Animation Feedback

I don't know if this is just on my end but I never really have any "death" animations for bosses. they just kind of go "poof" alive and then suddenly dead with loot everywhere.

Are there plans to add short death animations to the major bosses? Possibly multiple death animations that are chosen at random. (for variety :3 )

I just came to say, never forget:
Duelist shield charge 2013.
That upper torso twist... hue hue hue hue
I pity all later gamers who had no chance to experience it in the Beta xD
The most derp animation in all gaming history. 10/10.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Dec 31, 2013, 12:32:36 PM
"
Ari wrote:
"
Fartfinder wrote:
The Heavy Strike skill animation is broken for dual wielders (duelist). The description lists stats for weapons for both off and main hand if you are dual wielding but the animation only attacks with the main hand.

I don't know if the enemies are still getting damaged from the offhand stats but there it seems there is no offhand alternating animation.

Yeah that animation is missing, have put it on the to do list.

thanks for the heads up

Is the duel wield animation for Heavy Strike when used by Duelists still on the to do list? Really confusing when used currently; character sheet and dps tooltip say it works but visuals make it look like it's only using the main hand weapon. Thanks!

---

Also just want to mention that the 2-handed sword animation for leap attack when using the duelist is epic! The twisting leap is way cooler than a lot of the other leap slam animations. I almost want to respec to a new build just to use it!
"
TheGreenleaf wrote:
"
Ari wrote:
"
Fartfinder wrote:
The Heavy Strike skill animation is broken for dual wielders (duelist). The description lists stats for weapons for both off and main hand if you are dual wielding but the animation only attacks with the main hand.

I don't know if the enemies are still getting damaged from the offhand stats but there it seems there is no offhand alternating animation.

Yeah that animation is missing, have put it on the to do list.

thanks for the heads up

Is the duel wield animation for Heavy Strike when used by Duelists still on the to do list? Really confusing when used currently; character sheet and dps tooltip say it works but visuals make it look like it's only using the main hand weapon. Thanks!

---

Also just want to mention that the 2-handed sword animation for leap attack when using the duelist is epic! The twisting leap is way cooler than a lot of the other leap slam animations. I almost want to respec to a new build just to use it!

Yeah sorry i flaked on that i've put it on my to do's, thanks for the reminder
animator
Why does the Scion hold Lead Sceptre (and other weapons that use the same art) so far up?

She's gonna get a lot more force holding it further down.
From what I had in my stash she holds Crystal/Quartz sceptres at around the centre and Bronze sceptres near the end.
"
"
Ari wrote:
"
Just going to keep this one brief: I find the Shadow's dual wield animation for wands a little less noticeable from hand to hand than with other calsses. The Marauder does this cool 'straight arm' alternate fire animation, and the Duelist looks like he's flinging spells from each wand, but the Shadow is just doing the same backhanded swipe. I *know* there are two animations, but the difference between them is far too subtle.

duely noted, i'll have a play with it. thanks for the feedback

This is really late, but I just fired up dual wand with Shadow and the animation looks great! Job well done!

Thanks man, appreciate it!!
animator
I noticed another animation recently that I feel could be improved.

When you trek through the 'ebony' barracks, you encounter the casters that use arc. When said mages cast arc the animation they use roughly resembles the AoE animation the players have for skills like enduring cry. They flip their shoulders back and extend their arms slightly.

After seeing this animation I went and tried casting arc on some of the classes to see how the animation compared.

As far as I can tell all the PC's use the same (or similar) animation to EK/fireball, a lunging forward sort of animation. This is far less visually appealing than the sort of animation used by the blackguard mages. I feel it would be much more visually pleasing if the PC's used an animation akin to the mages, where they convulse and shoot the arc out of their body, rather than lunging forward to shoot it out of their hands. Especially the witch.

I could try swapping the animations used for enduring cry or another aoe skill in the GGG.pkg (or whatever the bin is called) and make a youtube video displaying the results if that would be a good reference point.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
I find the new/recent change to the black electric skeletons in Chamber of Sins to be quite strenuous on my eyes, is it at all possible to have it reverted and/or improved further with a less twittery/flickery/glitter effect?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 7, 2014, 1:46:07 PM
The new zombie dismemberment animations are nice addition but:
1) they should trigger in the minority of deaths because it just gets ridiculous when every zombie death ends in dismemberment and ultimately u stop enjoying it.
2) other zombie-like monsters also should get that animation, not only zombies in the game starting area.
You might want to distribute some cream against crotch rash and chafing to earth elementals, by the way poor bastards walk - they badly need it.

This is a good example of an improvement for the sake of it, there was nothing wrong with the old animations and new ones look just hilarious. Yeah, I know laughter cures all ills and thank you for that, but it might be a bit misplaced in a dark and gritty fantasy setting.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info