[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
superkegs wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

There's a few things you can do in SSF.

You could always farm up some Dark Mage cards for a 6L staff and alt spam for +2 to Fire/All Spell Skills. regal and craft spell damage/spell crit depending on your needs. This by itself is a pretty reasonable DPS boost just for the 6L and ability to use Staff Passive nodes. Also opens up different chest choices. iLvl will be 55 so no +3 Fire Skills available with this method. Also watch out for Warstaves.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Dark_Mage

Alternatively, Dual Daggers/Scepters are fine. Especially if you can get the temple modded specters with Fire Damage+Fire to spells mod. Obviously you gotta work with what you can get in SSF.

Basically I would really try to get a 6L going. I know Mantle is a big damage boost but a 6L will be more and without the increased spell damage taken downside.

Oh and the fire to chaos conversion is fine. Just makes Fire penetration kinda mediocre so just keep that in mind.

Appreciate the quick response! I was unaware of the 6L cards, I had been turning in Flora's for the 5L but kept getting warstave bases. I was also unaware I could get a straight +2 fire (thought it needed a special mod for some reason), so I'll look into crafting those. I guess I figured the elder base was necessary and I've been having trouble breaking into maps where high enough ilvl stuff was dropping for the crafts, so I didn't feel like it was worthwhile trying to make my own initially.

I have a tabula but I thought the 5L infernal would be better in mid-tier maps at least. Thanks again for the advice!

5L Mantle is better than a Tabula. :P
6L Rare with ES+Life+resists, etc... is better than 5L Mantle

How well this build does vs high end meta bosses? is it safe vs them? kills them fast?

Which ones should i avoid?

Ty
"
Camaron wrote:

How well this build does vs high end meta bosses? is it safe vs them? kills them fast?

Which ones should i avoid?

Ty

It goes from okay to fine to easy depending on your DPS output.

If your damage is kinda low then it can takes a long time of kiting the metas to take them down. If you have good damage however you can just stand on top of them and blitz them in a manner of seconds.

No idea what metas are what. I just click -> kill -> move on.
Like what would the dmg parameters be for okay fine and easy?

Ty
Hi I'm interested in trying this build and tried my hand at crafting a staff. Unfortunately 8 trillion aetheric/scorched fossils later and I never even saw +2 or better fire/all skill gems AT ALL, and never saw cast while channeling with ANY decent roll. I got mad and started chaos spamming and ended up with this in 30 chaos plus an annul:

I haven't built the character yet but it looks like in PoB with spell damage/non-chaos as chaos and double damage craft it would be 8.5% less damage than OP's staff (but also loses the power charges and innate block), and 20% more damage than Martyr (but loses the high block chance.) Not positive since I'm not an expert on PoB.

Is this worth multimodding with (67–75)% increased Spell Damage
Gain (7–8)% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage + (8–10)% chance to deal Double Damage or maybe +(39–45)% Critical Strike Multiplier while a Rare or Unique Enemy is Nearby or (26–30)% chance to deal Double Damage while Focussed?

If it's not worth it for this build, is there another build that might actually use this? Thanks.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
Hi I'm interested in trying this build and tried my hand at crafting a staff. Unfortunately 8 trillion aetheric/scorched fossils later and I never even saw +2 or better fire/all skill gems AT ALL, and never saw cast while channeling with ANY decent roll. I got mad and started chaos spamming and ended up with this in 30 chaos plus an annul:

I haven't built the character yet but it looks like in PoB with spell damage/non-chaos as chaos and double damage craft it would be 8.5% less damage than OP's staff (but also loses the power charges and innate block), and 20% more damage than Martyr (but loses the high block chance.) Not positive since I'm not an expert on PoB.

Is this worth multimodding with (67–75)% increased Spell Damage
Gain (7–8)% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage + (8–10)% chance to deal Double Damage or maybe +(39–45)% Critical Strike Multiplier while a Rare or Unique Enemy is Nearby or (26–30)% chance to deal Double Damage while Focussed?

If it's not worth it for this build, is there another build that might actually use this? Thanks.

That qualifies as a staff worth MMing for sure. Block is just a nice defensive layer that I don't like giving up. But plenty of other players following the build do fine without it. Just go for as much eHP as possible and pass on the Leash of Oblation probably.
Hi, thanks for this build it's really fun to play. I'm playing it with a lethal pride to have Glancing Blows and max block. I'm also using the Cleansed Thoughs passive for the chaos resistance.

I have a question about Ball Ligtning because i will buy a watcher's eye with ES on hit and every one i see on poe ninja link it to the main CWDT setup with Wave of Conviction, Purifying Flame and Combustion. But if i can, would not it be better to link it with Unearth and GMP to have more balls ?

The only downside i see is that i loose some FPS.
Hello, what do u guys think sould be my next upgrade?

I just bought the Aul's, so i know i have to improve a bit my rings and boots, i'm working on it, but i'd like to know what i should i do now...
I was thiniking in try a new staff with CWC, so i could use fire penetration or smthg, but i'm not sure if that would be better than mine or if there is smthg better to up right now (i know my chest is not the best possible, but it's fairly good for me right now, i'd like some more dmg)
I also have watcher's eye with ES on hit
Oh, another question, should i try bone offering + leash?
Thanks
Last edited by ZerefStark on Feb 4, 2020, 2:25:22 PM
How do you cast VD so fast? In the videos VD casts every second. I have scolds bridle and doedres malevolence but it takes forever to cast VD.
"
ZerefStark wrote:
Hello, what do u guys think sould be my next upgrade?

I just bought the Aul's, so i know i have to improve a bit my rings and boots, i'm working on it, but i'd like to know what i should i do now...
I was thiniking in try a new staff with CWC, so i could use fire penetration or smthg, but i'm not sure if that would be better than mine or if there is smthg better to up right now (i know my chest is not the best possible, but it's fairly good for me right now, i'd like some more dmg)
I also have watcher's eye with ES on hit
Oh, another question, should i try bone offering + leash?
Thanks

Bone Offering + Leash is great for defense if you can also manage you resists on other gear. I think once you get to the point where you're buying an Aul's it's probably not worth the hassle to try to cover your resistances. You also lose recovery and eHP.

"
Stràt wrote:
Hi, thanks for this build it's really fun to play. I'm playing it with a lethal pride to have Glancing Blows and max block. I'm also using the Cleansed Thoughs passive for the chaos resistance.

I have a question about Ball Ligtning because i will buy a watcher's eye with ES on hit and every one i see on poe ninja link it to the main CWDT setup with Wave of Conviction, Purifying Flame and Combustion. But if i can, would not it be better to link it with Unearth and GMP to have more balls ?

The only downside i see is that i loose some FPS.

Only way to get more balls is to do that AND use spell cascade support. This is (in my opinion) not worth it.

"
ViperdragZ wrote:
How do you cast VD so fast? In the videos VD casts every second. I have scolds bridle and doedres malevolence but it takes forever to cast VD.

Make your character profile public and I'll take a look. It could be any number of things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info