[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Working on getting this one up and running. It still has a lot of missing pieces, I'm just wondering what the priorities should be next. Currently, damage is mediocre, survivability is bad (bosses like Eradicator are impossible on high tier maps, even one damage mod on T16 maps is trouble).

Last edited by Bk老虎 on Mar 6, 2021, 3:38:57 AM
Alright, these are just suggestions based on what gear you have linked, as I can't look at your character in POB or your profile as you have it set to private.

The thing that is jumping out to me, is some your damage gems don't have quality on them. Elemental Focus, and Concentrated Effect. 1c each so 40 chaos to give you a boost, or a few rituals in SSF.

I notice on a lot of gear you are prioritizing ES over Intelligence and that can be good on some pieces but intelligence is essential on certain pieces.

A hunter's influenced helmet can roll 9-10% increased intelligence. Try looking on trade to find one. If you are on SSF or it's too expensive Mindhandler wrote a great crafting guide on page 543 on how to make one.

Changing your helmet to a 20% Hunter Hubris circlet with only 10% int and fire resistance, while reducing your base energy shield to 91, it should give about 170 extra base intelligence, which turns into 17$ increased spell damage, 34% extra Energy Shield, and 85 extra mana. This is assuming you are following the cluster jewel pob, and I'm not making any mistakes in my math which is possible.
Edit: Just saw your full tree and your RMR. Don't think I can pull that.

"
Mindhandler wrote:
"
nocek_czerny wrote:
"
Mindhandler wrote:
I actually

Why you don't need to use Awakened Hextouch Support lvl5?

Because i am only running 2 curses, and 1 of them as an aura. You only need awakened hextouch to run 3 curses if they are linked to cwdt ball lightning because awakened hextouch can apply an additional curse with linked skills.

Besides that the 24% chance to apply elemental weakness to hexproof enemies is kind of irrelevant in my opinion so no need to spend the 20ex on it.

I'm not running enfeeble but that's because i am going for damage not survivability, i have 18.5k es without discipline or 21k with it. Almost never die regardless, and in the rare case i do it doesn't really matter after level 100.

I was loosely following the Occultist guide while looking at someone's build on POENinja. I see your setup and may wind up switching to something more along the lines of what you have.

I was thinking of working in Cold Conduction to apply shocks and run without Skitterbots. This would require losing Woke Ele focus out of the links for Icestorm or relying on Vortex to chill with a hit.

Would this be worthwhile? I could then fit in Flesh and Stone. However, seeing your setup, maybe this isn't a thing to worry about? Or perhaps I could still roll how you have your curses, while doing the above and still running Flesh and Stone instead of Skitterbots?

Last edited by LumpsIsHigh on Mar 7, 2021, 10:42:25 AM
"
Irishkatana wrote:
Alright, these are just suggestions based on what gear you have linked, as I can't look at your character in POB or your profile as you have it set to private.

The thing that is jumping out to me, is some your damage gems don't have quality on them. Elemental Focus, and Concentrated Effect. 1c each so 40 chaos to give you a boost, or a few rituals in SSF.

I notice on a lot of gear you are prioritizing ES over Intelligence and that can be good on some pieces but intelligence is essential on certain pieces.

A hunter's influenced helmet can roll 9-10% increased intelligence. Try looking on trade to find one. If you are on SSF or it's too expensive Mindhandler wrote a great crafting guide on page 543 on how to make one.

Changing your helmet to a 20% Hunter Hubris circlet with only 10% int and fire resistance, while reducing your base energy shield to 91, it should give about 170 extra base intelligence, which turns into 17$ increased spell damage, 34% extra Energy Shield, and 85 extra mana. This is assuming you are following the cluster jewel pob, and I'm not making any mistakes in my math which is possible.

I've just set them to public.

Fixed the gem quality since I had enough GCP hanging around, and there are a couple other upgrades courtesy of Harvest that brought my ES up a little more.

Aside from int stacking, does this build have any other defensive layers or does it mostly just rely on being able to out-leech any damage it receives? Flasks are nice when they're up, but I don't imagine I'll be phasing Sirus in under 10 seconds with this.
I could use some help with improving my damage.

