[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

Still hoping to get an answer to my boss freezing question. I am not seeing free effect onbosses though i have tree nodes, taming and using hypothermia and ice bite. Below is what i run with gor single target right now and iceshot for clear
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
"
sendantes wrote:
Still hoping to get an answer to my boss freezing question. I am not seeing free effect onbosses though i have tree nodes, taming and using hypothermia and ice bite. Below is what i run with gor single target right now and iceshot for clear

Barrage is tonnes of small hits, so it can chill but you need to do a big ass hit to freeze, whilst Critical Strikes have 100% chance to freeze, any resistance or massive life pool will negate that if the damage isn't there.

Take a hypothetical super charged ST Ice Shot with say
90% Crit 500% Crit Multi - Ice Shot - Awakened Ele Damage with Attacks - Awakened Cold Pen - DoFL - Awakened Added Cold - Hypothermia, you'd do about a million or so per arrow, take the same with Barrage it's 530k per arrow, but millions in DPS. Smaller hits but a lot more.

A way for example I freeze bosses is Frost Bomb Drop, Big Scourge Arrow Charge, aim to take at least 20% of their HP off, nice long freeze.
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
So regardless of how much freeze chance i have with passives and gems it just comes down to doing enough dmg in a single hit. Which is not probably with barrage.....i like scourge arrow but i prefer it primarily for uber elder as i like that better for a constant on the move fight all other bosses seem to be fine withbarrage....
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Used this build for the league. Kind of tweaked it for more movement speed and faster clear. I think it turned out very well. 5500+ hp, very high damage (1m+) and 45 move speed.

Here is a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/hsp2MFpM
"
sendantes wrote:
So regardless of how much freeze chance i have with passives and gems it just comes down to doing enough dmg in a single hit. Which is not probably with barrage.....i like scourge arrow but i prefer it primarily for uber elder as i like that better for a constant on the move fight all other bosses seem to be fine withbarrage....

It can also be done with Ice Shot too having a ST Ice Shot Setup
(If you got a 1.8% crit watchers eye, or inc crit chance on chest/gloves then this works a tonne better, if not. Swap out Inc Crit Damage for Inc Crit Strikes)
Ice Shot - (Awakened Ele Damage with Attacks) - DoFL - (Awakened) Added Cold - (Awakened Cold Pen) - Inc Crit Damage (which is for when your hideout base crit chance is 75-80% and higher.
Does a good amount through opus and ridiculous amounts through a Point Blank Chin Sol
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
louisxsioul wrote:
For some reason, even though I try to find rare bows with +2 arrows, etc.
A lot of them don't match up to a point blank Chin Sol.
I'm looking at some on the market and it always minuses my DPS, unless I uncheck the Player is always at close range box, it'll give me about 300k dps, which in that case wouldn't be boss killing.

Any crafting suggestions would also be definitely appreciated, if I can make one for less than 20ex I'm game.
Thanks for the great guide btw.

Also feel free to check my gear as well, I don't know how to post it, thanks~

Aquarism, when I put your build in POE it seems that the DPS is lower as well, since others are overlooking my statement I hope you can provide me the answer to this one, is there more to it than meets the eye that I did not account for, or is Death's Opus still the top contender? Cheers

larger imgur link here: https://imgur.com/a/q9HkGkD

Last edited by louisxsioul on Apr 14, 2020, 3:44:22 AM
the death's opus you have in your screenshot still has 100% crit multi, it was nerfed this league to 50%.
Last edited by domepro on Apr 14, 2020, 6:46:37 AM
"
sendantes wrote:

Most *real* bosses are freeze immune anyway - but in any case, if you're so inclined and want to freeze map bosses and/or metamorphs, perhaps you can try with using

a) IS - barrage - added cold - cold pen - edwa - hypothermia/inspiration (depending on what gives you more dps)

or

b) using cold pen support instead of ice bite? Why do you even have ice bite support in your ST setup - the bosses resistances were buffed a lot in 3.9 so having penetration should really be mandatory to use in your ST setup.

FYI I've tried plugging in ice shot - barrage instead of barrage-added cold to my char and it's significantly worse sheet DPS (6.4 mil shaper for barrage vs 5.8 shaper for IS-barrage - with a 40% IS damage helm enchant) but it might be worth it if you value the QoL of freezing the bosses you can freeze... on the other hand, barrage just simply does more damage and you're done with the fight quicker which means you have to deal with mechanics less and shit so it's something you have to decide on your own.
I am not at home at the moment so I cannot check it by my self. But like others mentioned the opus was nerfed down to 50% crit multi. Even with that its still good enough to take iceshot builds deep into the endgame. I changed it late and even with an other build (I play other gems and other tree choices) it was good enough for t16 and delirous maps.

The marktet for good rare bows with imperial or harbinger bases and 2 arrows and decent mods are really empty. I got instant tells for my actucal bow as I just traded it from my crafting char through a public stash. I did not compare the performance to a Chin Sol but it ouotperformed the opus by near 49% and Its still multimodded so not perfect. Your example bow has very low flat dmg rolls.

"
levonski wrote:
Used this build for the league. Kind of tweaked it for more movement speed and faster clear. I think it turned out very well. 5500+ hp, very high damage (1m+) and 45 move speed.

Here is a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/hsp2MFpM

Sorry to say that but this is a real budget setup and 1million dps is not really high. Your life is good, thats true. The rest is kind of meh for the stage of the legaue.

Just to throw some numbers into the room.

I am not sure how accurate POB is but with following configs I reach some nice numbers.

My Config:

Ativate all charges, tailwind, onslought, hit recently, used skills recently to 5, spiderwebs to 3 (cause I use aspect of the spider), crit recently, hit chance is lucky, freeze, chill and shock (shock to 25%) enemies on concentraed ground (bottled faith), intimidate and all Flask checkboxes activ.

Barrage with all proj. 17.6 million dps (none shaper)
Iceshot 4,7 million dps (none shaper)
Last edited by Mekrat on Apr 14, 2020, 7:25:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info