[3.9] Trickster Flicker Strike (10 - 15 million Shaper DPS) Awakening Lvl 8 Sirus Down

"
TheAmbler wrote:
Really enjoying this build.

What do you think about using Astramentis? With Shaper's Touch, the extra stats look great.

I also think Romira's Banquet might be better than Le Heup, assuming you have the resists.

Lastly, I think the huge amount of stats make The Tactician a pretty solid belt; you lose 4% life for a gain of 6% DPS, but at a cost that's vastly less than the rare belt in the build.

Any thoughts?

Those do seem like good upgrades, but this build already struggles to cap resists as it is with it's few rares.

Even with the 20-25% from Tactician, thats still a lot less than a good rare belt. Maybe moving around some passives for more jewels can help? Could be worth a try.
How do you feel the build is defensively?

It does feel a bit like Trickster's defensive options are wasted with this setup, since you have minimal ES to buff.

Is this one of the rare times you actually want Acrobatics, perhaps?
"
EndlessDreams wrote:
Hey man, loving this build. I played Tidebreaker Flicker Ascendant last league and this one just feels so much stronger and faster (almost too fast haha).

I'm thinking about giving up a unique flask slot for a Freeze immune one. What flask do you think would be the best to replace, and which new flask should I use?

I've been running Kiara's recently to cover freeze immunity. Generally, you can get away without freeze immunity and just swap out bleed immunity for freeze immunity against Shaper and Elder.
"
1zzu wrote:
bad idea to make this build for the next league ?
its a 100% boss league. its viable ?

Hard to say. Multistrike plus support is a buff, but the changes to the Shaper/Elder fight might make Starforge much rarer.
"
TheAmbler wrote:
How do you feel the build is defensively?

It does feel a bit like Trickster's defensive options are wasted with this setup, since you have minimal ES to buff.

Is this one of the rare times you actually want Acrobatics, perhaps?

Trickster Ascendancy doesn't provide special benefit to high ES. Ghost shroud is flat damage reduction per stack and procs for 4% of your evasion rating when hit. The ES in this build functions like a small overshield. You take a hit and ghost shroud procs. With Abyssus setup, that's ~1800 dmg absorbed on hit and with Vertex, it's ~3000 absorbed.

Escape Artist also allows you to scale evasion rating per ES on helmet and ES per evasion on chest. This is why I can get away using Bronn's as it provides ~800 ES.

In regards to Acrobatics, over all, I've found having a small overshield outweighs the benefits/detriments of acrobatics. This build is by no means tanky, but its even less tanky with a 50% hit to armor and a 30% hit to ES. If you do want to go Acrobatics, I think it'd synergize much better with a Farrul's setup on Assassin Ascendancy or even Raider.
Last edited by Spacefight0r on Nov 25, 2019, 10:58:32 PM
I must be confused about some mechanics.

1) Assuming that you have ~20,000 evasion (as per the build), and you recover 4% of your evasion as ES per hit when you have a Ghost Shroud, doesn't that mean you proc about ~800 damage on hit, not 1,800?

2) Isn't ES recharge above your cap wasted? This build has ~1,000 ES; if you recover more than that from Ghost Shroud procs, it would still only reduce damage to your life by up to ~1,000, right?

So to boil it down, I guess here's my confusion:

I have 1000 energy shield. With Ghost Shroud up, I get hit for 5,000 damage. I instantly recover 1800 damage; however, my ES is capped at 1000, so 4,000 damage gets through (pretending for a second I have no other sources of damage reduction or mitigation etc.).

Is that right? Or does it subtract the full 1800, even though I don't have enough ES to absorb the entire amount?

Re: Trickster benefiting from high ES, I just meant due to bonus evasion if you have ES on the helmet.
Last edited by TheAmbler on Nov 26, 2019, 12:14:02 PM
"
TheAmbler wrote:
I must be confused about some mechanics.

1) Assuming that you have ~20,000 evasion (as per the build), and you recover 4% of your evasion as ES per hit when you have a Ghost Shroud, doesn't that mean you proc about ~800 damage on hit, not 1,800?

2) Isn't ES recharge above your cap wasted? This build has ~1,000 ES; if you recover more than that from Ghost Shroud procs, it would still only reduce damage to your life by up to ~1,000, right?

So to boil it down, I guess here's my confusion:

I have 1000 energy shield. With Ghost Shroud up, I get hit for 5,000 damage. I instantly recover 1800 damage; however, my ES is capped at 1000, so 4,000 damage gets through (pretending for a second I have no other sources of damage reduction or mitigation etc.).

Is that right? Or does it subtract the full 1800, even though I don't have enough ES to absorb the entire amount?

Re: Trickster benefiting from high ES, I just meant due to bonus evasion if you have ES on the helmet.

That's actually a good point. I had read that Ghost Shroud was instant so if you took a hit for 2000, you'd lose 1000 ES, instantly recover 800 ES which also gets depleted, then lose 200 health. I'm watching back some footage and it looks like the ES procs is instant but AFTER the hit. So let's say I have 5000 life and 1000 ES and take a hit for 5999 damage. From videos, it looks like I'd be left at 1 HP and 800 ES. If I took 6000 damage, I'd be dead. Still useful, but it won't help tank a slam.

ES on helm is great. I think The Vertex is a very solid item specifically due to this interaction. Fractal Thoughts would also be a decent choice. I just find the Abyssus damage more useful for T16 and bosses.
Last edited by Spacefight0r on Nov 26, 2019, 9:39:11 PM
hey,
people who play this build, you think its ok for the 3.9 ?
the 3.9 seems to be a big boss league and flicker strike is not known for that survivability. I hesitate a lot

ps: google trad

"
1zzu wrote:
hey,
people who play this build, you think its ok for the 3.9 ?
the 3.9 seems to be a big boss league and flicker strike is not known for that survivability. I hesitate a lot

ps: google trad

That really depends if the bosses are going to have a bunch of invulnerability phases. Generally, this build outputs enough burst damage to insta-gib any non-phasing boss. With phasing however, we have to use cyclone to build up more charges for the next phase, though cyclone has respectable damage as well (you can use it to deal some damage while dodging).

Honestly, even with phasing bosses, this build works fine. You just have to learn how to make use of it. With most builds, you can do one of two things: dodge or attack. With this build, you have three options: dodge, burst or charge.

Dodging is obvious; leap slam when things are hairy. Avoiding death is priorty one.

Bursting is when you plant your totems and banner, down your flasks, and spend your stored up Frenzy Charges through Flicker. You only do this when you have an opening.

Charging is what you'll mostly be doing during big boss battles. Cyclone fulfills three roles: dealing decent damage, maintaining controlled movement for dodging, and, most importantly, building up Frenzy Charges. Use this when you aren't dodging or bursting.

And that's it. Not as one dimensional as most builds, but it's fun and, when you master the mechanics, effective.

As for the survivablity, this isn't an immortal Jugg/Slayer build, but you actually have quite a lot of bulk thanks to Ghost Shroud. And with Fortify linked to Cyclone, it's always up without needing to leap on the boss. All I can say is that it doesn't feel that squishy.
Last edited by EndlessDreams on Nov 28, 2019, 5:25:37 AM
New Multistrike Plus Support gem 3.9 looks really cool for the build. Blasphemy Plus Support also looks promising.
Last edited by ramyalexis on Nov 28, 2019, 6:07:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info