[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Like Mot said it's not easy fix, as I thought at first.

Update will have to wait, i can't make any promise. :/
I'm having a hard time figuring where to go next with this build.

Character linked here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Anguyen/characters

Seems like the next best powerspike is the 6 link loreweave but that's very far away. It does feel like I'm lacking damage and survivablity as I head into rare maps. Is there anything I can buy or improve which will smooth out my red mapping.
"
anguyen wrote:

Character linked here.

Seems like the next best powerspike is the 6 link loreweave but that's very far away. It does feel like I'm lacking damage and survivablity as I head into rare maps. Is there anything I can buy or improve which will smooth out my red mapping.
Aside from getting a rare ring instead of one of the Circlets, you would either go for 6L loreweave or craft claws. If you read the last few pages there are no really good claw crafting options at the moment, because GGG removed the elder claw mod + harvest changes make it a very costly endeavour.
"
anguyen wrote:

Character linked here.

If you just want to mess around with the tree/skills, there are a few things I like to do different:

- Drop the claw circle (Claws of the Magpie, Soul Raker) up top and do Swift Venoms and Essence Tap instead

- I like to use Withering Step going into maps, this lets you drop No Witnesses and path through Resourcefulness instead. If you do this, you should be able to drop Revenge of the Hunted

- With those extra points, you can pick up Swagger and Fatal Toxins

Should be a good DPS increase as well as increasing your block chance. You might be able to pick up some life nodes if you need it, but also the possibility of doing either Primal Spirit (int and flask charges) or more block/damage through Blade Barrier.

Also yeah change one of those rings, you could also get some benefits from stygian vise + abyss jewel.

Edit to add that changing to Withering Step means you require less intelligence so you can regain 2 passives. With the ascendancy, you should change your flasks since we're immune to ailments

Last edited by dumptruckzzz on Apr 21, 2021, 6:12:14 PM
Hello! Thank you for this guide! Is it possible to stay with cobra lash? It feels less clunky than other 2 skills. Maybe there is a room for that skill too?

Any advice on tree progression over that skill?
"
crazydvarf wrote:
Hello! Thank you for this guide! Is it possible to stay with cobra lash? It feels less clunky than other 2 skills. Maybe there is a room for that skill too?

Any advice on tree progression over that skill?

Hi, as I said and wrote on the main page, my advice is to skip this build.
It got nerfed heavily in the patch.
Probably not going to invest further and instead save for a new char but to re-iterate - this is a cheap as hell starter. Your damage scales off of density, in a league mechanic that has a lot more mob spawning per second that even ritual it's been good.

Elder Claw crafting for those interested: Corroded + Metallic + Shuddering
Looking for Elder Poison DoT, Flat Chaos, Attack Speed

Craft of exile heavily implies it's much better fossil crafting than essence crafting.

Essence of Envy isn't updated in CoE yet, but asking for T2 Elder Claw Poison DoT Mod and a T3 attack speed. Roughly 1010 tries / 8000c at current prices to hit.

Fossil craft via corroded, metallic and shuddering seems to be cheapest via their calculator. ~51 tries / 1020c at current pricing to hit T3 attack speed, T2 elder poison DoT and flat added chaos.

Otherwise harvest chaos mod spamming but I'd rather use those on cluster or regular jewels.
"
Probably not going to invest further and instead save for a new char but to re-iterate - this is a cheap as hell starter. Your damage scales off of density, in a league mechanic that has a lot more mob spawning per second that even ritual it's been good.

Elder Claw crafting for those interested: Corroded + Metallic + Shuddering
Looking for Elder Poison DoT, Flat Chaos, Attack Speed

Craft of exile heavily implies it's much better fossil crafting than essence crafting.

Essence of Envy isn't updated in CoE yet, but asking for T2 Elder Claw Poison DoT Mod and a T3 attack speed. Roughly 1010 tries / 8000c at current prices to hit.

Fossil craft via corroded, metallic and shuddering seems to be cheapest via their calculator. ~51 tries / 1020c at current pricing to hit T3 attack speed, T2 elder poison DoT and flat added chaos.

Otherwise harvest chaos mod spamming but I'd rather use those on cluster or regular jewels.

Yeah I tried out reap as a starter and hit a wall in maps, moved over to this so I could farm up some currency and it's so great to level and run maps.

So many mods were made easy by harvest that I don't know how long I'm going to stick with it - crafting claws, dot + strike gloves, and dot amulet are going to be rough.
Must agree this build is a great starter!
I didn't wanted to play some meta build (toxic rain, BA, minions, BB...) and i have a lot of fun with this one.
Not the fastest mapper or best boss killer but a very good ballanced character that can do everything good without dying once.
Did this 2 leages ago and killed sirus 8 and uber elder on a lvl 87 char first try without dying (with good stuff).
This league, no problem at all at this point (currently doing t10 maps on a 30c budget: bought 2 wasp, 6 linked corrupted chest and a ring... other things are self found). Will do the transition to transcendance tomorow (got timeless jewel, need loreweave)
I understand that it must be frustrating for Torstein with the nerfs to claw and harvest but i'm sure this build can still do all content.
Torstein, plz plz upgrade your build for 3.14 to let noobs like me have fun with it, don't let this great build with 420 pages comments die :)
Last edited by Gangrelet on Apr 23, 2021, 4:04:06 AM
I am of same mind. Im having a blast with this build. Not as far along, but really enjoy the build.

Hope you can find time soon to update it with your tweaks and thoughts. This build is maybe not the strongest in all aspects, but as poeple before me have said, its really balanced and ticks all the boxes for a solid experience. Great work, and i hope you find time to update it to 3.14.

Thanks again for the build Torstein.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info