[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Guys what would you suggest to craft a wand for this build ? Frigid Fossils and fixing the result with harvest if needed ?
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Jan 21, 2021, 10:53:07 AM
Any chance you guys can look at my character and point me towards what my next goals should be? Wand and gloves make the most sense right now I think. I made the switch to LL last night, but lost most of the evening helping a friend get into the game.

Also, thoughts on this jewel?
Thanks!
Last edited by srt4eblue on Jan 21, 2021, 1:20:25 PM
"
"
Higuey wrote:
"
H00 wrote:
Gotta say this was the smoothest league start i've had in years. Damage never really fell off, switched to CI day one and transitioned to lowlife around day 2. Been minmaxing it past few days and and close to done, missing helm enchant and few awaken gems, but this is pretty much as good as this build can get and it feels amazing. Hit 9k+ ES and around 4m Sirus DPS.
Full PoB with jewels: https://pastebin.com/tJvQawiX
Gear showcase:

That looks awesome. Something to aim for. How are you doing on endgame content like the Maven?

Not the person you are responding to but I my gear is very similar, if not a bit better, I finally got into the post-sirus endgame today and its pretty smooth. I bricked my first Maven with her in the last phase at like 20% because I went in blind, mechanically the build is very well suited for her. Same goes for the difficult maven crucible fight, our damage pattern means we have full single target dps against a lot of targets at once, whereas a lot of builds will be more limited. I can also do the juiced up guardian maps (you have to essentially kill 3 guardians, 2 of them at the same time) smoothly. Overall its probably better in the endgame gauntlet that it is at mapping and its pretty solid at mapping.

Can you or any one in this forum share any tips/advice on crafting a wand like yours?
"
srt4eblue wrote:
Any chance you guys can look at my character and point me towards what my next goals should be? Wand and gloves make the most sense right now I think. I made the switch to LL last night, but lost most of the evening helping a friend get into the game.

Thanks!

I would prioritize:

Wand -> Bated Breath -> Prism Guardian -> Chayula Amulet -> Tranquility Annoint

Re: Wand Crafting:

I would honestly buy it from trade, I havent found a way to properly craft one, the issue with frigid is that we absolutely DONT want + cold damage to spells. For an endgame weapon we want a wand like
and getting the double spell level naturally is suuuper expensive, its easier to just buy a base and fix that off with harvestcrafts.
How do you get the strength needed for the build if you use bates breath? I have 2 30 str nodes and I still need the str on my belt to use our defensives.
"
srt4eblue wrote:
How do you get the strength needed for the build if you use bates breath? I have 2 30 str nodes and I still need the str on my belt to use our defensives.

Nowadays I get it from my jewels, but in general 2 strenght nodes and a crafted suffix are enough.
"
srt4eblue wrote:

I usually craft Strength and Dex on rings. Its pretty easy to get them cheaply with alterations instead of spamming expensive essences.

Buy a Base Ring of your preference (needs to be ilvl 82 for t1 Attributes).

1. Alt Spam till you get t2-t1 Dex or Strength

2. Regal till you get Both Dex and Strength. Start over if you don't get both attributes.

3. If you hit bot Strength and Dex. Bench Craft what you need for now either a resist or ES.

4. Then harvest craft the rest by using augments and remove add crafts.

This is my Ring I am currently crafting.

It will look like my Harvest ring I made minus the Spell dmg once I am finished

Next Steps to finish my ring in ritual.

1. Remove Life.
2. Remove add Defense till I get t1 flat ES
3. Bench Craft Energy Shield Recharge Faster.
4. Augment Cold, Remove , Add till I get t1 Cold Damage
Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 21, 2021, 2:47:59 PM
"
DannyNorth wrote:

Can you or any one in this forum share any tips/advice on crafting a wand like yours?

Crafting these type of wands from scratch can be frustrating. I got lucky and got a +1 to cold and spell from Ritual that had fire to spells and two crappy suffix.

Your best best is save currency and buy one with +1 to cold and spell with a prefix you can remove or open prefix and one open suffix. Don't make the mistake of buying one with cold to spells as a prefix this will brick those most of the time it will remove +1 to cold

Example how to craft using a sceptre currently on trade with the following stats.

Item Level: 61 Sceptre
--------
30% increased Elemental Damage (implicit)
--------
+31 to Intelligence
Adds 1 to 4 Lightning Damage to Spells
80% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems
+1 to Level of all Cold Spell Skill Gems
12% increased Cast Speed (crafted)
--------
Note: ~price 5 exalted

1. Remove Crafted suffix using the bench.
2. Craft Prefix Cannot be changed ( This is a Prophecy to get this craft Unbearable V I think)
3. Use a Scouring Orb.
4. The Sceptre will stay Rare and have the + 1 to Cold and spell + the Lightning mod.
5. Run Harvest till you get Remove Lightning or buy the craft from someone and use it on the Sceptre.
6. Bench craft Can have 3 Modifiers, Cold Dot Multi, and Trigger Socket Spell
7. You might need to divine to get 20% Cold Dolt Multi and your finished!!

Final Result
--------
--------
+20% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier (Crafted)
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (Crafted)
Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill (Crafted)

Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 21, 2021, 3:06:36 PM
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
DannyNorth wrote:

Crafting these type of wands from scratch can be frustrating. I got lucky and got a +1 to cold and spell from Ritual that had fire to spells and two crappy suffix.

Your best best is save currency and buy one with +1 to cold and spell with a prefix you can remove or open prefix and one open suffix. Don't make the mistake of buying one with cold to spells as a prefix this will brick those most of the time it will remove +1 to cold

Example how to craft using a sceptre currently on trade with the following stats.

Item Level: 61 Sceptre
--------
--------
+31 to Intelligence
Adds 1 to 4 Lightning Damage to Spells
80% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
12% increased Cast Speed (crafted)
--------
Note: ~price 5 exalted

1. Remove Crafted suffix using the bench.
2. Craft Prefix Cannot be changed ( This is a Prophecy to get this craft Unbearable V I think)
3. Use a Scouring Orb.
4. The Sceptre will stay Rare and have the + 1 to Cold and spell + the Lightning mod.
5. Run Harvest till you get Remove Lightning or buy the craft from someone and use it on the Sceptre.
6. Bench craft Can have 3 Modifiers, Cold Dot Multi, and Trigger Socket Spell
7. You might need to divine to get 20% Cold Dolt Multi and your finished!!

Final Result
--------
--------
+20% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier (Crafted)
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (Crafted)
Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill (Crafted)

Thank you very much. I have been spamming my caster & cold on one. I played this build for the 3 week Mayhem event. I got to lvl 95 and did Sirus 7 deathless. So I knew it had potential. Please keep us updated. Share some videos if you can.
He mentioned in the guide that Trickster might be a little more tanky if you´re going hardcore. My goal is to reach lvl 100 this league but can´t find any pob from Shak on that version. Any experienced vortex player got a pob for a trickster version with super end game gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info