[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
ccav1211 wrote:
Thanks for the sharing!
Saw this post several days ago and couldnt stop to try it out.
This is the best cyclone build I have ever played (Cyclone lover hahaha).
Again your sharing is much appreciated!

Here is my item, May I know if anything I can improve since sometimes I still get one-shotted lol
Sometimes I just feel lacking of accuracy, any suggestion?

Loking forward to your comment!

Hi, I would look for more ES from the helmet, body armour and shield.
That said, I think the most important improvement is to replace Lion's Roar with a non-unique one and roll a curse immunity mod there. Curse is extremely dangerous. Vulnerability makes you to take 37% increased physical damage, and elemental weakness makes you to take 100% more damage if your resists becomes 50%. Curse immunity flask is a must item if you don't want to die.

As for accuracy, I don't think your accuracy is too low. But if you want to increase it, get level4 enlighten and increase the gem level of precision a little. Another option is to drop Efficient Training. Because your int is converted to str, you are losing some accuracy (remember that int gives accuracy rating because of Shaper's touch). Based on your gear I think you can drop Efficient Training.

"
gromkins wrote:
PoB doesn't show any increase in damage/crits if I add corrupted shaper gloves. Does the "Attacks have % to critical strike chance" not work with ball lightning or is PoB wrong?

Ball lightning is not an attack but a spell, so "attacks have +xx% to crit chance" have no effect on ball lightning. However, it increases crit chance of cyclone (an attack) which in turn increases the proc probability of CoC ball lightning. Check the crit chance of cyclone in PoB.

"
Uructus wrote:

Think I got a good one from double corrupt temple.
Does it add much extra dmg with phys?

Well, ball lightning doesn't deal physical damage, and in this build cyclone deals little damage. So you gain little increase in DPS from the increased physical damage implicit.
"
giully wrote:
I'm currently playing a Pathfinder version of this build in std and I really like this build as an allrounder character. Swapped out the boots for skyforth for better stun avoidance while not cycloning and power charge generation. I still gotta replace the abyss jewel for something better and get a better legion jewel with 20 str and 15% dd (currently got 20 str, 10% dd and 10% crit redu) but after that upgrades will be very expensive (corruption on chest/shield, turning amulet into talisman, double corrupt on boots/gloves, 450 es helm with enchant)
I switch the quicksilver with taste of hate or wise oak for different situations. Swap from 10% pen ascendency node to master surgeon for deep delve bosses.

Thanks for sharing your items. They are super awesome. For deep delving with elemental resist mods, I'd recommend to swap elemental focus with lightning pen support.
Skyforth is an interesting choice and 100% makes sense for Pathfinder. But I feel level 21 precision is kinda waste of mana. I would consider using another aura, like blood of sand to increase the AoE of cyclone. You can drop faster casting for a gem slot.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
ccav1211 wrote:
Thanks for the sharing!
Saw this post several days ago and couldnt stop to try it out.
This is the best cyclone build I have ever played (Cyclone lover hahaha).
Again your sharing is much appreciated!

Here is my item, May I know if anything I can improve since sometimes I still get one-shotted lol
Sometimes I just feel lacking of accuracy, any suggestion?

Loking forward to your comment!

Hi, I would look for more ES from the helmet, body armour and shield.
That said, I think the most important improvement is to replace Lion's Roar with a non-unique one and roll a curse immunity mod there. Curse is extremely dangerous. Vulnerability makes you to take 37% increased physical damage, and elemental weakness makes you to take 100% more damage if your resists becomes 50%. Curse immunity flask is a must item if you don't want to die.

As for accuracy, I don't think your accuracy is too low. But if you want to increase it, get level4 enlighten and increase the gem level of precision a little. Another option is to drop Efficient Training. Because your int is converted to str, you are losing some accuracy (remember that int gives accuracy rating because of Shaper's touch). Based on your gear I think you can drop Efficient Training.

"
gromkins wrote:
PoB doesn't show any increase in damage/crits if I add corrupted shaper gloves. Does the "Attacks have % to critical strike chance" not work with ball lightning or is PoB wrong?

Ball lightning is not an attack but a spell, so "attacks have +xx% to crit chance" have no effect on ball lightning. However, it increases crit chance of cyclone (an attack) which in turn increases the proc probability of CoC ball lightning. Check the crit chance of cyclone in PoB.

