[3.24] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | Slams BUFFED]

"
ridgeback87 wrote:
I am leveling this build and I have a newb question...

Looking at the PoB and I do not see that there is any gems setup for war cries (except Enduring Cry). How am I going to be getting exerted attacks? Right now (level 35ish) I am using the Warcry gems Seismic, Enduring, Intimidating.

Your aim for warcry setup should be a 3 or 4 link with the following gems

Seismic Cry - Intimidating Cry - Blood Magic Support -
Second Wind Support

Blood Magic I find it just a nice-to-have so you never have to worry about mana on warcries, but if you the spare mana pool feel free to drop this gem.

You can socket Enduring Cry by itself somewhere as it's mainly to generate Endurance Charges when needed or for the quick boost in HP regen

For most of the story you can just get by with Seismic Cry. Intimidating Cry is good for bosses.

Hope this helps :)

edit: typo
Last edited by TwistedFocus on Jan 28, 2021, 6:12:08 AM
Thanks very for the Reply,

I think now I can figure it out...

I think in Frawst's Path of Building links section he just happens to be using an Enduring Cry and not a Siesmic or Intimidating at the time he made it.

Also, Intimidating Cry can make endurance charges? I thought only Enduring Cry can do that?
Last edited by ridgeback87 on Jan 27, 2021, 10:25:52 PM
"
ridgeback87 wrote:

Also, Intimidating Cry can make endurance charges? I thought only Enduring Cry can do that?

Sorry you're absolutely right!!

I meant Enduring Cry in my above post 😁
Hey,

playing a build losely based on your guide for a second time as league starter since Harvest league and I feel it is amazing again. Although I prefer Earthshatter over Groundslam.

Thank your for providingthis guide and all the ideas and concepts.

In Harvest I felt quite squishy until lategame when the damage was just insane. Was running two HoP rings and an Aul's uprising to be able to get more damage with the additional aura.

This league, with knowledge of the capability of Harvest crafting, I decided to go a more tanky route (even as Berserker). I'm more or less done with the build beside some damage upgrade (some better damage prefixes on ring, amulet and gloves; two missing levels). Stats I'm currently at:

~8 million earthshatter dps (17 million max hit)
~5.5 million spike explosion dps
~7k life
Ailment Immunity
45% inc Fortify Effect from Tree and Helmet
Culling Strike + Corpse Explosion

The dps is without using impale as most enemies and bosses are dying in seconds and within 1 or maybe 2 hits. Impale would increase the PoB dps significantly but be never realistic as impale dps is asuming infinite fights. Always remember: After you impales an enemie you have to hit him 5 additional times (baseline) to add 50% more damage. This counts for every following hit. So your last hit will never apply its 50% more damage.

The best things I crafted are probably my Helmet and my Chest. Whereby the MVPs of this setup probably are the Combination of helmet and Amulet alongside 3 1% mana reduction Jewels which allow to squeeze in HoP without Aul's or HoP Rings. Gaining a lot of damage while still able to utilize life mods from these slots.

The Helmet was crafted with essence spamming until I hit T1 Fortify Effect (on average 100 tries; costs were around 10c per essence). Cleaning an additional suffix was lucky on my side as it was not targetable. Augment phys for the guaranteed phys reduction suffix and it was done!

This setup now feels tanky as well as super hard hitting. It still can kill AW9 Sirus in place if buttons are pressed correct and the boss gets stunned. Also the Ailment Immunity is such a nice thing! For stun immunity (when below 25 Rage) I still want to get the boot entchant providing 80% stun avoidance if killed recently which adds up to 100% with the chest craft.

Here is my current gear for anyone interested:

Spoiler

Can share a PoB later when at home if anyone is interested: https://pastebin.com/9i7QpUvj

Overall you provided a great build idea for a slaming berserker! Thank you very much again!
Last edited by Gnomiro on Jan 28, 2021, 1:29:40 PM
"
Gnomiro wrote:
Hey,

playing a build losely based on your guide for a second time as league starter since Harvest league and I feel it is amazing again. Although I prefer Earthshatter over Groundslam.

