[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
n0rek84 wrote:
Hey folks,

I guess I'm doing something wrong, I've got 5.5k EHP with Discipline, all res capped and I'm dying on T2 maps, I know my gear is crap but T2 is well... low I guess.
Also I'm a little confused about Aura/Curse setup, so we should use Discipline or only Vaal option? If 1st part then how we can afford this and Frostbite with Malevolence?
What's missing for me is what to look for during the transition from Kitava Death to CI - I know some crafting should be done but again what with skill points and what kind of gear we're looking for?

Sorry for a bit long one, It's quite frustrating being dead :)

Quick look at your gear, i'm guessing you're not resistance capped. In flashback i had no issues doing low tier maps with like 4k ES.
Having had a look at the gear I am also confused, Any chance you are dying to chaos damage since you havent gone for the actual CI node yet? Other than that I can‘t find anything, your flasks are a bit suboptimal but nothing major, are you constantly moving`? Thats a big part of staying alive. Even missing res shouldnt be an issue in T2 maps, I didnt get my cold res capped until after the first conqueror cycle I think.
"
Having had a look at the gear I am also confused, Any chance you are dying to chaos damage since you havent gone for the actual CI node yet? Other than that I can‘t find anything, your flasks are a bit suboptimal but nothing major, are you constantly moving`? Thats a big part of staying alive. Even missing res shouldnt be an issue in T2 maps, I didnt get my cold res capped until after the first conqueror cycle I think.

Thanks I know my gear is crap as I've killed Kitava not so long ago, flasks are somehow at the end of my priority for gearing :) Apart cold which is 69% fire and lightning are capped, chaos -60% unfortunately.
I'm not on CI because if it feels squishy with life it would be a bigger problem without it.
Would you be so kind and clarify my question with auras please?

"Also I'm a little confused about Aura/Curse setup, so we should use Discipline or only Vaal option? If 1st part then how we can afford this and Frostbite with Malevolence?"
Buy a Bated Breath belt it's dirt cheap and way better what you have for ES. Furthermore, for up to 5 chaos you can get rare rings with over 120% elemental resists, there's even a prepared trade site link in the OP under section 2.5 you can peruse. Replace both of your rings with such resist rings. Try to get them with ES modifiers too.

You should now be over the resist caps and thus can focus on replacing other gear pieces with more ES attributes instead of resists.

I also have crap gear but I can comfortably go into yellow maps. I even unintentionally triggered Abaxoth because something I zoomed through was apparently tightly packed, who promptly did kill me, but well I came back and had the last laugh after I realized what occured.

A rumi's flask is also relatively cheap and you should get one asap. It really ups your defenses.

In this league that showers us with relatively good talismans, you can easily buy a corrupted talisman for 1 or 2 chaos that has Tranquility annointed. Which would require a gold oil when annointing manually!

As for Aura's personally I run Discipline and Malevolence right now. Not enough mana/supports to add more. I also don't even have a CWDT yet. With Discipline running, I'm sitting on 6322 ES with CI with the only-slightly-out-of-levelling gear you see in my character.
How does the LL version of this build perform defensively in t15/16 maps? Does it struggle to maintain ES without any ES on block mechanic?
Thanks for your time putting the build guide together, I'm having a good time with it so far.

Also found this rather interesting ring does anyone have any ideas of how or whether it's even worth trying to incorporate this into the CI build.

I wish it rolled Malevolance reserves less mana instead of increased effect but hey ho that's how the cookie crumbles :)
IGN:
Last edited by RottenSausage on Jan 22, 2021, 1:27:26 PM
I got lucky and was able to fracture this wandd... and then with 3 frigid fossil, got the + 1 to cold gems.

Now how is the best way to go to craft a gg "i won the league" wand?

Remove the fire mod
Prefixes cannot be changed.
Scour
Multimod
Then add cold dot and trigger a socketed gem??
"
rupture55 wrote:
How does the LL version of this build perform defensively in t15/16 maps? Does it struggle to maintain ES without any ES on block mechanic?

Its honestly fine, as long as you have a 3% cinderswallow urn. Thanks to explosions chaining in any halfway decently packed map something is always dying, so there is constant healing going on. Combine that with chill and either TempChains slow or Flesh and Stone and phasing nothing really ever hits you. For bosses and conquerors its even better, most everything dies in one vortex cast, you can just dance around halfway offscreen while it ticks.
After ~5 days of playing in the week my current gear is pretty decent

Spoiler

(+ Thread of Hope and Energy Within)

Obviously my ring and my boots need some harvestcrafting, aswell as maybe new glovew, when I shuffled my res a bit around.
Looking for a good crystal belt to get rid of Bated Breath.
+1 / +1 Wands are kinda expensive right now, so I push that back.

Sitting on 16 pure ex and maybe ~2-3 in assets, not sure what the best move for spending would be right now.
Currently just got my 32/32 Watchstones and kinda unsure what to focus on next.

The build is super smooth and very strong against bosses and the Maven stuff, clearing is obviously not that insane, but really fast enough for me =)
Pretty good for 5 days :D. Got a couple decent items to trade for, i think my current gear on jugg is around 100-150 chaos, maybe a little more. Maybe like 8-10ex sitting in currency stash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info