[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Just did a Simulacrum with my new Cluster Jewel setup. Here is wave 18-20. I'm not 100% sure I can tell a difference, but I think Kosis died faster. Lol, he's just another minion at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUliB1R7xI

I have one I taped yest without the jewels, too.
Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 28, 2020, 10:45:53 PM
@Destructodave

Hey, not sure if you remember me from Jugg moltenstrike build forum but,
I got the chance to start this build and you are right.
Way more dmg and even better survivability with this build so thank you for bringing me to this build.
I also have couple of questions,

Noticed people use viper strike with melee splash instead of Pestlient strike.
Also noticed if you use viper strike dps drops and attack speed drops as well in game.
I havnt went in to poe to see the dps comparison in these two skills but would you care to explain which one is better is dps wise? (Clear speed seems to be the same with melee splash)

Also if you can look at my gear and see if its okay. Looked at your profile and did my own twist on it.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings,

Back to the game after 4 years break, i've been using the build to get familiar with all the new mechanics so i'm here to drop thanks because i'm enjoying it and the guide was well made, one can tell you put efforts into it and i appreciate it and wanted to thank you personnaly ;)

Bravo!

There is just one thing, i don't really get cluster jewels, is there a way to see those in PoB?

:>

"
Destructodave wrote:
Just did a Simulacrum with my new Cluster Jewel setup. Here is wave 18-20. I'm not 100% sure I can tell a difference, but I think Kosis died faster. Lol, he's just another minion at this point.

Looks great, but, real benchmark would be without HH.
You are clearing in every wave 3 fold, with splash, prolif and 5% life chaos explosions you get from HH (that squeaky sound).

"
Xenark wrote:
Greetings,

Back to the game after 4 years break, i've been using the build to get familiar with all the new mechanics so i'm here to drop thanks because i'm enjoying it and the guide was well made, one can tell you put efforts into it and i appreciate it and wanted to thank you personnaly ;)

Bravo!

There is just one thing, i don't really get cluster jewels, is there a way to see those in PoB?

:>

Tyvm :) <3

Download Forked PoB from this page
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/wiki/Installing-this-Fork

It has support for clusters and everything original one doesn't have.
"
"
Destructodave wrote:

Looks great, but, real benchmark would be without HH.
You are clearing in every wave 3 fold, with splash, prolif and 5% life chaos explosions you get from HH (that squeaky sound).

The explosions are coming from Cluster Jewel: Unspeakable Gifts. Its actually 10% chance to do 25% max life chaos explosion.
Interesting :)
"
@Destructodave

Hey, not sure if you remember me from Jugg moltenstrike build forum but,
I got the chance to start this build and you are right.
Way more dmg and even better survivability with this build so thank you for bringing me to this build.
I also have couple of questions,

Noticed people use viper strike with melee splash instead of Pestlient strike.
Also noticed if you use viper strike dps drops and attack speed drops as well in game.
I havnt went in to poe to see the dps comparison in these two skills but would you care to explain which one is better is dps wise? (Clear speed seems to be the same with melee splash)

Also if you can look at my gear and see if its okay. Looked at your profile and did my own twist on it.
Thanks in advance.

Hey, yea I remember. I still play him to Delve when I max out my Sulphite, cause hes just much safer there(with Nebulochs at least), and I'll have to kill Sirius this time with him because I got too much XP on Pathfinder to throw it away whirling into a cloud. I've killed him deathless quite a bit, but I seem to always die the most when I'm about to level.

The reason I think they play Viper wish Splash, is just becuase this is such a rippy league. If this was Blight or something who cares about life on hit. You stab the first mob in the line with Pestilent strike and wipe them out, and the rest of the map is just drab and easy anyways. You dont have this kind of map density beating on you in at least the last 2 leagues. Just think about this league compared to Blight and Meta. I've already said the next league is probably going to be incredibly boring becuase we will go back to non-Delirium mapping. Just look at the feel of a unique map, compared to a good delirium one. I dont even know if I'll play next league cause of that.

Also, that safety feeling is the reason I play it. Its hard to die unless one of those grey meteors 1 shot me with the thousands of life on hit you get from Splashing dual striking claws. After that, you eventually reach a point where the DPS dont matter you can kill everything with anything, except for bosses, which Viper is better. Then you just play whichever one you think is faster or feels better or more fun or does what you want. I think they are pretty much the same. I wanted to get over my lvl 96 hump so I went back to Viper wish Splash, and now I'm at 75%.

And, I mean the damage ain't bad. I do 12m Mapping damage with Melee Splash in. So, I mean the splash is 7.5m damage. And then strong cluster nodes that dont directly show on that damage sheet.(Explosions/Low Tolerance).

On gear, well I mean you got a HH dude you good to go.

I started off the league unable to play Pestilent. It just ran awful. As soon as I started stacking poisons on a mob it would drop me into the 20 fps/freeze frame range. Freeze all the time, etc. They have since tweaked the league mechanic so its not so laggy. So I played primarily Viper Strike with Splash into the 90s. Then, I started wanting to 4-5 orb maps, and well Viper did not have as good clear, at the time, in those. So I swapped back to Pestilent. But since then, Ive added a bunch of stuff. Tons of damage, cluster jewels with explosions, double low tolerance, etc. Now, the damage feels way better, and the survivability is better, so thats why I'm back to playing it.

I die more playing Pestilent, I die way less playing Viper. I feel Viper's clearspeed, at least for me in my current gear, is as good as Pestilent, with extra survivability and better single target damage. I mean with Awakened Melee Splash, and +1 strike skills on gloves and neck, and prolif, it will hit the whole screen. Its more a matter of if it will kill it. It does for me. It feels way more like I'm playing Infernal Blow than Viper strike, if I'm being honest. I know this is a giant wall of text, lol.
Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 29, 2020, 6:14:12 AM
"
Interesting :)

Yea 10% dont sound like much, but it happens way more than you think, and prolif/splash helps carry it out there, like Pestilent Strike, lol. I spent a fortune to play another skill, like Pestilent Strike.

And, it comes on a Large Cluster that gives like 90% chaos damage, too, so its blowing up more than 25% damage.

I actually played around in PoB with removing the rest of the dps nodes on the tree to see if another set of clusters would be better. Numbers wise, its not. But, a lot of the stuff that clusters give, don't really show up in PoB numbers, so I'd just have to invest in some and see.

It may be something I try. Id really like to stack double large nodes to see what the explosions were like. I seriously doubt they are gonna let us stack clusters next league. I just feel like thats one of the nerfs thats gonna happen. So, if I wanna try out 20% chance to do 50% mob life as chaos damage explosions, with 180% more chaos dmg, better try it now. Or triple/quad Low Tolerance jewels, etc.
Love your build! Have a quick noob question though. Im using pestilent strike and having an issue with mana. In your video it looks like youre using blood magic for pestilent but in the guide you run PT in the 6L armor without it. So with malevolence, agony, spider and such Im stuck with 122 mana and semi decent regen but on the tougher end game stuff its not enough to hold up against. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info