Inside the feared i get over runned because im slow at killing them.

How much extra dmg will i get if i get awakened hextouch? I missed the info part about hex + 1 curse so my setup is currently like that ( without the awk hex)

Is there other spots or thing i can improve or mistakes i have made?

Having a hard time getting the correct info in pob due to icestorm configuration
"
Bk老虎 wrote:
Working on getting this one up and running. It still has a lot of missing pieces, I'm just wondering what the priorities should be next. Currently, damage is mediocre, survivability is bad (bosses like Eradicator are impossible on high tier maps, even one damage mod on T16 maps is trouble).

It does use Fortify which you can get on a Megalomaniac. Its on the node Overlord. It also gets a lot sturdier when you get a watcher's eye with Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline.

So looking at your build, yeah go for that helmet I suggested earlier, just 12% int and fire resistance increases your ES by 75 but it increases your hit damage by 17k. The other thing would be to dump the Apocalypse cut cluster jewel and replace it with a Overlord Megalomaniac. You'll lose about a 800 ES, but gaining Fortify is no joke.

But yeah once you do those 2 things, just slowly replace your ES gear with INT priority gear and ES second. As your INT goes up so does your damage and your ES may go down slightly, but with you damage going up so does your leech.
"
agger2508 wrote:

How much extra dmg will i get if i get awakened hextouch? I missed the info part about hex + 1 curse so my setup is currently like that ( without the awk hex)

Having a hard time getting the correct info in pob due to icestorm configuration

I think you need someone with a little more experience than me with the build but it looks like you have plenty of Strength. So if you drop Prowess, and the 2 intelligence nodes above Cold Hearted Calcualation, and instead connect across Trickery through Elemental Focus to Cold Hearted Calculation it ups your average hit by 8k.

To make up the Strength loss to get it above Dex again, replace your Loath Joy Jewel with another jewel with at least 12 Strength, 14% increased Cold damage, and 12 Lightning Res. This wont up your damage anymore, but it gets your Str above Dex again. It looks like you could afford a much better jewel, but that's the minimum.
"
Irishkatana wrote:
It does use Fortify which you can get on a Megalomaniac. Its on the node Overlord. It also gets a lot sturdier when you get a watcher's eye with Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline.

So looking at your build, yeah go for that helmet I suggested earlier, just 12% int and fire resistance increases your ES by 75 but it increases your hit damage by 17k. The other thing would be to dump the Apocalypse cut cluster jewel and replace it with a Overlord Megalomaniac. You'll lose about a 800 ES, but gaining Fortify is no joke.

But yeah once you do those 2 things, just slowly replace your ES gear with INT priority gear and ES second. As your INT goes up so does your damage and your ES may go down slightly, but with you damage going up so does your leech.

Aha. I'd wondered why no Fortify support. Got a helmet in progress, and I'll see what I can find for the rest. Cheers!
"
Irishkatana wrote:
"
agger2508 wrote:

I think you need someone with a little more experience than me with the build but it looks like you have plenty of Strength. So if you drop Prowess, and the 2 intelligence nodes above Cold Hearted Calcualation, and instead connect across Trickery through Elemental Focus to Cold Hearted Calculation it ups your average hit by 8k.

To make up the Strength loss to get it above Dex again, replace your Loath Joy Jewel with another jewel with at least 12 Strength, 14% increased Cold damage, and 12 Lightning Res. This wont up your damage anymore, but it gets your Str above Dex again. It looks like you could afford a much better jewel, but that's the minimum.

I was hoping i could save enough currency and buy a corrupted belt with increase strenght on it, so might combine that with your suggestion
Hi, thanks for this amazing build, having a ton of fun with it!

Two things I havent figured out yet though:

- where does ES-/Mana-Leech vome from, besides Heart of Ice and Light eater?
- How should the Wave of Conviction/Immortal call Setup be leveled? As I see it the (anomalous) cwdt should be maxed, meanwhile the immortal call stays low level (why? due to maxing cwdt it can proc even with higher level, and higher level will give higher dmg reduction) and the increased duration is not being maxed either.

Some clarification for this would be appreciated :)

Thanks again for the awesome build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info