[3.24] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | Slams BUFFED]

"
gnvLC wrote:
"
Marthuk wrote:
Which warcrys and attacks are you using?

Ground slam, vaal ground slam, seismic cry, intimidating cry and rarely enduring cry

The only thing that comes to mind is Vaal Ground Slam, which isnt affected by exerting attacks.

Normal Ground Slams should tick down the counter...
"
Marthuk wrote:
"
gnvLC wrote:
"
Marthuk wrote:
Which warcrys and attacks are you using?

Ground slam, vaal ground slam, seismic cry, intimidating cry and rarely enduring cry

The only thing that comes to mind is Vaal Ground Slam, which isnt affected by exerting attacks.

Normal Ground Slams should tick down the counter...

Is there a specific passive or skill for it? Leap slam ticks it down.. I wondered why my dps had been lacking after all the exerting attack nodes

Edit: nvm, was using multistrike and it doesn't work with exerted attacks
Last edited by gnvLC on Jan 29, 2021, 6:10:56 AM
"
gnvLC wrote:

Edit: nvm, was using multistrike and it doesn't work with exerted attacks

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

You should have discovered the craft Warcris cannot exert travel skills which is excellent to slap onto one of your rings/amulets/belt so that using leap slam doesn't diminish your exerted attacks. If you don't have the space for crafts early on in the league, you can use the passive skill Combat Control until later.

If you later swap your movement skill to Dash then you don't need to worry about this! :)
delete
Last edited by Ryvont on Jan 29, 2021, 1:56:04 PM
Alright, heres some feedback from me :

This guide is very good as leaguestart and gets you all the way into red maps with ease and little to no investment (also thanks to the build being 100% off meta). Feels very satisfying to use and lets you farm up on currency on items.

Now, when it comes to high tier maps, dangerous mods and endgame content (Sirus, Maven etc.) i feel the build like it is falls short. It gets way too rippy without further investment and very slow in mapclearing (although bossdmg still enough to kill sirus).

I did a little Gnomiro investigating and also switched to earthshatter. The fact that you also deal dmg while using warcries makes mapping way faster and safer, because it feels more natural than warcries between ground slam attacks. Also gettign ailment immune is super nice, because you get slowed and debuffed so much, its not fun!

As with any other build, sky is the limit and alot can be improved on my gear.

Thank you for this nice build guide! Helped me get started in the league! Also nice that you help with questions :)
Hello, loving the build so far, I got some questions hoping that you can answer them.
- Even though with capped elemental res., 10k+ armor with lion's roar and 6k+ Life, I still feel like I'm very squishy. I haven't done Uber lab till lvl 87 and even then I still got one shot, not until I found the shrine that give me more HP and more armor that I was able to finish it.

- What's a good anointment that you can recommend for the build?

- How do you keep the rage stack high? I'm struggle to keep it at 60+, if I'm lucky and run into a pack of rare monsters at the beginning then I can instantly have 70 Rage and keep it throughout the map and it feels amazing. But if my first warcry can only raise it to 30-40 rage, then I just feel it's very awkward to get it up to 70. Since once you warcry, you lose 10 rage, and during the cooldown you get around 10 back by hitting monster, then you use it again and lose the 10 you just gain back. (If it drops below 25 then yeah just 1 warcry in a big pack will get me back to 70, but it feels awkward waiting for it to drop running around)

- Can you check my gear (in my profile) and recommend which step I should go next with my character? (I've been trying to get 6L, but 500+ fusing and still no luck lol)
"
Mentats wrote:
Hello, loving the build so far, I got some questions hoping that you can answer them.
- Even though with capped elemental res., 10k+ armor with lion's roar and 6k+ Life, I still feel like I'm very squishy. I haven't done Uber lab till lvl 87 and even then I still got one shot, not until I found the shrine that give me more HP and more armor that I was able to finish it.

- What's a good anointment that you can recommend for the build?

