[3.24] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | Slams BUFFED]

Hey frawrst,
thanks again for the build. Recently I switched to sum spell suppression gear and I am experimenting with pride vs. determination, depending if I could kill the mobs before earning serious damage. Do you have further suggestion for my (more) glass (than) "cannon" serker?
"
HyperNova9248 wrote:
Almost there, can anyone suggest what to improve from here.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

hi friend

since you are on console, i recommend following my post earlier. all the uniques you have are decent, but the true power is crafting rares with essences

"
frawrst wrote:
"
erjesmith wrote:
Hey guys.
I am almost done with act 10. Pretty much flat broke. And not sure what I should focus on more to improve my build. Also completely new to end game.

If someone can look at my gear and give me advice I would really appreciate.

hi friend

i understand the console market is very rough and almost ssf

for this reason, you should probably stay in low tier maps, farming currency and most importantly: essences.

essences allow you to target farm basic crafts; life, resistances, on high ilvl drops you find.

looking at your gear; work on 5 linking tidebreaker. this is a long term goal; as a 5 link tidebreaker can socket your ground slam with 4 support gems, and has an innate skill link "endurance charge on stun" which is built into the item. this is a very affordable way to get 6 link dmg.

your helm has nice life roll but thats it. work on a 70+ life helm with 60+ res, keep iding rares and using essences on high lvl helms to get good rolls

same goes for neck, and ruby ring. your iron ring is not terrible, craft another mod onto it and its a good begginer maps item. on necklaces, rings and gloves you can roll "physical damage leeched as mana" which lets you drop your mana flask

chest has 6 sockets and 5 links, but terrible mods. once you have farmed some currency, use an orb of scouring on it and then use essences that give life or resistance rolls until you see close to 100+ life and good resistance

same with boots, all these really have is 25% ms.

beelt is only really giving 58 life and some regen, look for rusted sash or leather belt bases and again, craft some decent ones

gaunts same way, very bad stats

you should get a silver flask, this gives onslaught which is nice for dmg and speed

you dont seem to have resolute technique skilled; you are likely missing a TON of attacks as your accuracy without any + on gear or tree means you have like 50% chance to hit.

try swapping out seismic cry for infernal cry; infernal cry explodes entire screens with this build :)
Last edited by frawrst on Oct 26, 2022, 5:03:44 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Slaygut wrote:
Hey frawrst,
thanks again for the build. Recently I switched to sum spell suppression gear and I am experimenting with pride vs. determination, depending if I could kill the mobs before earning serious damage. Do you have further suggestion for my (more) glass (than) "cannon" serker?

since about 3.16 ive been forgoing alot of the dps auras and going determination/defiance banner/etc to survive more; damage hasnt been an issue
hey. can you please link me ur atlas tree? im really curious what you are on.

thanks.
"
g1g2g3g4 wrote:
hey. can you please link me ur atlas tree? im really curious what you are on.

thanks.

for kalandra league i did strongboxes, harby, jun, boss maps drops

this is my usual strat
Hi Frawst, thanks for putting together this amazing build! I just got a Tidebreaker in SSF and while I know there are better weapons, I'm super pumped for now because it's just such a cool item. A few questions:

1). Can this kill around 400-500 Depth Auls? Delve is my favorite mechanic currently and I recently have the itch to Delve sideways around those depths.

2). I know you said you didn't push this build to kill Ubers, but what are some things we should aim for in terms of gear if that is our goal? Do you think it's doable for SSF? (I play Standards so my time isn't restricted by a window or anything really).

3). Any particular Cluster Jewels you recommend we use if we can grab them?
Last edited by mslee017 on Nov 14, 2022, 6:13:11 PM
"
mslee017 wrote:
Hi Frawst, thanks for putting together this amazing build! I just got a Tidebreaker in SSF and while I know there are better weapons, I'm super pumped for now because it's just such a cool item. A few questions:

1). Can this kill around 400-500 Depth Auls? Delve is my favorite mechanic currently and I recently have the itch to Delve sideways around those depths.

2). I know you said you didn't push this build to kill Ubers, but what are some things we should aim for in terms of gear if that is our goal? Do you think it's doable for SSF? (I play Standards so my time isn't restricted by a window or anything really).

hi friend!

