Animation Feedback

"
Ari,

I'm not sure if this is your department, but would it be possible to consider creating a unique animation for the skill 'puncture' when used with melee weapons (claws, swords, and daggers) that looks like an actual stabbing rather than just the slashes? I'm sad enough that daggers don't actually stab (despite what the Shadow says to Kraityn about 'all you need is one good stab'), but the slashing animation of a default melee attack doesn't really match a 'puncture' move. If it were called something like 'perforate' then it'd be cool, but 'puncture' really does suggest a nice, precise stabbing move.

Cheers, and thanks as ever for your hard work.

Edit: You could probably get away with just using the basic attack animations for the one-handed stabbing swords for either/both hands, with a few modifications. They're perfectly good 'stabbing' animations.

Yeah that would be cool, I'll pass the idea onto the powers that be
animator
So you have the animations for the spiders to come up out of the pits, I always thought it would be cool to have a map boss or the possibility of other uniques/rares/magic monsters at least come crawling up the ledges. It would add some suspense when the player hears that hiss instead of annoyance, ya know? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do and would add something to the player's experience. Hope you agree!
yo i was wondering if you were thinking about the characters facial change since it look like a frozen 3d face with no emotion but the one already on it. I now it'll surely take a lot of time and effort but by doing this you're going to surpass other game like yours that also don't use facial change while playing the rest is pretty much wonderful seriously well done
"
Lord_Norris wrote:
So you have the animations for the spiders to come up out of the pits, I always thought it would be cool to have a map boss or the possibility of other uniques/rares/magic monsters at least come crawling up the ledges. It would add some suspense when the player hears that hiss instead of annoyance, ya know? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do and would add something to the player's experience. Hope you agree!

We've got spiders that crawl up the ledges in some areas. hope that isn't a spoiler
animator
"
god_of_log wrote:
yo i was wondering if you were thinking about the characters facial change since it look like a frozen 3d face with no emotion but the one already on it. I now it'll surely take a lot of time and effort but by doing this you're going to surpass other game like yours that also don't use facial change while playing the rest is pretty much wonderful seriously well done

Facial stuff would be cool add alot of life, could have proper dialouge and acting for the npcs etc but we're a ways off from that at this stage. Facial Rigs are pretty bone heavy and we're quite limited at the moment as well as all the new tech it would require and what not. Can't speak for the big dogs but i think it goes in the 'one day would be nice' file.

Glad you like the rest of the stuff and thanks for the feedback
animator
"
Ari wrote:
Yeah that would be cool, I'll pass the idea onto the powers that be

Would you consider adding something similar for puncture when used by bows? Right now it just looks like an autoattack, maybe you could add some red/crimson effect like the green one when using frenzy with a bow.
"
Ari wrote:
"
god_of_log wrote:

Facial stuff would be cool add alot of life, could have proper dialouge and acting for the npcs etc but we're a ways off from that at this stage. Facial Rigs are pretty bone heavy and we're quite limited at the moment as well as all the new tech it would require and what not. Can't speak for the big dogs but i think it goes in the 'one day would be nice' file.

Glad you like the rest of the stuff and thanks for the feedback

I understand believe me I'm studying programmation so ya it's not something that just take days it's something probably years since the priorities are perfecting the gameplay and correcting bug. Thanks for the quick response
Certain statues only have 3 frames of walking animation. Don't know if this is intended or not.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
When I am stunned as I run, or I stun monsters moving towards me, there is a tendency for the character animations to lock at the stance position and begin sliding around rather than moving.
Self found and solo (mostly)
"
Brockston wrote:
When I am stunned as I run, or I stun monsters moving towards me, there is a tendency for the character animations to lock at the stance position and begin sliding around rather than moving.
I'll be so mad if this bug gets fixed. I love surfing.

Also, bring back the old shadow staff animation(s).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info