[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
ViperdragZ wrote:
So i got a better chest and did uber lab but in every video i see, desecrate is cast really fast and when i boss, most of my dps comes from being hit by the boss to proc cwdt and so desecrate. Any ideas?

You are using Doedre's Tenure.

You need Doedre's Malevolence. +50 Mana Cost
I think my gear is complete now other than making a spell crit chest which isn't really needed. Once I got a Circle of Anguish and Zealotry Aul's and was able to turn on both Anger and Zealotry the damage went from good to instant melt. I used a Discipline Aul's for most of my playtime which worked well and was cheap. Currently running level 1 Clarity (for damage taken as mana over 4 seconds WE mod), level 1 Precision (I should drop this for Arcane Surge linked to Flame Dash I think), Discipline, Anger, Herald of Ash, Zealotry.

I still have no idea how people are playing without the "damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds" Watcher's Eye or a mana flask. Sitting in hideout I can run my mana dry spinning if I'm not wearing it and I have more unreserved mana than most people I see. You can easily manage it by stopping now and then or having an enduring mana pot...but that sucks.

I gave up on a bunch of attack and spell block for my character since I didn't seem to be getting any use out of it. My chest has "recover 6% ES on kill" so I think that and Essence Glutton is masking any damage I'm taking while mapping. I've taken a few oneshots from BS metamorphs when my damage was still too low to oneshot them but I haven't died from regular hits from mobs at all. I replaced Intuitive Leap with Unnatural Instinct (which makes you lose a lot of block but keep most everything else) in that slot to save a few points.

I'm trying out Wave of Conviction - Combustion - CWDT - Awakened Curse on Hit - lvl 21 Flammability - lvl 21 Elemental Weakness in my chest and pathed up to Whispers of Doom so I can have tri-curse with Assassin's Mark. On a shaper/guardian I think I'd rather just switch back in Culling Strike for one of the curses though since they'd only give 15% penetration.

A few more random questions I have:

I see a lot of non-Thread of Hope builds on poe.ninja pathing completely through to Spiritual Aid but then skipping Divine Judgment. Is there a reason for this? The damage seems way lower and all you get in return is 1% life regen. But all the top DPS VD builds path that way. What am I missing? Is the penetration not as good in practice?

Is anybody using an unlinked Animate Guardian for Fortify/Cull from Kingmaker? Or is that just a bad idea in Metamorph?
KEKW
This build carried me to lvl 100 and 40/40 challenges for the very first time!
Very much loving the build. Efficiently farming t14-16 and pushing end-game bosses for the first time ever. Thanks!

Trying to get enough mana regen to no longer need a mana flask. Mind looking at my gear to see what i can do? (besides uber expensive clarity-mod eye) Any suggestions regarding next slot for invest would be awesome too. Thinking Aul's or a good pair of boots to remove quicksilver.

Will be keeping a close eye on any future builds you make.
"
Thunderbus wrote:
Very much loving the build. Efficiently farming t14-16 and pushing end-game bosses for the first time ever. Thanks!

Trying to get enough mana regen to no longer need a mana flask. Mind looking at my gear to see what i can do? (besides uber expensive clarity-mod eye) Any suggestions regarding next slot for invest would be awesome too. Thinking Aul's or a good pair of boots to remove quicksilver.

Will be keeping a close eye on any future builds you make.

Thanks for the words! :P

I would definitely get a new amulet. You can get so much better in that slot--even without going for Aul's. IF you get something with Life+%ES+Fire Res/leech that'd be really good. Have an open prefix for the Damage taken gained as mana craft and you'll be able to drop the mana flask.

Also, never drop the quicksilver unless you plan to go for stampedes. :P

Tailwind+Elusive Boots are very nice but will require you to upgrade other pieces as well. to compensate for the loss of resists.

@DiabloImmoral

An unlinked AG is a bad idea in metamorph. :(

Oh and POE Ninja doesn't calculate the nodes you're taking with thread of hope bc POB doesn't support it yet. That'd be why all the top DPSers show up with the whole wheel.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Feb 8, 2020, 8:51:37 PM
I had someone explain the pathing of their build to me. Since the minion nodes aren't THAT bad by themselves and you get the free 60% damage from ascendancy if you get to Spiritual Aid somehow you can just path there and put a really good jewel in the Thread of Hope slot instead. Charging Offensive is just too OP, which means you have to use Stampede or path to Counterweight to keep it, and both are solid options.

Retribution is pathed to in those setups just because there's nowhere else to path that gives you life and you get some damage and resists while doing it. Divine Judgment is the next best damage option to path to, but there are no skillpoints left to do that until you're close to level 100. That's why the builds skip it.

It looks like skipping Thread of Hope is a good idea if you are at a very high level and have insane crit multi jewels available or a Brutal Restraint with minion damage/ele damage/aura effect on multiple nodes.
The worst and most confusing build description .......
You write about 3.8, then about 3.9. Pob incomprehensible. horror
sry for google translate
Amulet bought, with resists to gradually swap boots. Mana is better. Trying out removing Flesh Offering in favor of arcane surge on dash, allows me to drop mana flask. Should i replace with Quartz or Sulphur? Without flesh offering feeling a tad slower, damage might be a bit lower, aps is down from 11-12 to 9ish fully ramped. Can't sustain mana without a flask with flesh offering though. Opinion?

Perhaps i'll just buy another Skold with different links allowing me to swap bettwen surge/flesh offering based on mapping/bossing.
I dont get it.I dont cast Volatile Dead spell when i cyclone thro packs.
The red ball thingy.
Why?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info