[3.11] Flameblast/Vaal Flameblast Ignite Trickster (EB+MOM)

"
Cheaos wrote:
Looking at the skill tree and it says to take 3 different minion notables and I was wondering why we would take them? Build doesnt use any minions that I can see. Notables are Righteous Army, Spiritual Aid, Lord of the Dead.

Because Spiritual Aid makes all increases to minion damage apply to you. So in fact minion damage becomes source of global damage.
Hey there. Thanks for your build mate, ive been following almost the same tree and gear, and im running juicy t16 and stuff, killing conquerors and sirius quite easily. u can take a look on poe ninja, char named Derchk.
Btw i wonder about really end game stuff. u dont mention that much of this in this forum.
Any clue for real good dps mono boost ? actually i sit near 1m/s ignite dps, and i would like to minmax a bit.
Watcher's E with DOT multi malevolence ?
Storm's gift for chock and Dot ?

"
DArchive wrote:
Hey there. Thanks for your build mate, ive been following almost the same tree and gear, and im running juicy t16 and stuff, killing conquerors and sirius quite easily. u can take a look on poe ninja, char named Derchk.
Btw i wonder about really end game stuff. u dont mention that much of this in this forum.
Any clue for real good dps mono boost ? actually i sit near 1m/s ignite dps, and i would like to minmax a bit.
Watcher's E with DOT multi malevolence ?
Storm's gift for chock and Dot ?

Endgame things that could min-max damage:
- rare crafted staff (I linked one on the first page, but very hard to craft)
- watcher's eye with malevolence dot multi/ailments deal damage faster (or both, but very expensive)
- enemies -fire res mod on helmet ( scorched fossil or warlord influence)
- +2 aoe/ +1 gems corruption on body armour (there is an easy deterministic way of doing it)
- hunter influenced boots can have 'ignites deal damage faster' mod
Last edited by Grozaa on Jul 2, 2020, 8:42:22 AM
Hi, first id like to mention that I am enjoying the build a lot!. I have a tiny question regarding why we do not make use of elemental equilibrium. If I can recall correctly, EE can only be triggered by 'hits', so using something like orb of storms or Storm Brand should be able to trigger EE for Ignite, right?
"
eshwar007 wrote:
Hi, first id like to mention that I am enjoying the build a lot!. I have a tiny question regarding why we do not make use of elemental equilibrium. If I can recall correctly, EE can only be triggered by 'hits', so using something like orb of storms or Storm Brand should be able to trigger EE for Ignite, right?

Technically yes, EE could be incorporated into the build. However, in practice this would only backfire. First of all, applying EE is done best if there is a way to ensure it automatically - with something like trigger socketed spells craft, which obviously can't be used with searing touch. I doubt that trying to cast storm brand manually would be a good idea - probably both tiring and inconsistent. Also, ignite proliferation has such great speed and range that often times EE wouldn't do any good.
The idea of manual casting to trigger EE might still be reasonable in some situations - during bossfights there is enough control and time so that you could actually apply the ignite, then trigger EE and take advantage of that. Of course using EE still requires to actually spend the points to get there. Overall I would say you might try it out, but it's not generally recommended.
Last edited by Grozaa on Jul 5, 2020, 5:45:00 PM
Hey mate!

Great write up and interesting concept. I do have some questions:

I respecc'ed my Fire BV to this cause honestly the fire BV gets insanely old.
I'm using fairly high tier gear, including most of the supports being awakened, a rare staff with +3 to all / 100% fire damage, etc etc.
My flameblast tap is about 7k damage, the ignites aren't spreading and the damage seems very, very low.
I'm using my old explody chest but I can easily swap in a carcass jack. Besides that, any tips?

Character name is Uskal.

Thanks!
"
gtankbr wrote:
Hey mate!

Great write up and interesting concept. I do have some questions:

I respecc'ed my Fire BV to this cause honestly the fire BV gets insanely old.
I'm using fairly high tier gear, including most of the supports being awakened, a rare staff with +3 to all / 100% fire damage, etc etc.
My flameblast tap is about 7k damage, the ignites aren't spreading and the damage seems very, very low.
I'm using my old explody chest but I can easily swap in a carcass jack. Besides that, any tips?

