[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

So I am reaching the point where my gear is pretty good. The clearspeed is pretty insane with explody jewel. Survivability is still an issue when MS is on cooldown. I'll try to reach scion life cluster nodes to help me not get one shot.
Ok seriously, what the hell is up with the helmets now. This "Nearby enemies have -9% to chaos resistance" became RIDICULOUSLY rare.

I spent another 45ex on Pristine/Aberrant Fossils and Resonators, trying to get myself a better helmet, since I need one with 2 Resistances now (wearing Headhunter leaves you a little low on Resist).

This is the best I've gotten:

Went with the Blood Rage enchant now, so I can wear the same helmet for Viper Strike for Sirus.

I'm not remotely content with the tier 5 life roll, but I'm seriously considering calling it a day on that.

The other option would be crafting "Suffixes can't be changed", Scouring, and trying to exalt slam a higher life roll. Anyone can tell me if this is a good idea?

Also does anyone know how to edit the PoB for the correct Awakened Multistrike calculation? Assuming it's higher than the 22% from normal Multistrike
"
Corioliss wrote:
Ok seriously, what the hell is up with the helmets now. This "Nearby enemies have -9% to chaos resistance" became RIDICULOUSLY rare.

I spent another 45ex on Pristine/Aberrant Fossils and Resonators, trying to get myself a better helmet, since I need one with 2 Resistances now (wearing Headhunter leaves you a little low on Resist).

45ex seems a little excessive. The cold res is pretty good though.
If you need cold or fire res, I'd try with 3 sockets resonators and scorching/frigid fossil added.
Or do the alteration + regal method and multimod.
Hi, thank you so much for your build,

i give this build a shot on my friend's account with cobra lash, and now i'm doing this since yesterday on my account with pestilant strike and it's just an excellent all rounder build,

i just change 2 things about the build :

- swap jade flask of reflexes for rumi's concoction (+25% block chance and 13% spell )
- exchange 3 small life nodes for swagger and block nodes (endurance and frenzy charge on block (10% chance))

With this i loose about 250 life and 14 % physical reduction (27% exactly but i generate endurances charges on block)
but i reach 75% block chance et 13% spell block chance and for me it's wonderfull, i do so lot of mistakes sometimes so it's help me so much ^^'

and the "near 100% flask uptime" is my drug for now... really x')

it scale naturally, the leveling is pretty smooth, we can reach about 4-5M dps in a "budget" gearing and it feel like "the sky is the limit" for improvement gearing

Thanks a lot for your work and share !
"
blastinMot wrote:
"
Corioliss wrote:

45ex seems a little excessive. The cold res is pretty good though.
If you need cold or fire res, I'd try with 3 sockets resonators and scorching/frigid fossil added.
Or do the alteration + regal method and multimod.

I did try it with Alts as well. Spent the 2k Alts i had lying around, didn't hit the -9% Chaos resist once. Seems like i got really lucky the first time i tried. Hit it twice in 400 Alts there.

3 Socket Resonators are even more expensive than the 2 Socket ones, I don't know if the slightly higher chance of a good outcome is worth it. Chances for a resistance roll are decently high anyway. Problem is you need a high life roll and a free suffix to craft another resist on top of that.
Maybe I'm asking too much from an Item, but I really don't see another solution to my resist problem exept getting rid of the Fenumus Weave for Rare Gloves with resist. But the damage loss there is far greater than just wearing a helmet without the Minus Chaos Resist.

"
Ahemix wrote:
Hi, thank you so much for your build,

- swap jade flask of reflexes for rumi's concoction (+25% block chance and 13% spell )

Swapping out the Jade Flask is definitely the wrong call, the whole defense concept of this build is based on that flask. Iron Reflexes turns all that Evasion into Armor, which makes your Molten Shell so big and gives you huge phys reduction.

If you want to work in Rumi's Concoction you'll have to either get rid of the Silver/Quicksilver Flask or the Witchfire Brew and get Curse Despair on Hit on Ring or Gloves.
Last edited by Corioliss on Apr 6, 2020, 12:24:58 PM
"
If you want to work in Rumi's Concoction you'll have to either get rid of the Silver/Quicksilver Flask

I will try this one my actual character and switch "of reflexes" for "of warding" on the jade flask, don't want to touch witchfire brew and really don't want to remove rumi's, so so strong for mapping to have 75% block ^^'
You can get onslaught on boots. Craft it with prismatic, pristine and lucent (block move speed). If you want better rolls run sanctified. Then craft move speed + onslaught on kill and ditch the silver flask. I also took less than 10 enchanted fossil to get 16% attack speed on kill. You can also get it on jewels though.