- How do you keep the rage stack high? I'm struggle to keep it at 60+, if I'm lucky and run into a pack of rare monsters at the beginning then I can instantly have 70 Rage and keep it throughout the map and it feels amazing. But if my first warcry can only raise it to 30-40 rage, then I just feel it's very awkward to get it up to 70. Since once you warcry, you lose 10 rage, and during the cooldown you get around 10 back by hitting monster, then you use it again and lose the 10 you just gain back. (If it drops below 25 then yeah just 1 warcry in a big pack will get me back to 70, but it feels awkward waiting for it to drop running around)

- Can you check my gear (in my profile) and recommend which step I should go next with my character? (I've been trying to get 6L, but 500+ fusing and still no luck lol)

Ok let me try to help you a little :)

Flasks :
- Get a Quartz and a Basalt Flask, toss out Mana and Hybrid Flask -> you have mana leech, you dont need them.
- Get freeze immune and curse immune on your flasks.

Gems :
- Get yourself a 21/23 Ground Slam if you wanna stick with it, thats like 5c.
- Get a "Second Wind"-setup for your Warcries and toss out Leap Slam, swap for Dash (its way more reactiv).
- Cwdt setup looks fine.
- Try to get a 6-link Tidebreaker, will help with dmg.

Skilltree :
- If possible take my Setup for a Cluster Jewel skilltree. It adds so much defense and utility, you're gonna love it!

You can even craft it easily yourself, didnt take me long. Ignore the megalomaniac, its there for ailment immunity, thats more endgame stuff.

Important is "Overlord" for Fortify on Large Cluster Jewel and "Cry Wolf" (Warcries have a minimum of 10 Power) + "Warning Call" (Warcries give you armour) on a Medium Cluster Jewel. Beware of itemlevel though, Overlord is ilvl 83+ i think.

Gear :
- Get some Gloves with defenses and attack speed. Tombfist isn't neccessary when using Intimidating Cry.
- Rest of your gear is fine until Red Maps, although you'll want to upgrade piece by piece to have more and better stats.
- Looks like you have no Chaos Resistance, which can be a big factor in your deaths.

Playstyle :
- In order to increase damage, use Seismic Cry, 2x Slam, Intimidating Cry, 3x Slam.
- Use Enduring Cry often, since it gives you regen and defences.Also, every warcry removes an ailment!
- Use dash to get out of stuff!

Rage Stacks :
- Yeah sometimes it can feel a little clunky with Rage, but i wouldnt worry too much about it.
- I see you dont have Berserk. Thats a nice DPS and Survival Boost when fighting bosses, you should try it out!

Anointment :
- Honestly, pick what you are missing. When you feel like you die to much, pick something with life.
- "Discipline and Training" for Life
- "Kinetic Impact" for damage and Double Stun Duration
- "Diamond Skin" Armor, Allres, Movespeed
- That should give you a hint on what you can take :)

Map Mods to avoid :

- Immune to Stun is really nasty for a Stun Build
- Monsters have +% Physical Damage Reduction (can take it with better gear)
- Phys Reflect naturally
- No Life/Mana Leech can be hard in high tier maps

Everything else should be good to go, curses get mitigated by an anti-curse flask!
Also, a combination of Monsters have Crit/Crit multi and Monsters have Attack/Cast/Movespeed + some phys as ele dmg mods together will be very rippy. Only 1 of them is fine!

Edit for readability.

Hope i could help you a little :)
Last edited by Marthuk on Jan 30, 2021, 2:57:10 PM
Damn didn't expect that detailed answer. Thank you very much man!
Hello.

Awesome build you have put together here. Im really enjoying it.

Im lvl 40 now and its going really well. Looking forward to maps.

I have one question though.

I am using a vaal ground slam skill gem.

I cannot seem to get my ancestral cry to function. And i cannot seem to find the answer myself.

The skill itself works fine, but its the excerting attacks that is the issue.

When i use ancestral cry, i have 8 Excerting attacks lined up. But no matter what i do i cannot get my ground slam to use em. Even if its unlinkede. I have read issues with multistrike support that it wont work. If i use my basic attack it will consume a charge, but not with my ground slam. Is it because my gem is a vall ground slam gem or what could be the issue? Cause from what i read here and there it should work.

Thanks for the time
Last edited by heritec on Jan 31, 2021, 8:29:58 AM
Well..... seing as i dont know how to delete a message.... after spending a few days not figuring it out.. i did now XD

Ancestral cry has litterally on the gem written its not for slam attacks and seimis cry is for slam attacks.. So dont mind me, just learning abit more about this game. :D

Enjoy your day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info