[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
unhappymeal wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
biaxx wrote:
Hi i have 1 question why add chaos damaga but no unbound ailments for viper strike ?

I use it with Viper strike because there is an awakened gem for it, and looking at all the people playing Viper on PoE.ninja they use it, too. I use it in place of Vile Toxins.

For the most part it doesnt seem to matter what I do mapping; they all die super fast anyways. 1 swing from Viper and they blow up. But, I'm sure unbound is better on bosses; I may be wrong. Its hard to even tell. My poison duration goes from 9 seconds with Vile Toxins to 11.20 seconds with A.Unbound Ailments.

I dunno which is better on bosses, but mapping it doesnt seem to matter so I use unbound to level it; its worth currency maxed out anyways incase I'm wrong.

3.2 seconds duration increase really doesnt seem to be that big of a deal.

Do you use Ancestral Call when mapping or just let your poison proliferation do the job?

Also, how are the Cobra Lash guys finding their survivability? I imagine it would be higher due to being ranged and making it easier to clear/dodge before stuff hits you.

I currently use Multi-strike. I just like the faster attack. You have more screen clear area with ancestor's call, but when you run into rares and bosses it doesnt feel that good. I dont even really change gems out for bosses with multistrike in there unless its like a sirius or elderslayer. Also, feel a bit more tanky with faster leech/onhit. Or at least it just feels better to play with attack speed.

I've thought about putting tribal fury on my amulet. I use +1 strike gloves, and corruption annointment, but ancestral call clear area feels good, but attacks slow. I may put tribal fury on amulet to split the difference. I swap them in and out from time to time tho. On easy stuff ancestral call feels good, on harder stuff multistrike does.

But for the most part its multistrike becuase I dont like swapping gems, and hard special monsters can be kinda slow with call and splash in there.

I run Multi-strike/Splash/Unbound/Deadly/Added Chaos.

Edit: With my new helm enchant(I went for blood rage), I like using call and splash.
Last edited by Destructodave on Mar 29, 2020, 7:56:43 AM
I crafted two items and I am not sure which is the better one:

or

The second one is missing the flat chaos but has phys to chaos convert and increased dmg with poison. I am not sure how scalling exactly works here. I am using PS.

I could craft increased Chaos dmg or inc Chaos dmg + skill effect dur or weapon chaos pen instead of inc phy dmg.

Any ideas?
edit.. not relevant
Last edited by tolbert on Mar 29, 2020, 7:59:34 AM
"
Apologies in advance for the noob question, but I am a little confused on the wep crafting.

One line suggests "Aberrant, Corroded and Metallic fossils with Powerful resonators", then another part says "To craft perfect claws you will use 3 fossils: Aberrant, Corroded and Shuddering with the Powerful Resonators."

I'm really new to crafting on POE so not sure which variation is correct, or are they both viable options?

I'm currently struggling to progress into T12/T13 maps with the build and I can only put this down to my current unique claws.

Thanks in advance.

First fossil combo is best to get 2 crucial mods, added chaos and more poison damage.

Second fossil combo is better if you want to target attack speed with it.

"
Yalpe wrote:
I don't know if I'm making mechanical mistakes but I am still dying occasionally. I don't know how I can improve my defenses further. For example, I usually die twice at least to the hunter and at least three times to Veritania. Drox is fine and the other guy is butt clenching but I can usually handle him. Right now I have to wait until my level is done before I do the conquerors... Its quite annoying...

Must be your fault. My guess is that you used Vaal Molten Shell before the conqueror fight. I dont see how they can kill you thru 30k buffer.
Also vs Al-Hezmin dont step into the poison pool in the triangle, degen is too high and you'll die.

"
Corioliss wrote:
Ok, Alt spamming, was definitely the right call, that was ridiculously easy

Maybe you should consider changing the crafting section in the guide, alt spamming seems to be much more reasonable than fossil crafting for the helmet.

How did you craft it exactly?

I gifted lots of top claws and helmets last league xD

"
Noisette wrote:
I crafted two items and I am not sure which is the better one:

or

The second one is missing the flat chaos but has phys to chaos convert and increased dmg with poison. I am not sure how scalling exactly works here. I am using PS.

I could craft increased Chaos dmg or inc Chaos dmg + skill effect dur or weapon chaos pen instead of inc phy dmg.

Any ideas?

First one is better. As you can see in the guide, 2 most vital rolls are added chaos and more poison damage.
"

"
Corioliss wrote:
Ok, Alt spamming, was definitely the right call, that was ridiculously easy

Maybe you should consider changing the crafting section in the guide, alt spamming seems to be much more reasonable than fossil crafting for the helmet.

How did you craft it exactly?

I gifted lots of top claws and helmets last league xD

Bought the ilvl 86 Regicide Mask with 40% Pesti Strike Damage for 1ex.
Slammed Hunter's Exalted Orb onto it.
Started Alt Spamming it looking for "Nearby enemies have -9% to chaos resistance"
Used an Orb of Augmentation when i hit it. Got crap, tried to annul it, Annuled the -chaos resist instead.
Kept alt spamming until i hit it again.
Orb of Augmentation => Tier 1 life (lucky I guess)
Regal Orb => T1 Fire Resist (lucky again)
Mastercrafted Life/Evasion Hybrid Mod onto it
Then Exalt slammed it twice, got me Dexterity and the crappy Evasion/ES Hybrid Mod.

I guess I was lucky with the continued crafts, but i hit the -9% Chaos resist twice in ~400 Alts, so that seems a little better to me than fossil crafting, which is WAY more expensive to begin with

Edit: In hindsight it would have probably been better to multimod craft it after i had -chaos Resist/T1 Life/T1 Fire Res, maybe I shouldn't have done this at 4 in the morning :D
Last edited by Corioliss on Mar 29, 2020, 9:00:21 AM
How many fusings did it take you guys to 6 L? I'm through 89 and still nada.
Double post.
Last edited by unhappymeal on Mar 29, 2020, 1:53:01 PM
"
unhappymeal wrote:
How many fusings did it take you guys to 6 L? I'm through 89 and still nada.

I've tried 6 linking two chests this league and I've spent well over 1k fusings by now, 89 is very low, and those that get a 6l in under 100 are very very lucky.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
Hey guys, I've got just over 3 Exalted Orbs to spend on my build, however not quite sure where I can get the biggest upgrades. Any thoughts? Gear is below:

I do seem to struggle leveling up past level 90, I get to around 15-20% through the level and then get killed. Any help greatly appreciated :).

4.7K HP
Capped Resistances (6% Chaos Res)
11.2k Armour (just under 30K Vaal Molten Shell)
Last edited by NeedBlackupYo on Mar 29, 2020, 3:17:06 PM
"
NeedBlackupYo wrote:
Hey guys, I've got just over 3 Exalted Orbs to spend on my build, however not quite sure where I can get the biggest upgrades. Any thoughts? Gear is below:

Spoiler

I do seem to struggle leveling up past level 90, I get to around 15-20% through the level and then get killed. Any help greatly appreciated :).

4.7K HP
Capped Resistances (6% Chaos Res)
11.2k Armour (just under 30K Vaal Molten Shell)

No warding flask (curse immunity), that's why you die. Make Chemist's Silver flask of Warding like in the guide.

Also you have 0 movement speed on boots.

More life will help also.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 29, 2020, 4:28:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info