"
Uructus wrote:

Think I got a good one from double corrupt temple.
Does it add much extra dmg with phys?

Well, ball lightning doesn't deal physical damage, and in this build cyclone deals little damage. So you gain little increase in DPS from the increased physical damage implicit.

Thanks for your comment! Will definitely give it a try~
"
N0esy wrote:
"
giully wrote:
I'm currently playing a Pathfinder version of this build in std and I really like this build as an allrounder character. Swapped out the boots for skyforth for better stun avoidance while not cycloning and power charge generation. I still gotta replace the abyss jewel for something better and get a better legion jewel with 20 str and 15% dd (currently got 20 str, 10% dd and 10% crit redu) but after that upgrades will be very expensive (corruption on chest/shield, turning amulet into talisman, double corrupt on boots/gloves, 450 es helm with enchant)
I switch the quicksilver with taste of hate or wise oak for different situations. Swap from 10% pen ascendency node to master surgeon for deep delve bosses.

Thanks for sharing your items. They are super awesome. For deep delving with elemental resist mods, I'd recommend to swap elemental focus with lightning pen support.
Skyforth is an interesting choice and 100% makes sense for Pathfinder. But I feel level 21 precision is kinda waste of mana. I would consider using another aura, like blood of sand to increase the AoE of cyclone. You can drop faster casting for a gem slot.

Yeah for the resist nodes with monster life are kinda starting to have hp, especially if they got hexproof. Tho even without the light pen i got 6% from tree, 10% from pf, 25% from wise oak, 10% from watchers (and -25-41 flat res from curse and wave). So its probably only worth for hexproof or -curse effect nodes. And the precision is leveled cuz I have so much flat mana that the 165 it reserves is nothing.
I have 2.3k flat mana so I could never fit in anything like a blood and sand without a helm enchant for disc/zealotry. I could maybe fit in a banner but I think i prefer the high lvl precision.
Last but not least: I've tried replacing the fc on dash but it feels a little bit more responsive to play with lower cast time especially vs things like speedy auls. But if you got any good suggestions for another gem I'd like to hear them.

edit: I lose out on crit chance and accuracy if i switch 21 precision for 1 precision and 21/20 war banner and adrenaline gives me over 6 aps so its not worth swapping.
Last edited by giully on Nov 12, 2019, 5:00:05 AM
Hi again N0esy,

So I got Elemental weakness on hit corruption on the gloves. Should I just sell them or is it worth looking into some other gems instead of Conductivity/curse on hit?

As I think I cannot have two curses up on target at the same time (?).

PS. I love the build! It is so smooth and fast with good survivability and damage. Love IT! Think I will go for it next league as well. Any idea for how to league start?
1. Go with something else
2. ..or is there a way to get this going on lesser gear?

"
Uructus wrote:
Hi again N0esy,

So I got Elemental weakness on hit corruption on the gloves. Should I just sell them or is it worth looking into some other gems instead of Conductivity/curse on hit?

As I think I cannot have two curses up on target at the same time (?).

You normally have 1 curse limit. You can increase the limit by, for example, taking the +1 curse passive node.
Additional curse is not necessary unless you want to do deep delve. This is because endgame bosses have 60% reduced curse effect and thus curses are not very effective against them.

"
Uructus wrote:

PS. I love the build! It is so smooth and fast with good survivability and damage. Love IT! Think I will go for it next league as well. Any idea for how to league start?
1. Go with something else
2. ..or is there a way to get this going on lesser gear?

Last league I played a similar build to this in HCSSF. I managed to reach red maps and kill Elder.

If you use this build as a league starter, don't take CI and play a life-based build until you earn enough currency. You can get life gain on hit and lightning damage leech from a shaper ring and an temple amulet, respectively.

As for offense, you don't have to use Mjolner early game. The CoC setup is good enough even in red maps.
So im curious would a combo of ball lightning and arc be good together?
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Arc is fun for clearing or twin bosses.
since dps is the last problem you have with this build, you can run ball/arc all of the time but keep in mind its not the optimum. more a fun setup.
How do you feel about this build with Trickster instead of Assassin? I love the additional tankiness you get from Trickster, curious if you've theorycrafted it at all.
Thanks for build
Heres a vid of me killing shaper

I laugh at pooping dogs, just to see them get confused.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info