[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
indigoBot wrote:
"
Just tested on my setup. If I change to your cluster I lose 7.5% dps but I gain 2 skill points. If you put in 4% increased damage instead of life you get 11.6% more.

Hey, thanks for stopping by. For sure I will test with your clusters later :)

"
Duely noted, you´re right about that. Oversaw that it´s chaos and additional poison mods. Then again, just as a tip: With the 40% inc mod you´re coming pretty close and you can open another slot for it, AND you don´t need the hunter-mod anymore which basically opens implicits. That´s my ring, thats why I am counting that option in general as the better approach:

Oh, I have to agree with you on that one then. That ring of yours does look spicy, will test it later also. But it will be hard to say goodbye to my ring :(

If you do try it, make sure you use at least 10 skill points. I think I removed Heart of Oak to afford it. But that might throw off your stats. That's why I have T2+attribs on my ammy.
"
As far as boots go you need the +2 to chaos gems for to link your withering step setup there and get all 15 stacks in one tap.

While that might be true, having 12 on a tap and other 3 inflicted by the 3 protectors is good enough for me. So no, not needed for build to have 15 wither stacks. Also my herald has a chance to inflict wither on hit, but that is really not necessary, but it proves my point even more.

"
As for my movement flask I use it to quickly clear maps I only use life flask on sirus/ uelder/ the feared. I literally do everything else deathless without it! It's a personal preference for consistency while farming nothing more! I would never say you dont need a life flask!

So now we got to a point where you mention personal preference, funny.
Btw, I would argue that even with t1 movespeed on boots, 10% enchant on them, and elusive buff with quicksilver on top, I am still faster moving across the map with whirling blades with the amount of attack speed I have. Not 100% sure, but I would argue about it.

I am close to not answering your posts anymore, as you don't provide any helpful critique, looks like you are just comparing stuff without thinking.
Last edited by indigoBot on Mar 15, 2021, 11:03:23 AM
"
indigoBot wrote:

Btw, I would argue that even with t1 movespeed on boots, 10% enchant on them, and elusive buff with quicksilver on top, I am still faster moving across the map with whirling blades with the amount of attack speed I have. Not 100% sure, but I would argue about it.

I also agree on T1 speed not being required. Can I ask you something? Did you get that weird interaction where Whirling Blades triggers twice? I've had that happen quite a lot past 10 attacks per second and its soooooooooo annoying. Just wondering if I'm alone.
"
indigoBot wrote:

You said that I am using ms flask to point something about my gear, and I give a VERY obvious reasoning why that is! Are you going to ask me why I have a portal gem also? XD
"
Yalpe wrote:

I also agree on T1 speed not being required. Can I ask you something? Did you get that weird interaction where Whirling Blades triggers twice? I've had that happen quite a lot past 10 attacks per second and its soooooooooo annoying. Just wondering if I'm alone.

What I am doing is simply popping plague bearer then withering step and run through the map. For my setup and how I farm my maps it gives me efficiency. If I can run 3 maps while one runs 1 that's a bonus.
Yes I did encounter that whirling blades bug but that was like a week ago only once or two never again.
Last edited by Orestiada on Mar 15, 2021, 11:13:49 AM
"

Yeah, sometimes, but not that common. I also had a bug in one map where whirling through stopped working, I would just whirl in place. Only happened once though.

"
You said that I am using ms flask to point something about my gear, and I give a VERY obvious reasoning why that is! Are you going to ask me why I have a portal gem also? XD

I also use portal gem. [Removed by Support] I'm not answering your posts anymore. Good luck with everything.
Last edited by JC_GGG on Mar 15, 2021, 11:22:13 AM
As it stands in my pob, on a quick glance,

your large cluster loses me around 2m dps, but that is for sure losing on 20% inc duration doing work. Your large one is better I think.

For the medium one, having oblivion instead of tolerance nets a whopping 6m dps increase, and having it instead of wasting affliction gives approx same results, but that could also be due to 25% increased duration. I'm not swapping on unwaveringly evil though, feels good not getting stunned at all.

It would probably be better to craft single mod items with those passive skills and compare each and every one to see, but I don't have the will for it now. Maybe later, then I post results :)

"
If you do try it, make sure you use at least 10 skill points. I think I removed Heart of Oak to afford it. But that might throw off your stats. That's why I have T2+attribs on my ammy.

