upgrade my gloves and wand (Crafting gloves and buying wand) but while I understand the lack of damage I'm not sure how to go about fixing my survivability which seems subpar at t15+ maps, though I'm not sure if damage is the remedy to this. Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated

How do you guys post these items for show like that???

I'm asking since i have in my possession a magic sceptre ilvl80 with the "13% cold dmg overtime" implicit.

Spent some alts and whatnot and no success yet getting "+1 level to all cold spell skill gem" mod

I know its rare but can someone be kind and tell what can i do to craft one?

(btw i have an harvest craft that says reroll mods while keeping prefixes, same for suffixes aswell)

Ty in advance
Hey does the cold pen with damage mod for hatred watchers eye work with vortex?
"
BugsyBro wrote:
Been playing through this league taking it a bit slower and im stuck at a wall after quite a smooth experience. I intend to stick with the CI version as I don't want to invest into the to that extent.

I'm midway through attempting to 6L my chest, upgrade my gloves and wand (Crafting gloves and buying wand) but while I understand the lack of damage I'm not sure how to go about fixing my survivability which seems subpar at t15+ maps, though I'm not sure if damage is the remedy to this. Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated

So, for starters a random piece of advice: Don‘t go for manually 6 linking rare chests, you can buy a 6 linked 3 quality ilvl 100 base with white sockets for around 1ex, much easier to just throw some dense fossils at that and then clean it up with harvest, especially if all you need is some energy shield. Survivability wise your biggest upgrade bar none is getting a shaper shield with %ES on block. A small improvement you could make is tossing a Tempest Shield into your CWDT setup, its some free block%. Other than that your gear is fine-ish, 6 link should go a long way towards fixing your DPS but after that its gonna get expensive quickly. Tree wise definitely get Breath of Rime ASAP. For the endgame have a look at my current tree, specificaly the Thread of Hope setup, it gives a lot of passive points to put into clusters, which personally gave me 20% DPS at nearly no cost.

"
How do you guys post these items for show like that???

I'm asking since i have in my possession a magic sceptre ilvl80 with the "13% cold dmg overtime" implicit.

Spent some alts and whatnot and no success yet getting "+1 level to all cold spell skill gem" mod

I know its rare but can someone be kind and tell what can i do to craft one?

(btw i have an harvest craft that says reroll mods while keeping prefixes, same for suffixes aswell)

Ty in advance

You can post items by just typing your post down and at the spots where you want to link an item click on the character portrait in the very top left, which brings up a pop up with your inventory, from there you just click what you want to link and it appears in the post window.

As for the weapon: I honestly would reconsider how much you want to invest, the base is not that expensive (I bought an i84 one for 10c recently) and crafting is expensive. Last time I checked it was roughly 1ex in alterations to hit the +1 level to cold gems mod, after that you would need to regal and pray, hoping for something good and then multimod, which is another 2ex. You can probably buy an item that has comparable DPS for like 1ex from trade, so be careful what you want.
Just awakened this Amulet. I got super lucky and it had Fire Damage and Lightning Resist. So I removed them with Harvest and all I need is remove Critical. Then the fun begins.

This amulet is gonna be a beast!!

Next step is to augment, remove/add defense till I get T1 Energy Shield.
Then craft cold resist , So I get higher chance when I augment Cold to get dot Multi :)

Edit: I just got cortex drop so I decide to see how hard it was with maven. Seemed same to to me haha super easy and got
Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 22, 2021, 3:43:10 AM
"
HeManNZ wrote:
Hey does the cold pen with damage mod for hatred watchers eye work with vortex?

No. Penetration does not work with dots, only with hits.

So we can argue it works with the front hitting part of vortex, but that's not what we are scaling.

Resistance reduction works thou. You can find that on Veritana helmets "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance".
I have played this build ages ago and have returned to it this league becaue it's awesome AF. But 2 years past a few changes have come and some of them confuse me a bit. Maybe someone can clear things up for me:

1. I see people either use two curses with Frostbite/TC or one curse with Frostbite/Flesh and Stone. No one seems to be getting a dual curse setup for Frostbite/Flesh and Stone AND Witchfire Brew. Why is this?
I feel like it should be quite the upgrade and is generally a good flask.

2. LL seems to be all the rage these days. When I played Vortex in Synthesis (check my profile, charname is ODERINT_DVM_METVANT) I used Atziri's Reflection and Coward's Legacy with CI. This felt really good, dealing a lot more dmg than CI but gaining all of it's survivability. How come no one does this these days?

3. How Important do you guys feel that Vile Bastion is with a LL setup? I was thinking of dropping it to get Explodes and Dual curse (+Malediction) from my Ascendancy (so I don't need Whispers of Doom) and go Witchfire/Frostbite. Will this lack survivabiliy?
Thank for the help on my scepter
Last edited by Ma23ck on Jan 22, 2021, 1:26:57 PM
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
I have played this build ages ago and have returned to it this league becaue it's awesome AF. But 2 years past a few changes have come and some of them confuse me a bit. Maybe someone can clear things up for me:

1. I see people either use two curses with Frostbite/TC or one curse with Frostbite/Flesh and Stone. No one seems to be getting a dual curse setup for Frostbite/Flesh and Stone AND Witchfire Brew. Why is this?
I feel like it should be quite the upgrade and is generally a good flask.

2. LL seems to be all the rage these days. When I played Vortex in Synthesis (check my profile, charname is ODERINT_DVM_METVANT) I used Atziri's Reflection and Coward's Legacy with CI. This felt really good, dealing a lot more dmg than CI but gaining all of it's survivability. How come no one does this these days?

3. How Important do you guys feel that Vile Bastion is with a LL setup? I was thinking of dropping it to get Explodes and Dual curse (+Malediction) from my Ascendancy (so I don't need Whispers of Doom) and go Witchfire/Frostbite. Will this lack survivabiliy?

1: Honestly Personally I just value the utility a magic flask brings (in my case Ignite/curse immunity and more phys resistance) over the DPS boost from the Witchfire Brew.

2: I think the reason you see it less nowadays is that its much more expensive to get good dps on CI, Reflection is 11 ex and crafting a nice amulet is probably the same amount, and without both those things the DPS is around 60% of the standard "cheap" LL Version. Nowadays its pretty easy to get 40% or so Chaos Res on LL, so the benefit of CI is slightly less.

3: Vile Bastion is not really worth it IMO as long as you have stun immunity from somewhere, the easiest source on LL is getting Chayulas Presence Amulet. As for your setup it would probably work, but Survivability will lack a bit, DPS over, say, 5Mil is kinda wasted because every boss phases in a single vortex cast, at that point I'd rather have defenses for the intermissions.
Hey folks,

I guess I'm doing something wrong, I've got 5.5k EHP with Discipline, all res capped and I'm dying on T2 maps, I know my gear is crap but T2 is well... low I guess.
Also I'm a little confused about Aura/Curse setup, so we should use Discipline or only Vaal option? If 1st part then how we can afford this and Frostbite with Malevolence?
What's missing for me is what to look for during the transition from Kitava Death to CI - I know some crafting should be done but again what with skill points and what kind of gear we're looking for?

Sorry for a bit long one, It's quite frustrating being dead :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info