[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I have a few quick questions about custer jewels. I have one large cluster with the recommended 3 notables, and i am crafting another. So far, i have blanketed snow, prismatic heart, and widespread destruction on the one i am crafting. Is it worth continuing to try to get cold to the core instead of blanketed snow?(i am using a subpar jewel with only cold to the core and prismatic at the moment while crafting this one)

Also, in terms of megalomaniac jewels:
Is thaumophage a worthwhile notable?
Does Master of Fear stack? (I have it on my medium curse jewel already)
And finally, would a 3rd prismatic heart be worthwhile.
I would only take any of these if paired with cold to the core, genius, or overlord, but wanted to know if they were worth the passive point over other choices.
I've looked a bit in pob, but i'm not good with all the numbers, etc.
Thanks in advance for any info
"
ct_cruiser wrote:
I have a few quick questions about custer jewels. I have one large cluster with the recommended 3 notables, and i am crafting another. So far, i have blanketed snow, prismatic heart, and widespread destruction on the one i am crafting. Is it worth continuing to try to get cold to the core instead of blanketed snow?(i am using a subpar jewel with only cold to the core and prismatic at the moment while crafting this one)

Also, in terms of megalomaniac jewels:
Is thaumophage a worthwhile notable?
Does Master of Fear stack? (I have it on my medium curse jewel already)
And finally, would a 3rd prismatic heart be worthwhile.
I would only take any of these if paired with cold to the core, genius, or overlord, but wanted to know if they were worth the passive point over other choices.
I've looked a bit in pob, but i'm not good with all the numbers, etc.
Thanks in advance for any info

For the large cluster jewel you want CttC. That is the thing you want. CttC alone is better than any combination of other 3 passives you can get to that jewel. The other notables don't really matter as long as you have CttC.

Now that we have established that CttC is the only thing that matters, what is 2nd best notable. And that is Prismatic Hearth. Notables with %increased damage are not really good because multiple CttC and % spell damage per x int and high int you can easily be running with 1000+% increased damage already. So increasing that to 1030% is not that big of an upgrade. Because this build is very hungry for passive points, and you want to spend one of the suffix spots in pretty much every item to +int and another +%int where you can get it, you have very limited slots to gain resistances. This is why you want Prismatic Hearth.

And then comes what you want to be your third notable. In large cluster jewels you have 3 spots for notables. In 8slot jewel, you have one on right side and one on left side of the "entrance", just before empty sockets and third on opposite side of the entrance. If you have notables A, B and C in cluster, in order, lets say A is right side, B is left side and C is opposite side, every cluster that have those 3 notables have them in exact same spots. For this large clusters you want CttC and PH to be once next to entrance so you can get those 2 and the 2 empty sockets for 5 passive points. So the 3rd notable doesn't matter. Except it matters. Widespread Destruction is the only 3rd notable that pushes CttC and PH to the 2 closest spots. For every other notable ether CttC or PH would end up in the spot opposite to the entrance, meaning you would need to send 2 extra passive points to get those 2, or end up without one of them (PH).

I would not consider Thaumophage worthwhile. Energy leech you can get is capped based on % of your max ES, so you don't really need more of it. Increased spell damage is, like I explained earlier, not that large upgrade and here it works only if you are in full ES. You are pretty much taking hits and leeching ES almost all the time so it is not active that high % of the time. And finally hinder effects do not stack. if you have multiple active only the strongest apply and Aspect of the Spider already gives you just as strong hinder effect. So Thaumophage does pretty much nothing.

Master of fear (or Unnerve) does not stack.

3rd PH might be good or not. I can't see your characters so can't really say, it is something you should be able to answer yourself. Do you need more resistance? If you get it can you drop resistance on some other item and get something better (int) instead?

Thank you for the detailed reply Cjin. I forgot i was logged into my old account before. This is my character currently. I will continue to look for more ideal cluster jewels that fit my budget then. I was considering just getting a small cluster with genius as a stopgap until i can afford a megalomaniac jewel with multiple good notables.I am working on crafting the rings and jewels in my inventory now. Please take a look if you have time. I crafted my gloves, helm and body armor, but i know i need to upgrade further to get both % and flat int on them.
Hello fellows Ice Dancers this is a update of my progress this season https://pastebin.com/Fhcmb96y...currently trying to get a few more lvls to max my passive points. Please take a look and lmk if there is anything else I can do to increase my DPS output or overall improvement. Thank You
Last edited by SmackDaSn on Mar 12, 2021, 1:42:23 PM
"
Názroth wrote:
Hi, thanks for this amazing build, having a ton of fun with it!

- How should the Wave of Conviction/Immortal call Setup be leveled?

You adjust to the level that strength allows
"
SmackDaSn wrote:
Hello fellows Ice Dancers this is a update of my progress this season https://pastebin.com/Fhcmb96y...currently trying to get a few more lvls to max my passive points. Please take a look and lmk if there is anything else I can do to increase my DPS output or overall improvement. Thank You

Alright, here is 3 simple things you can do to increase your Average Hit by about 92,000.

Number 1: Change the anoint on your boots to Mystic Talents. You have more than enough resists and you don't have any armor. The dodge might make you a little squishier though 10k dmg increase

Number 2: Harvest craft your helmet with Remove/Add Influence Modifier,It can only remove the #% increased Intelligence and Add it again, aiming for 10%. 5k damage increase

Number 3: Take your Witchfire Brew flask and put it in the Stash and literally use anything else. A small health potion that a new character gets unenchanted is actually more useful to your damage. 77k damage.

Im too tired to figure out exactly whats happening, but due to curse limit of 3 and trigger order, Despair is superseding your other curses turning off either Enfeeble, Frostbite, or Elemental Weakness. If it hits enfeeble its not terrible, but if it hits the other ones you are taking a massive DPS loss.

In all seriousness, if you are insisting on using the dodge build, leave Cloth and Chain on the boots, and use a Magic Chemist Stibnite Flask of Warding. This is still a huge dps gain.
I haven't played this build since 3.10. How is it now? How much would it cost to do T16 comfortably?
oh, thanks!
"
Irishkatana wrote:
"
SmackDaSn wrote:

Alright, here is 3 simple things you can do to increase your Average Hit by about 92,000.

Number 1: Change the anoint on your boots to Mystic Talents. You have more than enough resists and you don't have any armor. The dodge might make you a little squishier though 10k dmg increase

Number 2: Harvest craft your helmet with Remove/Add Influence Modifier,It can only remove the #% increased Intelligence and Add it again, aiming for 10%. 5k damage increase

Number 3: Take your Witchfire Brew flask and put it in the Stash and literally use anything else. A small health potion that a new character gets unenchanted is actually more useful to your damage. 77k damage.

Im too tired to figure out exactly whats happening, but due to curse limit of 3 and trigger order, Despair is superseding your other curses turning off either Enfeeble, Frostbite, or Elemental Weakness. If it hits enfeeble its not terrible, but if it hits the other ones you are taking a massive DPS loss.

In all seriousness, if you are insisting on using the dodge build, leave Cloth and Chain on the boots, and use a Magic Chemist Stibnite Flask of Warding. This is still a huge dps gain.

Thanks a lot!

I replaced the flask and as you mentioned rem add influence would work on the helmet.
I'll grab a second set of boot and try running Mystic Talents. But, I don't see where you got Despair from? Could anyone point that out or comment on what he meant by but curse limit? I just cant find where the Despair is coming from?
Last edited by SmackDaSn on Mar 14, 2021, 11:55:06 AM
leveling this to 38 is so hard man wtf :'p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info