[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Bakkich wrote:
I am of same mind. Im having a blast with this build. Not as far along, but really enjoy the build.

Hope you can find time soon to update it with your tweaks and thoughts. This build is maybe not the strongest in all aspects, but as poeple before me have said, its really balanced and ticks all the boxes for a solid experience. Great work, and i hope you find time to update it to 3.14.

Thanks again for the build Torstein.

We're mostly having a hard time finding a fix for the damage loss. You can still craft claws but the best I've come up with (realistic, not theorical) still incurs at least a 40% DPS loss over generic claws with the double damage mod. I was playing around with ideas for non-influenced claws but even then its at the very least 3-4 ex per claw, for not an insane upgrade over Wasp Nests...
Is it still worth it going for the transcendence version versus the perfect form version? The character plays with an HoAG mana guardian so instead of 50k ish armor it’s pretty easy to get around 200k (grace and determination with aura effect clusters). I’m at the stage where the corrupted 6L is starting to feel limiting and I’m determining how much currency I need to jump to that next step.
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
Bakkich wrote:
I am of same mind. Im having a blast with this build. Not as far along, but really enjoy the build.

Hope you can find time soon to update it with your tweaks and thoughts. This build is maybe not the strongest in all aspects, but as poeple before me have said, its really balanced and ticks all the boxes for a solid experience. Great work, and i hope you find time to update it to 3.14.

We're mostly having a hard time finding a fix for the damage loss. You can still craft claws but the best I've come up with (realistic, not theorical) still incurs at least a 40% DPS loss over generic claws with the double damage mod. I was playing around with ideas for non-influenced claws but even then its at the very least 3-4 ex per claw, for not an insane upgrade over Wasp Nests...

I'm also struggling with this. These are the best I've been able to make after some extensive POB-ing. I realize the elder influence seems completely unnecessary now. I can squeeze out maybe an extra 1-2 million dps if I max out a Hunter claw with perfect mods but this is very frustrating to me. It seems like GGG have basically halved the damage this build is capable of even with what is effectively mirror tier gear, unless there is something I'm missing for how to properly scale the damage.

(Also, the elder "+(51–59)% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison inflicted with this Weapon" is substantially less DPS than the base claw "(41–50)% increased Damage with Poison" as far as I can tell, which is confusing to me, and it appears you can only have ONE of those two mods (either the elder prefix or the poison suffix) on a claw at a given time. If you select one of those the other is greyed out in POB/craft of exile).

These are the best I've been able to manage so far in the current league:

If anyone has ideas for how to better scale the damage with all of the dot changes please let me know.
Should clarify that I don't think this threatens the viability of the build. I'm currently smashing through t16 maps, killed juiced minotaur and a8 sirus so far this league. Working on feared/hidden invitations now.

It's still a great feeling starter and transitions to red maps easier than most other builds I've played... but I can't get the damage to scale much farther than something around 11m in POB (but I may be inputting things incorrectly).
Imo even with a 40% damage loss, it's not killing the build. I mean we have great survability and infinite flasks. We still clear packs easily and it doesn't matter if the boss fight takes a bit more time. You guys have more knowledge than me, do you realy think we cannot do endgame know ? I mean, people love zoom zoom builds nowadays but for people who still have fun with this build, it seems still viable to me.
Last thing: ultimatums are easy mode
Last edited by Gangrelet on Apr 23, 2021, 4:44:49 PM
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:
Is it still worth it going for the transcendence version versus the perfect form version? The character plays with an HoAG mana guardian so instead of 50k ish armor it’s pretty easy to get around 200k (grace and determination with aura effect clusters). I’m at the stage where the corrupted 6L is starting to feel limiting and I’m determining how much currency I need to jump to that next step.

Transcendence version is insanely tanky, but Perfect Form is still good. The Perfect Form version adds some solid defensive layers on top of armor, while transcendence pretty uniquely alters your defense in addition to the layering.

For both, follow the concepts of the build, if you feel squishy you may be missing something.
"
amdilol wrote:
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
Bakkich wrote:

I'm also struggling with this. These are the best I've been able to make after some extensive POB-ing. I realize the elder influence seems completely unnecessary now. I can squeeze out maybe an extra 1-2 million dps if I max out a Hunter claw with perfect mods but this is very frustrating to me. It seems like GGG have basically halved the damage this build is capable of even with what is effectively mirror tier gear, unless there is something I'm missing for how to properly scale the damage.

(Also, the elder "+(51–59)% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison inflicted with this Weapon" is substantially less DPS than the base claw "(41–50)% increased Damage with Poison" as far as I can tell, which is confusing to me, and it appears you can only have ONE of those two mods (either the elder prefix or the poison suffix) on a claw at a given time. If you select one of those the other is greyed out in POB/craft of exile).

If anyone has ideas for how to better scale the damage with all of the dot changes please let me know.

I was theorycrafting something like that. It will cost probably somewhere between 4-8ex depending on harvest craft prices (I really don't know right now what's its like as I skipped the league). You can see my steps on the history pane (open it in new tab for better resolution). When you do remove non-chaos add chaos you can either get increased poison, chaos res or the local flat chaos. If you get flat you can gamble increased poison with aug chaos afterwards, process is the same. If you get chaos res, its up to you if you want to start over.

I also skipped some details at the start. If you hit with essence of zeal you need to get rid of the prefixes with suffixes cannot be changed, or gamble a few remove non-chaos add chaos... Its really shit now... but the result is "ok". Not sure how it compares to fossil spam on elder base with the new mod though.

Alternatively you can also do it with alt spam for attack speed and the flat chaos. Make it rare and gamble an annul to get only the two mods then benchcraft and finish with harvest.
Last edited by Yalpe on Apr 23, 2021, 5:48:31 PM
If I divine my Militant Faith does the "+2 all res per 10 devotion" get rerolled or is it only the "Maxarius-Avarius" and the number that changes?
"
dumptruckzzz wrote:
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:

Transcendence version is insanely tanky, but Perfect Form is still good. The Perfect Form version adds some solid defensive layers on top of armor, while transcendence pretty uniquely alters your defense in addition to the layering.

For both, follow the concepts of the build, if you feel squishy you may be missing something.

I guess what I mean is since T19 100% delirious maps are pretty much a thing of the past as far as profitability, is it worth it to put a character together designed to tank it? I’m probably going to go in the perfect form direction because in a duo the chill prolif helps both of us. Thanks for the help!
"
amdilol wrote:
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
Bakkich wrote:

Hi. Maybe you've noticed already, but PoB still hasn't inputted the elder mod "+(51–59)% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison inflicted with this Weapon". So PoB still can't recognize this mod and thus, doesn't put it into calculations.

I've tried editing "+55% to Damage over Time Multiplier" as a placeholder for the Elder mod into my claws in PoB. I found better results.

Perhaps, it might help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info