Character name is Uskal.

Thanks!

I can't comment on the DPS given that currently most of the gear of your character is unequiped. What I can say is that corpse destruction (like from explody chest) prevents ignite proliferation, so while build doesn't have to use carcass jack, the chest you are currently using kinda negates the build. Anyways, I could take a further look at your character granted that you equip/link your gear - for now, I can say that two of your awakened support gems are lvl 1 with no quality, and two other support gems are lvl 12/15 with no quality.
I ran it on PoB, the total DPS was about 3.3m at a 10 stages release of Flameblast.

I actually ran into other problems, as in, getting almost one shot by the T16 UGR boss, which was really confusing. I figured the explody chest was causing issues so I tried with a carcass jack and the defenses got a little worse. I didn't expect to be that squishy.

Yeah, some of the supports are low level and the gems have no quality, but the defensive layers of the build seem somewhat lacking while the damage itself seems off. I'm willing to keep trying, but I need some pointers on what to improve (besides gem quality/level of supports).
"
gtankbr wrote:
I ran it on PoB, the total DPS was about 3.3m at a 10 stages release of Flameblast.

I actually ran into other problems, as in, getting almost one shot by the T16 UGR boss, which was really confusing. I figured the explody chest was causing issues so I tried with a carcass jack and the defenses got a little worse. I didn't expect to be that squishy.

Yeah, some of the supports are low level and the gems have no quality, but the defensive layers of the build seem somewhat lacking while the damage itself seems off. I'm willing to keep trying, but I need some pointers on what to improve (besides gem quality/level of supports).

When it comes to damage 3M ignite DPS seems solid to me (there are some limitations how far can you push with those type of DOT builds). Further possibilities to improve damage include watcher's eye with malevolence (dot multi/faster ailments), a better staff (+5 or higher fire dot multi, though that's very hard to get(but if there is ever time to craft something like that's it's with harvest)), +gems/+aoe corruption on carcass jack.
Speaking of defences, it should be mentioned that this build should have a very good time with surviving during map clear(Patient Reaper, Cinderswallow Urn), and during bossing you should rely more on things like ghost shrouds, EB/MOM and also simply getting away from danger(with ignite being source of damage it's enough to apply a big-stage flameblast and run a screen away, while the ignite keeps ticking). Also, your gear tends to be lacking health/ES - you are below 5k HP and below 2k ES, which is far from ideal. Belt could have much more life, and possible also %life/recovery with elder belt, crystal being the best base for the ES implicit. Boots have almost no life at all, and tailwind probably isn't consistent given that this build has no crit investment. Your left ring also lacks some life, and the carcass jack has both life and ES/eva rolls on the low end. Your flasks are not managed well at all - atziri's promise does not improve the ignite dps at all, diamond flask makes no sense, some other flasks are missing affixes and quality. If you are not intending to use soul catcher then I recommend dropping atziri's flask for granite flask, roll freeze immunity on it, and use quicksilver with adrenaline affix.
Doing this build right now as my penultimate league build, as I wanted something that could clear all/most content and do some currency farming before doing a crazy last build for Harvest.

Right now I've hit a bit of a wall, but there's definitely some improvements on gear I could do. However I'm not sure if those improvements would get me enough boosted damage / survivalbility.
In my current state I'm able to do T16 maps relatively easy (still RIP occasionally on bad mods / if i fuck up) and pack clearing is silky smooth. The bosses however can sometimes take a few minutes to kill, and doing any form of 'difficult' content, i.e. Cortex map, Aul, Sirus, you name it, seems out of the question simply because the single target damage is lacking badly. I had a Lioneye encounter on a Legion monolith in one map and it took absolutely ages to get him down.

Like I said, there's a fair bit I can still do to min/max - e.g. I don't have a Watcher's Eye yet, no DoT multiplier rolls on jewels, need 3 or so more levels to get the remaining life nodes for a bit of a HP boost, etc. But is there anything else I'm missing? What improvements on my gear would be the biggest priority right now?

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

POB of char : https://pastebin.com/rb5V0ANv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info