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=40&m=fossil&f=|11|12|9|&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&req={%22678%22:{%22l%22:50,%22g%22:1},%221588%22:{%22l%22:48,%22g%22:2},%221735%22:{%22l%22:36,%22g%22:1},%221925%22:{%22l%22:49,%22g%22:3}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

Edit: I get a ton more armour from "Iron Skin" than Reflexes. Did I miss something?
Last edited by Yalpe on Apr 6, 2020, 2:32:22 PM
"
Corioliss wrote:

Went with the Blood Rage enchant now, so I can wear the same helmet for Viper Strike for Sirus.

I'm not remotely content with the tier 5 life roll, but I'm seriously considering calling it a day on that.

The other option would be crafting "Suffixes can't be changed", Scouring, and trying to exalt slam a higher life roll. Anyone can tell me if this is a good idea?

Also does anyone know how to edit the PoB for the correct Awakened Multistrike calculation? Assuming it's higher than the 22% from normal Multistrike

I dont think its that rare. You just hit a bad stretch. Hell, I'd have probably sold that helmet out of superstition if I rolled a couple exalt on it with no luck.

I rolled 2; one was perfect for Poison Blade Vortex so I had to sell it, and then I got this one and it was good enough:

Yours has more resist. I also went with bloodrage for the same reason, and because it was simming higher in PoB, and it seemed easier to get blood rage helms cheaper.

It seemed pretty easy to craft good ones, to the point I could probably make money doing it if not for getting the bases. I think craft of exile only has it as like 1/47 or something for 70+ life and -9...but getting really good resists is asking alot. I didnt spend anything at all and got 2 pretty easy. One was good for blade vortex(had phys and chaos dmg on it) and I sold that one off, then this one after a few tries.

I'm also wearing a HH, I know the resist pain. I had to use 3 points into the Survivor resist cluster to tide me over until I get better jewels and/or higher resists on other pieces.

I think you just got really unlucky on your rolls, tbh. 45 exalt worth of rolls is a ton, lol. I probably spent less than 1 to get 2 life rolled -9 ones. I know its all anecdotal, but even craft of exile has it at about 270 chaos cost to get 70+ life and -9. Then getting a semi-good resist would just be a bonus. Unfortunately you cannot select for any resist on that site, so picking a single resist makes it like 1/600, but I imagine its far less than that if you just need ANY resist. And thats at about 3200 chaos. Id say getting fire or cold would probably move that way down.
https://pastebin.com/03uYL75A

here's where im at right now

so far all investments have been pretty small, im actually clearing up to t16 just fine but i'm starting to have issues bossing (esp hunter lol)

time to make relatively bigger investments
my considerations rn are:
- amulet w/ chaos damage over time
- circle of nostalgia, replace other rares to round out resist deficit
- redo passive tree to insert cluster jewel(s)
- anything else im not thinking of?

this is my first char that got to maps so any guidance helps

also please let me know how to attach items if not just linking pastebin, lmao
Last edited by trybus on Apr 6, 2020, 10:10:49 PM
I made some room and added a 8 passive large jewel.

I did a 5 orb beyond delirium map, and while pestilent was okish on clearing, I felt way more close to dying than with Viper; but Pestilent clears pretty decent.

So I added a Large jewel with Unspeakable Gifts for 10% chance at explosions to maybe make up for pestilent explosions. Feels pretty good, damage seems to have went way up adding a 113% chaos dmg cluster. I had to cut some HP nodes and one dps node but overall damage went up quite a bit, and the delirium map felt good, too.

So, I'm using a Large, a medium, and a small. Large has unspeakable gifts, unwaveringly evil, wicked Pall. Medium has Brush with Death, Exposure Therapy. Small has Enduring Composure.

I cant seem to link them or I wouldnt have typed it out. I'll orb up another map soon and give it a go and see how the explosions help. Now that I have unwaveringly evil, I can probably get a better boot enchant. Not getting stunned seems pretty key in big delirium maps and Simulacrum. So far the large jewel felt pretty good in Simulacrum. The little explosions helped.

I need to get 2 jewels with some resists on them and I can get back the life I gave up to fit a large jewel in. Currently stuck using Survivalist to squeak above 75, but I'm not ele weakness capped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info