[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Also with pestilent strike i noticed that Awakened unbound ailments seems better than vile toxin
I don't know if I'm making mechanical mistakes but I am still dying occasionally. I don't know how I can improve my defenses further. For example, I usually die twice at least to the hunter and at least three times to Veritania. Drox is fine and the other guy is butt clenching but I can usually handle him. Right now I have to wait until my level is done before I do the conquerors... Its quite annoying...
Hello,
I've been enjoying this build greatly, it has been my leaguestarter for Delirium and so far I've cleared all content exept for uber elder with it (I still don't understand the fight, it's only my second league playing).

However I have a question about the helmet used.

So far I have been using this
and it's working perfectly fine, but trying to push the build further I tried to craft myself a "Nearby enemies have -9% to chaos resistance" helmet.

Bought a base (Ilvl 86 Regicide Mask with 40% Pestilent Strike Damage), slammed Hunter's Exalted Orb onto it, then started fossil crafting with Corroded and Pristine Fossils.

After 120 tries I only got the -9% chaos resistance mod 3 times, never with anything else that was any good.

Then I tried to simulate the craft using craftofexile.com to see if I was just unlucky or if it's actually really unlikely.

Well, according to craftofexile the chance to hit -9% Chaos resist, t2 life and Cold or Fire Resist is 0.112%. That's 891 tries on average to get.

Here's my simulation: http://www.craftofexile.com/?b=57&bi=4571&m=fossil&f=|1|12|&i=|5|&lv=86&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&req={"678":{"l":60,"g":1},"1549":{"l":85,"g":2},"1735":{"l":54,"g":1}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

With the current prices that comes out to:
891c for the Pristine Fossils
446c for the Aberrant Fossils
2673c for the Potent Chaotic Resonators.
=> 4010c => 34ex

And that's only the single item prices, probably higher if bought in bulk.

Plus ~2.5ex for a Hunter's Exalted Orb and ~1ex for a base is 37ex on average for a helmet. (More like 45-50 if you buy crafting mats in bulk)

That seems kinda high. So is there any easier way to get a helmet like this? Are the rolls maybe more likely on another base?
Appreciate any help here, I really can't be bothered rolling this helmet 890 times.
It was very hard for me to roll the -9% chaos as well, I don't remember if I ended up using alts or just primitive resonator aberrant for it.
I bought it crafted for 10ex. I wanted to recraft it but you're making me nervous.
Ok, Alt spamming, was definitely the right call, that was ridiculously easy

Maybe you should consider changing the crafting section in the guide, alt spamming seems to be much more reasonable than fossil crafting for the helmet.
"
Corioliss wrote:
Hello,
I've been enjoying this build greatly, it has been my leaguestarter for Delirium and so far I've cleared all content exept for uber elder with it (I still don't understand the fight, it's only my second league playing).

However I have a question about the helmet used.

So far I have been using this
and it's working perfectly fine, but trying to push the build further I tried to craft myself a "Nearby enemies have -9% to chaos resistance" helmet.

Bought a base (Ilvl 86 Regicide Mask with 40% Pestilent Strike Damage), slammed Hunter's Exalted Orb onto it, then started fossil crafting with Corroded and Pristine Fossils.

After 120 tries I only got the -9% chaos resistance mod 3 times, never with anything else that was any good.

Then I tried to simulate the craft using craftofexile.com to see if I was just unlucky or if it's actually really unlikely.

Well, according to craftofexile the chance to hit -9% Chaos resist, t2 life and Cold or Fire Resist is 0.112%. That's 891 tries on average to get.

Here's my simulation: http://www.craftofexile.com/?b=57&bi=4571&m=fossil&f=|1|12|&i=|5|&lv=86&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&req={"678":{"l":60,"g":1},"1549":{"l":85,"g":2},"1735":{"l":54,"g":1}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

With the current prices that comes out to:
891c for the Pristine Fossils
446c for the Aberrant Fossils
2673c for the Potent Chaotic Resonators.
=> 4010c => 34ex

And that's only the single item prices, probably higher if bought in bulk.

Plus ~2.5ex for a Hunter's Exalted Orb and ~1ex for a base is 37ex on average for a helmet. (More like 45-50 if you buy crafting mats in bulk)

That seems kinda high. So is there any easier way to get a helmet like this? Are the rolls maybe more likely on another base?
Appreciate any help here, I really can't be bothered rolling this helmet 890 times.

It's not worth chasing that anymore. It went from something that was very easy to get to absurdly expensive. They need to adjust this to make it somewhere in between. Or at least make mod available on more than one base (like elder or shaper). Also unless you're chasing an absolutely perfect helm I'd just keep hitting it with cheap aberrant fossils or even the life essences since it's way cheaper and you may get lucky. That's what I plan on doing should I feel the need to make it. The one I made last season was just by hitting it with aberrant fossil. Unless they changed the weighting (which from your stats it looks like they have) it used to show up every other fossil.
Ya looks like nearby enemies have -9 chaos resistance comes up around 8% of the time. Life around 35% from the sims I ran. Might get lucky with some resists who knows. That's using solely an aberrant fossil. Adding pristine brings life up a bit and you'll get better rolls potentially too. I'd honestly just spam like 40 aberrant fossils and see what you get. That's a pretty cheap test.
Two simulacrums in a row I roll 40% chaos res on wave 20, what the hell. I always go 0 death until wave 20 then it just feels unbeatable
"
unhappymeal wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
biaxx wrote:
Hi i have 1 question why add chaos damaga but no unbound ailments for viper strike ?

I use it with Viper strike because there is an awakened gem for it, and looking at all the people playing Viper on PoE.ninja they use it, too. I use it in place of Vile Toxins.

For the most part it doesnt seem to matter what I do mapping; they all die super fast anyways. 1 swing from Viper and they blow up. But, I'm sure unbound is better on bosses; I may be wrong. Its hard to even tell. My poison duration goes from 9 seconds with Vile Toxins to 11.20 seconds with A.Unbound Ailments.

I dunno which is better on bosses, but mapping it doesnt seem to matter so I use unbound to level it; its worth currency maxed out anyways incase I'm wrong.

3.2 seconds duration increase really doesnt seem to be that big of a deal.

Do you use Ancestral Call when mapping or just let your poison proliferation do the job?

Also, how are the Cobra Lash guys finding their survivability? I imagine it would be higher due to being ranged and making it easier to clear/dodge before stuff hits you.

I have no issues with survivability, but probably because my gear is pretty nutty with a lot of defense. 5.3k HP, 3 Endurance Charges, 40% Block, 49k Armor w/ flasks which equals to 29k Vaal Molten Shell, Fortify, CWDT + Immortal Call, Immune to Corrupted Blood & Maim. Blind & Hinder applied onto enemies which gives me an additional 50% Evade.

Last edited by qawsican on Mar 28, 2020, 9:41:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info