In Harvest I felt quite squishy until lategame when the damage was just insane. Was running two HoP rings and an Aul's uprising to be able to get more damage with the additional aura.

This league, with knowledge of the capability of Harvest crafting, I decided to go a more tanky route (even as Berserker). I'm more or less done with the build beside some damage upgrade (Vulnerability instead of Enfeeble through CoH Ring; some better damage prefixes on ring, amulet and gloves; two missing levels). Stats I'm currently at:

~7.5 million earthshatter dps (14 million max hit)
~5 million spike eploxsion dps
~7k life
Ailment Immunity

The dps is without using impale as most enemies and bosses are dying in seconds and within 1 or maybe 2 hits. Impale would increase the PoB dps significantly but be never realistic as impale dps is asuming infinite fights. Always remember: After you impales an enemie you have to hit him 5 additional times (baseline) to add 50% more damage. This counts for every following hit. So your last hit will never apply its 50% more damage.

The best things I crafted are probably my Helmet and my Chest. Whereby the MVPs of this setup probably are the Combination of helmet and Amulet alongside 3 1% mana reduction Jewels which allow to squeeze in HoP without Aul's or HoP Rings. Gaining a lot of damage while still able to utilize life mods from these slots.

The Helmet was crafted with essence spamming until I hit T1 Fortify Effect (on average 100 tries; costs were around 10c per essence). Cleaning an additional suffix was lucky on my side as it was not targetable. Augment phys for the guaranteed phys reduction suffix and it was done!

This setup now feels tanky as well as super hard hitting. It still can kill AW9 Sirus in place if buttons are pressed correct and the boss gets stunned. Also the Ailment Immunity is such a nice thing! For stun immunity (when below 25 Rage) I still want to get the boot entchant providing 80% stun avoidance if killed recently which adds up to 100% with the chest craft.

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Can share a PoB later when at home if anyone is interested.

Overall you provided a great build idea for a slaming berserker! Thank you very much again!

I'd love to see what this looks like except I'm a console peasant with no PC and PoB isn't updated for mobile, any way I could see it?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
so i did update my build as you suggested but i am kind of struggleling on rare t14 maps can you give me some more advice how i can boost my tankyness and damage?
allthough so far the build has been really fun but i do lack on damage and tankyness a bit
@Gnomiro, how you got ailment immune? I only see 70% on your gear, am i missing something?
"
Marthuk wrote:
@Gnomiro, how you got ailment immune? I only see 70% on your gear, am i missing something?

Megalomaniac with Elegant Form (30%) alongside Cry Wolf.
"
ridgeback87 wrote:
Thanks very for the Reply,

I think now I can figure it out...

I think in Frawst's Path of Building links section he just happens to be using an Enduring Cry and not a Siesmic or Intimidating at the time he made it.

sorry for my error, can you show me which pob needs to be updated? the guide has alot of text

also much love to twisted for helping answer questions!
"
Gnomiro wrote:
Hey,

This league, with knowledge of the capability of Harvest crafting, I decided to go a more tanky route (even as Berserker). I'm more or less done with the build beside some damage upgrade (some better damage prefixes on ring, amulet and gloves; two missing levels). Stats I'm currently at:

~8 million earthshatter dps (17 million max hit)
~5.5 million spike explosion dps
~7k life
Ailment Immunity

Spoiler

Can share a PoB later when at home if anyone is interested: https://pastebin.com/9i7QpUvj

love it my man. i appreciate how min max you got! this build has HUGE potential since all of our off meta crafting is fairly "cheap" and allows you to really stretch the melee possibilities/mods

amazing work friend, glad i could inspire you!

this build was designed to be a noobs first entry into a poe, a player who is a bit intimdated but this build will get you to maps on 0 budget, and if you enjoy poe allows you to do everything in the game with a classic archtype (screaming shouting slamming barbarian from d2 :) )

love to all you guys!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info