I'm not using Oak's, so nothing to throw off my stats :p
"
indigoBot wrote:
As it stands in my pob, on a quick glance,

your large cluster loses me around 2m dps, but that is for sure losing on 20% inc duration doing work. Your large one is better I think.

For the medium one, having oblivion instead of tolerance nets a whopping 6m dps increase, and having it instead of wasting affliction gives approx same results, but that could also be due to 25% increased duration. I'm not swapping on unwaveringly evil though, feels good not getting stunned at all.

It would probably be better to craft single mod items with those passive skills and compare each and every one to see, but I don't have the will for it now. Maybe later, then I post results :)

"

I'm not using Oak's, so nothing to throw off my stats :p

Interesting. I tried a simulacrum once with a low tolerance/unspeakable gift (thanks Torstein :P). The clear was a lot better at the time. I think that after a certain damage threshold, low tolerance doesn't matter quite as much. You only need to phase white mobs so they start the prolif chain (better on pestilent strike than viper). If you're using viper strike for mapping then maybe low tolerance is better.

I think the difference is that you are using swift venoms. That's where the extra points went. Its probably a good alternative before 99/100. My setup is not viable before then, maybe even after? Idk honestly. We're past the point where more damage matters.
Last edited by Yalpe on Mar 15, 2021, 11:43:38 AM
"
indigoBot wrote:
My gear:

Spoiler
Claws - my pride and joy
Spoiler

Nothing special, but I probably crafted 10 claws this league, improving on the old ones all the time

Boots
Spoiler

Probably could be divined to squeeze just a little bit more dps

Gloves
Spoiler

Another triple elevated piece of gear, I will miss harvest..

Helmet
Spoiler

I searched for first month of league for armor base with wither enchant, got laughed at in tft discord for not settling for hubris, had to settle for one.. Until few days ago when this base popped on market! One of the last pieces of the puzzle.

Body
Spoiler

+1 Loreweave, nothing really special, could not find +3 one, and I corrupted exactly 96 loreweaves in temple before I eventually gave up.

Belt
Spoiler

No story, just a good belt.

Jewelry
Spoiler

Other than swapping attack speed from ring to amulet for better roll, nothing more could be done. Decided to craft on cogwork base because we are tight on suffixes throughout the gear.
Circle of nostalgia lost me so much divines I stopped counting. I was tight on chaos resists so I had to divine it better, that was before I hit t1 chaos res on belt. Wanted to rip my hair out.

Jewels
Spoiler

After I found one synth claw base in ritual, bought other bases and crafted on them, except from abyss one that has blind implicit. Pretty easy to craft with shuddering fossils and finishing up with harvest. Funny story, I actually hit the abyss jewel prefixes on first alchemy orb.

Cluster jewels
Spoiler

Still rolling implicits on those with harvest, hoping to hit movespeed, after I got the stun immunity to chaos skills.

Watcher's eye
Spoiler

Not sure if the blind part even works as we use only vaal grace, but elder give, I take.

Flasks
Spoiler

Standard setup, now looking at it, could be divined I guess.

Random stuff
Spoiler

Along with Sadima's Touch, Goldwyrm, pair of nice ventor rings and quantity talisman, with poison sextant mod, for magic find in 100% delirium maps party

Great gear, some pieces are insane (synth. jewels).
Some pieces I am a bit disappointed with:
- Circlet implicit besides onslaught
- Watcher's Eye
- Flasks (Avengers Quartz!? // Non-perfect Unique Flasks)
"
Interesting. I tried a simulacrum once with a low tolerance/unspeakable gift (thanks Torstein :P). The clear was a lot better at the time. I think that after a certain damage threshold, low tolerance doesn't matter quite as much. You only need to phase white mobs so they start the prolif chain (better on pestilent strike than viper). If you're using viper strike for mapping then maybe low tolerance is better.

It is mostly 8% multiplier, nothing more. solid for one point, but could be better alternatives perhaps. I see no reason to use viper for mapping, pest prolifs so much better, on multiple packs.

"
We're past the point where more damage matters.

Yep

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info