[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
trybus wrote:
https://pastebin.com/03uYL75A

here's where im at right now

so far all investments have been pretty small, im actually clearing up to t16 just fine but i'm starting to have issues bossing (esp hunter lol)

time to make relatively bigger investments
my considerations rn are:
- amulet w/ chaos damage over time
- circle of nostalgia, replace other rares to round out resist deficit
- redo passive tree to insert cluster jewel(s)
- anything else im not thinking of?

this is my first char that got to maps so any guidance helps

also please let me know how to attach items if not just linking pastebin, lmao

If you have issues with Hunter you probably did not take Shakali (with the poison immunity upgrade) as your pantheon. Check that first.
"
Corioliss wrote:
"
blastinMot wrote:
"
Corioliss wrote:
Ok seriously, what the hell is up with the helmets now. This "Nearby enemies have -9% to chaos resistance" became RIDICULOUSLY rare.

I spent another 45ex on Pristine/Aberrant Fossils and Resonators, trying to get myself a better helmet, since I need one with 2 Resistances now (wearing Headhunter leaves you a little low on Resist).

This is the best I've gotten:
45ex seems a little excessive. The cold res is pretty good though.
If you need cold or fire res, I'd try with 3 sockets resonators and scorching/frigid fossil added.
Or do the alteration + regal method and multimod.

I did try it with Alts as well. Spent the 2k Alts i had lying around, didn't hit the -9% Chaos resist once. Seems like i got really lucky the first time i tried. Hit it twice in 400 Alts there.

3 Socket Resonators are even more expensive than the 2 Socket ones, I don't know if the slightly higher chance of a good outcome is worth it. Chances for a resistance roll are decently high anyway. Problem is you need a high life roll and a free suffix to craft another resist on top of that.
Maybe I'm asking too much from an Item, but I really don't see another solution to my resist problem exept getting rid of the Fenumus Weave for Rare Gloves with resist. But the damage loss there is far greater than just wearing a helmet without the Minus Chaos Resist.

"
Ahemix wrote:
Hi, thank you so much for your build,

- swap jade flask of reflexes for rumi's concoction (+25% block chance and 13% spell )

Swapping out the Jade Flask is definitely the wrong call, the whole defense concept of this build is based on that flask. Iron Reflexes turns all that Evasion into Armor, which makes your Molten Shell so big and gives you huge phys reduction.

If you want to work in Rumi's Concoction you'll have to either get rid of the Silver/Quicksilver Flask or the Witchfire Brew and get Curse Despair on Hit on Ring or Gloves.

There are some people who removes fenumus and uses rare gloves with chaos damage over time and strike skills attack one additional target. You can take additional resists from that slot as well. I have not checked how much dps you lose this way but there are a number of players choosing this route on poe ninja. This might be a solution for you and you can focus on high life and a single resist on your helm slot.
I'm also getting 1 shot when Molten Shell is not active. Has anyone had any luck with other alternatives? Maybe grabbing Endurance charge on kill on boots or something to help with this?
"
I'm also getting 1 shot when Molten Shell is not active. Has anyone had any luck with other alternatives? Maybe grabbing Endurance charge on kill on boots or something to help with this?

I run Enduring Composure for endurance charge on being hit.

I decided not to take Fenumus Weave and go with +1 strike to free up the annoint on the ammy for Soul of Steel (more mitigation when flasks are offline). If you have dot multi you lose ~7% IIRC. You need to craft Aspect of the Spider elsewhere too. I put it on a claw as there is less contention on suffixes (annuled).

Also make sure you keep fortify online with Whirling Blade.
Last edited by Yalpe on Apr 7, 2020, 1:00:10 PM
Hello again, still on the helmet thing here.

10 more ex invested into Fossils and Incubators I hit the exact same thing i already had again (T5 Life/T1 Cold Resist/Nearby Enemies have -9% to chaos resist/open Suffix).

Since i had a backup now i decided to yolo it this time crafted "Suffixes can't be changed" Scoured the prefixes, Exalt slammed it, and actually hit T1 Life on the fist try:

So, since this is pretty much the dream helmet for this build I believe (and since i sunk more than 60 ex into crafting it at this point) I really do not wanna screw up the further crafting process.
3 Crafted Modifiers is not an option, since that is a suffix itself, and the suffixes are perfect the way they are (Nearby enemies -9% Chaos, double Ele Resistance).