1. it definitely can; you probably just need to avoid all damage. Aul is a very learnable fight; many can go thru the entire thing dodging all his attacks. This build has good aoe and single target and ive killed many auls (maybe not at those depths personally)

2. defences. this build was created before the major defensive rework; determination, grace, spell suppression etc are all powerful defensive layers to survive uber burst and dps numbers, while still being able to lay the smack down. id opt for spell supress rares with good use of reservation (grace, determ, defiance) on top of your needed dps

3. masteries moved most of the mandatory nodes onto the tree (warcry power, mace chill etc) but the strong ones related to warcries giving charges (warning call i believe) and bonus armour (i forget this one) are solid additions that can be replaced. otherwise just go for the typical phys dmg/double dmg/leech etc.
"
frawrst wrote:
"
mslee017 wrote:

hi friend!

1. it definitely can; you probably just need to avoid all damage. Aul is a very learnable fight; many can go thru the entire thing dodging all his attacks. This build has good aoe and single target and ive killed many auls (maybe not at those depths personally)

2. defences. this build was created before the major defensive rework; determination, grace, spell suppression etc are all powerful defensive layers to survive uber burst and dps numbers, while still being able to lay the smack down. id opt for spell supress rares with good use of reservation (grace, determ, defiance) on top of your needed dps

3. masteries moved most of the mandatory nodes onto the tree (warcry power, mace chill etc) but the strong ones related to warcries giving charges (warning call i believe) and bonus armour (i forget this one) are solid additions that can be replaced. otherwise just go for the typical phys dmg/double dmg/leech etc.

Thanks so much! As for Aul, I've always struggled with builds with poor recovery on his "OTEMBA!!!" part, I haven't done it a ton of times, but I think with Enduring Cry it should probably be a breeze (and getting a determ/purity of elements Amulet in SSF would be amazing).

I've always loved slams and am leveling pretty much all of them up in off hand while mainly using GS/Earthshatter...how do you feel about Tec Slam? It seems not many use it (granted, Poe Ninja should be taken with a grain of salt as its 98+), but I've always thought it just...looked and sounded so damn cool.
"
mslee017 wrote:

Thanks so much! As for Aul, I've always struggled with builds with poor recovery on his "OTEMBA!!!" part, I haven't done it a ton of times, but I think with Enduring Cry it should probably be a breeze (and getting a determ/purity of elements Amulet in SSF would be amazing).

I've always loved slams and am leveling pretty much all of them up in off hand while mainly using GS/Earthshatter...how do you feel about Tec Slam? It seems not many use it (granted, Poe Ninja should be taken with a grain of salt as its 98+), but I've always thought it just...looked and sounded so damn cool.

the aul ammy indeed opens up a ton of build options. ggg really knocked it out of the park with aul as a boss imo. one of the best designs + very rewarding items

tec slam is very strong if you can gen endurance charges (we do with enduring cry or tidebreaker). you need to rework the tree a bit, get lava lash and magmatic strikes and maybe divine judgment to get easy % dmg. i agree it also looks and sounds amazing, however these days i usually play with sound off for performance

only issue i have with tec slam is that it doesnt hit behind the player.personally im most comfortable when my dmg is a 360 around me, and tec slam and sunder both suffer a bit from having to aim them.

the other slams like eq, es, ice crash, vaal gs etc all hit a huge aoe all around you, meaning you dont have to move your mouse as much
"
the aul ammy indeed opens up a ton of build options. ggg really knocked it out of the park with aul as a boss imo. one of the best designs + very rewarding items

tec slam is very strong if you can gen endurance charges (we do with enduring cry or tidebreaker). you need to rework the tree a bit, get lava lash and magmatic strikes and maybe divine judgment to get easy % dmg. i agree it also looks and sounds amazing, however these days i usually play with sound off for performance

only issue i have with tec slam is that it doesnt hit behind the player.personally im most comfortable when my dmg is a 360 around me, and tec slam and sunder both suffer a bit from having to aim them.

the other slams like eq, es, ice crash, vaal gs etc all hit a huge aoe all around you, meaning you dont have to move your mouse as much

Awesome, thanks so much! Testing out Tec Slam now and while you do sometimes miss the Vaal GS effect of a 360, as you go through maps if rallying cry is up combined with Herald of Ash, it does seem to still clear mobs that are just slightly behind you. Working on tweaking a tree now that fits it a bit better as you said.

I have a question about certain cluster nodes (I guess this would apply to regular Mace nodes as well) such as Force Multiplier which is "5% chance for double damage and 25% increased physical damage". As tec slam converts phys to fire 100% with the Mastery (why this wasn't made to be 100% like ice crash on the gem is a question for GGG), it still gets the % damage increase here, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info