Goodbye Charan

Hmm. Quite the grand exit. Every time I return from a break these forums get a little more depressing, fewer recognized names creating interesting posts with any thought behind them, whether I agree with them or not. *sigh*
Goodbye Charan
Thanks for all, for awesome swords.
Good luck and stay safe.
sorry for my bed england
Ye i remember that guy from like 2011 ... cya dude
𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒍𝒆 ?
Who’s Charan? Is he the bald guy, rotund, speaks really fast, sometimes beard?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Im sorry but i cant support this kind of social figure. Just like I_NO, both players used to be very rude on daily basis when they disagreed with people who didnt think like them, im sure GGG is grateful for their contribution and support, but i highly doubt they support any player who behaves that way.

They had a lot of ego in a digital world where they felt somehow important, but they were not, i am not and we are not in general.

I remember when bestiary came out and they both hated it and specially I_NO if i recall correctly, was constantly jumping against people who liked it, im sorry but that attitude is just wrong, no matter how old your account is.
"
xSlaynx wrote:
Im sorry but i cant support this kind of social figure. Just like I_NO, both players used to be very rude on daily basis when they disagreed with people who didnt think like them, im sure GGG is grateful for their contribution and support, but i highly doubt they support any player who behaves that way.

They had a lot of ego in a digital world where they felt somehow important, but they were not, i am not and we are not in general.

I remember when bestiary came out and they both hated it and specially I_NO if i recall correctly, was constantly jumping against people who liked it, im sorry but that attitude is just wrong, no matter how old your account is.

What's the point of teh internetz if you aren't gonna fight with strangers over meaningless shit? I also disagree with how you think GGG would feel about it. Everybody would prefer an asshole character over a polite robot.

They definitely add way more life to the forums.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"

Everybody would prefer an asshole character over a polite robot.

Your kidding right? I don't know a single company who would not desire their entire forums be filled with polite robots.

Granted, this company isn't any I'm familiar with, maybe that's just how they do it outside the US, but any forum-moderator I've known for any fairly-or-larger sized company, when confronted with someone who disagrees with the company line (whether by message or delivery style), is told to "find a way to get rid of them ASAP that won't cause a PR backlash".

Hell, I'm pretty sure that applies WELL outside of forums too.

Note: I liked Charan, don't think I'm after him or you in this post, please. Just be aware I've seen people ejected, and SUED, for far less than he's done. (successfully? maybe not, but a sour taste is left in the mouth of anyone who "wins" a suit of any type that costs them a 5-or-6 figure dollar value in fees the other party isn't required to provide recompense for)
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Last edited by themousemaster on Nov 21, 2019, 6:20:35 PM
"
xSlaynx wrote:

Agreed actually.

I have been around since Jul 28, 2012, from the beginning I realized the type of individual he chose to be. I understand his known contribution to POE. However the flat out bullying of other players imo wasn't worth it and I feel GGG allowed him to get away with a lot of shit someone else would not have. However they did reign him in when it went too far.

I also happened to be one of the first members in "his" guild when guilds became a thing, until he imploded it. I can't go into it because threads were removed at the time but lets just say it put reality shows to shame, I think petty, bullying, and out right temper tantrums would be putting it mildly.

After he made it implode, and posts were removed on the forums about the drama, and the guild reformed into where I am now, and honestly it is an amazing guild to be in, without him.

Love our guild.

That said, I think POE will be just fine without him. I hope the best for him as an individual in life and if he chooses to come back I hope he is a better person.

You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
Last edited by jadenharrow on Nov 21, 2019, 9:09:02 PM
Dang this is at 44 pages now. Let me add another comment to help everyone out :)
"

He was a spoiled guy playing around with money I highly doubt he earned himself. He had a seriously huge ego coupled with a serious lack of intelligence. I am glad I am not the only long timer who remembers that clearly. I have a feeling many more feel that way but keep silent out of fear of being flamed by his sycophants.

I feel no fear posting here I couldn't care less about people flaming. I never liked him one bit and can't say I think the forums are worse with out him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info