My approach would be just double exalt slamming it now, hoping to get another helpful prefix (Maybe some Strength, Int or increased Evasion Rating).
Is that the right choice, or is there a better thing to do with this base now?
Thanks for input.
I think increased fortify effect would be a better suffix but that's a very nice helmet regardless.
"
Corioliss wrote:

10 more ex invested into Fossils and Incubators I hit the exact same thing i already had again (T5 Life/T1 Cold Resist/Nearby Enemies have -9% to chaos resist/open Suffix).

Since i had a backup now i decided to yolo it this time crafted "Suffixes can't be changed" Scoured the prefixes, Exalt slammed it, and actually hit T1 Life on the fist try:

So, since this is pretty much the dream helmet for this build I believe (and since i sunk more than 60 ex into crafting it at this point) I really do not wanna screw up the further crafting process.
3 Crafted Modifiers is not an option, since that is a suffix itself, and the suffixes are perfect the way they are (Nearby enemies -9% Chaos, double Ele Resistance).

My approach would be just double exalt slamming it now, hoping to get another helpful prefix (Maybe some Strength, Int or increased Evasion Rating).
Thanks for input.

Grats on the helmet! Anyway i feel so bad you spent so much currency. I was crafting those helmets like with 10-15 tries on average before this league. Even gifted some top ones and claws to players. I'm still spinning from what you invested... Slamming something good now would be pure luck (can't slam attributes, they are suffix).

Anyway that's done now.

I see you are using old gem setup from previous league with Vortex. New one is better with culling strike on HoA. Makes a difference vs Conquerors or A8 Sirus.
Faster Attacks on Whirling are not needed with such good claws. Speed even gets uncontrollable.

ps
Just checked. Mod is 8x rarer now than in previous league. I think ill have to remove it from the guide. Pretty bullshit they've done.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 7, 2020, 9:14:24 PM
I bought my helmet for 10ex early on, I thought it was expensive but I guess not...
"
"
Corioliss wrote:

Thanks for input.

Grats on the helmet! Anyway i feel so bad you spent so much currency. I was crafting those helmets like with 10-15 tries on average before this league. Even gifted some top ones and claws to players. I'm still spinning from what you invested... Slamming something good now would be pure luck (can't slam attributes, they are suffix).

Anyway that's done now.

I see you are using old gem setup from previous league with Vortex. New one is better with culling strike on HoA. Makes a difference vs Conquerors or A8 Sirus.
Faster Attacks on Whirling are not needed with such good claws. Speed even gets uncontrollable.

ps
Just checked. Mod is 8x rarer now than in previous league. I think ill have to remove it from the guide. Pretty bullshit they've done.

I know about the Gem Setup. Helmet crafting has left me completely drained of currency currently, but the Enlighten level 4 is my next planned investment so I can work in Culling Strike, even though I don't really need it. Sirus melts in a few seconds anyway, especially since I got the awakened Multistrike. PoB calculates it as only 700k DPS more than normal Multistrike, but it feels like way more than that.

I probably will still keep some sort of CWDT Setup though (maybe Lightning Golem or something?), your suggested Gem Setup is just WAY too many buttons to press for me, getting hectic just gets me killed, so I prefer to keep it simple.

You're right about the Attributes thing. So I guess the only good option would be increased Evasion Rating there. Maybe I'll try my luck and slam when I have some currency back, but currently there are no prefixes I desperately need.

Thanks again very much for the Guide Torstein, this build perfectly captures what I love to play most in RPGs (quick, deadly and agile Assassin style), while absolutely cruising through the endgame.
"
"
Corioliss wrote:

Thanks for input.

Anyway that's done now.

ps

I crafted a couple and it did not seem that hard to get a useable -9 helmet.

Getting one like he has is quite hard, but getting one with life, -9, and possibly can craft 1 resist I dont think is all that bad. Says 1 in 47 chance, avg of 242 chaos for 70+ life and -9.

I dont think you should remove the helmet from the guide. People just have to be realistic in what they expect. Getting open prefix for 20/20 or 35 is good enough for most people and shouldn't cost them too much currency.

He got incredibly unlucky, IMO, and he was chasing a really end-game roll, too. I think where people will get into trouble is chasing resists. Just be happy with being able to roll one onto it, and it should be ok.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info