[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
I had someone explain the pathing of their build to me. Since the minion nodes aren't THAT bad by themselves and you get the free 60% damage from ascendancy if you get to Spiritual Aid somehow you can just path there and put a really good jewel in the Thread of Hope slot instead. Charging Offensive is just too OP, which means you have to use Stampede or path to Counterweight to keep it, and both are solid options.

Retribution is pathed to in those setups just because there's nowhere else to path that gives you life and you get some damage and resists while doing it. Divine Judgment is the next best damage option to path to, but there are no skillpoints left to do that until you're close to level 100. That's why the builds skip it.

It looks like skipping Thread of Hope is a good idea if you are at a very high level and have insane crit multi jewels available or a Brutal Restraint with minion damage/ele damage/aura effect on multiple nodes.

Thread saves so many points that you can make up the jewel socket and more with the extra points. Downside is losing the resists from the jewel itself and from not allocating Holy Dominion (12% all res) and access to some noteables in templar start. That said, 13-14 extra point is a lot. I personally choose to use these to take the Shadow dexterity jewel socket, Resourcefulness, and Blood Drinker life cluster for 10 points total. This is a very nice boost to life which I prefer after I reach a certain damage threshold. Up to you what you would want to do with the last 3-4 points.

"
luka2113 wrote:
I dont get it.I dont cast Volatile Dead spell when i cyclone thro packs.
The red ball thingy.
Why?

I am not sure. Looking at your profile there's nothing that would keep you from casting VD off of cyclone.

That said, your Spirit Offering is over-leveled and needs to be reduced so it can trigger off of CWDT so that you don't kill yourself. :P

Lol for got to put cast when channeling gem,all good now.
And yes i do a lot of dmg to myself.
Soo i just downgrade spirt offering?
"
luka2113 wrote:
Lol for got to put cast when channeling gem,all good now.
And yes i do a lot of dmg to myself.
Soo i just downgrade spirt offering?

Yeah you need it to be at or below level 38 requirement.

Also a +Offering Effect chest will also boost recovery a lot.
Spoiler

what is my next upgrade or modification
"
lord_xxx wrote:
Spoiler

what is my next upgrade or modification

A level 1 CWDT on your boots. Also just removing the Unearth+GMP setup because it's not really adding anything for you.

A Watcher's Eye of any kind will also go a long way. If recovery is not an issue a clarity "15-20% of damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds" one will let you drop enduring mana flask. If you want instant ES recovery an ES on hit Watcher's eye is amazing. Also depends on your budget. Add Ball Lightning to CWDT if you go for ES on hit.

So Gryph did you finish your +3 fire/ cannot roll attack mods staff project?

I don't know how many tens of ex I have sunk into it and I'm still going... I settled for a +3 fire/ T1 crit multi without CwC for my current weapon but I'm continuing on a differrent +3 fire/ cannot roll attack base.

Speaking of crafting, the new exalted orbs are fantastic given the semi-reliability of the slam outcome. I'll show my crafts below since I guess like me you all love some good items. But I mostly wanted to share the Incursion/hunter body which allows to have basically a "7 mod" chest. This base had the stun and block recovery which is not good (had not much currency when I bought the base) but buying a better incursion base for the craft is as simple as setting a better filter in the trade website (and paying a few more ex for before the gamble).

I also corrupted both gloves and helmet myself (lvl 26 Herald and Anger). I still did not dare to corrupt my Aul's :D I can only dream of hitting a +2 fire or +1 curse. It would be fantastic.

Also, Ty again for the build Gryph it's really really good. The only char that I played which is as good in both survavibility and DPS is the scourge arrow poison pathfinder with Divine flesh/Darkscorn and capped chaos res. Grats!
Last edited by Rootsmann on Feb 11, 2020, 6:00:10 AM
"
Rootsmann wrote:
So Gryph did you finish your +3 fire/ cannot roll attack mods staff project?

I don't know how many tens of ex I have sunk into it and I'm still going... I settled for a +3 fire/ T1 crit multi without CwC for my current weapon but I'm continuing on a differrent +3 fire/ cannot roll attack base.

Speaking of crafting, the new exalted orbs are fantastic given the semi-reliability of the slam outcome. I'll show my crafts below since I guess like me you all love some good items. But I mostly wanted to share the Incursion/hunter body which allows to have basically a "7 mod" chest. This base had the stun and block recovery which is not good (had not much currency when I bought the base) but buying a better incursion base for the craft is as simple as setting a better filter in the trade website (and paying a few more ex for before the gamble).

I also corrupted both gloves and helmet myself (lvl 26 Herald and Anger). I still did not dare to corrupt my Aul's :D I can only dream of hitting a +2 fire or +1 curse. It would be fantastic.

Also, Ty again for the build Gryph it's really really good. The only char that I played which is as good in both survavibility and DPS is the scourge arrow poison pathfinder with Divine flesh/Darkscorn and capped chaos res. Grats!

I never finished my second +3 Fire/CWC Staff. Not enough currency to throw at it and not playing much at this point in the league.

As for the chest, that's really good hit with the hunter exalt. Could be a fun project with a massive budget to try to get a base with Temple Life + T1 ES and try metacrafting the Hunter Suffixes for spell crit AND increased effect of offerings.

All lookin good though. gratz :D
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

As for the chest, that's really good hit with the hunter exalt. Could be a fun project with a massive budget to try to get a base with Temple Life + T1 ES and try metacrafting the Hunter Suffixes for spell crit AND increased effect of offerings.

All lookin good though. gratz :D

That temple chest would be the dream :) But yeah with the +3 fire staff eating all my incomes as they... well... come, and with the late-league-motivation drop I can't really see myself working on antything more. I'm pretty sure I'll never hit what I want with the satff already.

And what about your icenova build? New favorite? A new guide to come?
@Gryp

Can you clarify something for me please?

With Desecrate, we are creating 20 corpses (per 2 spin?); with VD we are consuming 3 for each spin + 2 with Spirit Offering.

So even using Spell Cascade on VD, we wont run out. What the point of Unearth then?

I'm asking, because I started using Unearth + Greater Multiple Projectiles + CWDT and Spell Cascade with VD, but I haven't really noticed any damage improvement compared to the just VD with Spell Cascade.

Btw, what about Awakened Spell Cascade on VD and on Desecrate as well?
Last edited by vikdean on Feb 11, 2020, 12:57:33 PM
"
vikdean wrote:

With Desecrate, we are creating 20 corpses (per 2 spin?); with VD we are consuming 3 for each spin + 2 with Spirit Offering.

Desecrate has a limit of 10 corpses (if you create more thay will replace the previous ones) and spirit offering can eat up to 5 corpses per cast.

But anyway, Unearth is not usefull if you don't link spell cascade to VD.

As for DPS numbers, keep in mind that while you cast more balls, each ball has a lower damage value since you replaced a dps support gem.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Feb 11, 2020, 2:58:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info