[3.9] Devon's Poisoning Lawnmower | Poison CoC Cyclone | All content viable

"
Hello! This guide is wonderful!

I got few questions. First, why we need multiple triggered skills (bladefall/EK/BV)? Why not just use 1 skill and trigger it again and again?

The second question is, does nearly 100% critical strike chance worth it? How about quit Deadly Infusion for Mistwalker in order to being more tanky? Poison is not like coc ice nova which chills and shatters everything for extra safe. But I am not familiar with PoB so I am not sure how much damage lost will be if quitting Deadly Infusion.

Thanks again for your build sharing ;)

Thank you for the kind words.

1) I put inside the 3 mentioned gems, but you will use just 2 of those at your preference. Bladefall + BV if carcass jack and Bladefall + EK if a yellow chest. 2 of the spell gems are used because of the internal cooldown of spells. Once you cast a spell it has a 0.15s cooldown (and you can't use that same spell within that period), so you can cast a single spell at the fastest speed of 6.66 spells per second. That's why we have 6.6 attack speed. The reason for the second one is to circumvent the cooldown. If you have 2 spells equipped they will alternate, since Cyclone deals damage twice every time you attack it would be a waste not to use a second skill.

TL;DR it works like this, you attack, 2 spells are cast, you attack, 2 spells are cast. Making you cast 13 spells on average per second.

2) In my opinion, leave it as it is. I'm gonna be using a shield just to be on the safe side and I'm taking most if not all of the energyshield + life nodes. The same thing you search for in gear. Finally I'm making a build where I can use those pesky energy shield items that have life on it :D
I'm not sure if I updated it with that change but I will if I haven't. So that's for the tankines. Also I wouldn't touch deadly infusion or the other nodes as we need the crit chance and the poison interactions.

And no problem, ty for checking it out!

"
XeoTech wrote:
Check this out

https://pastebin.com/n00FGp8j

How do you deal with the abysmal degen from the Desintigrator?
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Sep 6, 2019, 11:09:33 AM
hey it looks nice, but since i did only play ngamahus slayer cyclone in the past, I'm curious if this build is viable as league starter?
"
Kurokâ wrote:
hey it looks nice, but since i did only play ngamahus slayer cyclone in the past, I'm curious if this build is viable as league starter?

It doesn't require many uniques so I'd say yes.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Last edited by IllusiveGuy on Sep 6, 2019, 7:54:44 PM
Hey started with this build,

what are some good leveling weapons/uniques? what weapon should i use?
"
nds2 wrote:
Hey started with this build,

what are some good leveling weapons/uniques? what weapon should i use?

Any dagger and a shield. Critical strike chance is the primary thing to look out for. When you finish act4 use cyclone, cast on crit, incr critical strikes and bladefall. That's what I'm leveling with right now and it's going pretty smoothly I must say. Start will be a bit clunky you gotta play with blade vortex or similar stuff untill you finish act4.
Another stupid question of me but how are we poisoning the enemies? Just from assassin ascen. and skill tree? or are ther good uniques like the ones in your PoB?
Very cool build. Is there a video of this build in action?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 7, 2019, 12:12:11 PM
I'm at level 30 now using this build. So far, Cobra Lash and Blade Vortex (for single target) have been keeping me humming along nicely.

I'm 30 and mid-Act3; the leveling from the event is nuts.
"
Saxophone wrote:
I'm at level 30 now using this build. So far, Cobra Lash and Blade Vortex (for single target) have been keeping me humming along nicely.

I'm 30 and mid-Act3; the leveling from the event is nuts.

Nice man, go gettem!

"
girng wrote:
Very cool build. Is there a video of this build in action?

I'll try to do it one of these days. Doing my masters thesis for uni and playing the build so I have little time to edit. I'll try to get it done soon. Sorry!

"
nds2 wrote:
Another stupid question of me but how are we poisoning the enemies? Just from assassin ascen. and skill tree? or are ther good uniques like the ones in your PoB?

There are no stupid questions!
Assassin ascendancy is 40%, herald of agony is 20% and the last 40% come from the helmet. (don't worry about poisoning during leveling, just focus damage and crit nodes).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info