Animation Feedback

Auras go beyond the walls!...but I'm sure that it was well known..
Havent played in a while but the only comment about them they move too "stiff". Not fluid, but I think I read somewhere that animations are still being worked on?
I think the game lack of some king of idle animation for inactive character, like if you stand still for some time your character randomly cough, look around, change stance or stuff like that..

I don't know about more complex animation because the characters have no place to sheathe their weapons, so if he is scratching his shoulder may look like he is cutting his throat.. of course it's not that big of a deal but will add in the game some nice variety of animation :)
something about the maces seems odd. Iunno just seems to swing funny. Or maybe he swings too soft for the blow.
Smoother than Smooth.
"
Moist wrote:
something about the maces seems odd. Iunno just seems to swing funny. Or maybe he swings too soft for the blow.

Which character is this for?
animator
All I can really speak for right now is the marauder class.

It seems to me like my character is a ragdoll with a weapon striking enemies. The swing is there but it doesn't feel like it's a real blow. The animations (of the character hitting and the struck monster) and the sounds are not quite right in my opinion.

The game has a really dark finish that's not quite well rendered in meelee fighing animations/ sounds.

I think regular blows should feel more like critical hits (and critical hits should feel more epic)

With the right polishing, this game could really become the next Diablo 2

Cheers
"
Ari wrote:
"
Moist wrote:

I'm only two weeks in the beta so I can't tell what it's like for most of the classes, but I do know that the mace attack with the templar looks a bit weak. I think the swing is too slow and clumsy. I guess it looks better with more ias, but I think there's room for improvement here.

I think the melee attacks and skills are generally the weakest animation wise. Sweep is another example, it looks a bit strange when using a staff with the templar (don't know whether it looks different with other classes / weapons). I guess it would look better if the character didn't stand still during the animation, but would make more of a spinning motion himself.
"
Widukind wrote:
"
Ari wrote:
"
Moist wrote:

I'm only two weeks in the beta so I can't tell what it's like for most of the classes, but I do know that the mace attack with the templar looks a bit weak. I think the swing is too slow and clumsy. I guess it looks better with more ias, but I think there's room for improvement here.

I think the melee attacks and skills are generally the weakest animation wise. Sweep is another example, it looks a bit strange when using a staff with the templar (don't know whether it looks different with other classes / weapons). I guess it would look better if the character didn't stand still during the animation, but would make more of a spinning motion himself.

Yep I'm doing a stance and animation upgrade on the Templar at the moment (the tricksters animations will be done after) Should be out with open beta.
animator
That's great news! Looking forward to what it'll look like.
Last edited by Widukind on Dec 19, 2012, 11:25:22 AM
I Agree with people, who says regular hits should feel like critical hits now, and make critical hits even more epic. I played only duelist and marauder so cant speak for all chars, but the things I really really miss is that joy when smashing things, at the momment it just doesn't feel right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info