Animation Feedback

Dual Wield animation
First Post ever, so I want to congratulate all people involved on this amzing and enthralling game!

I started this week to play a little bit and have up until now (cleared "Normal" only once) only small irritations, including one:

Dual Wield Animation
I know this is a purely aestethic thing but there is no animation for "hitting with both weapons in succession".

Dual Strike is a nice "technique" to be used for dual wielding, but try do do that action IRL endlessly - not very feaseable.

Cleave is also very nice and maybe could even be kept up continuously IRL.

Double Strike at the moment attacks with the main hand twice while ignoring the off-hand.

for me, it is interrupting my gaming experience (purely aesthetic again) that there is no option to hit with main-hand and then off-hand (as IRL - or sword fights in action movies :-) ) with a skill other than "standard attack"

because of this i have an idea:
As there are two animations for Cleave (two hand and dual wield) why not make a second animation (and mechanic) for Double strike as well, letting it hit with main- AND off-hand in succession dealing both weapons damage.

Thank you for reading and I would like to hear your opinions on this :-)

PS: Also posted http://www.pathofexile.com/skills/index/view-thread/47953 but thought here it could fit better ...
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
i dont know if it has been mentioned before but i have some feedback regarding the spark skill and light-radii
(spark is the only skill ive used so far)

when i use spark in dark places, the sparks carry some sort of lightning glow but it doesnt even light up the floor. it would be more realistic or nicer looking if spells as such could be used for scouting ahead.

a nice cliche movie example of this is when a flair or burning arrow or torch is dropped in a dark pit or launched forward to give a glimpse of the immense evil that lies ahead.

"
I know a lot of people are transitioning to PoE from D3 .. should be geared towards making combat feel impactful like D3.

Agreed.

Certain animations need a upgrade not just in terms of speed but also in visual style because of so many different reasons ..

Some of the more notable reasons are:

1. Visual representation of a char strength.
2. The flow of combat.
3. The natural feel of the game world.

I don't want to sound cynical but without the needed improvements in UI and animations, the game still irritates me on certain levels; although I can't seem to put it down.

Any thoughts,

Red out.
Not sure if was metnioned before and if it is right place,
but My concern is:
For obvious mechanic reasons we cant make more zombies, from dead bodies of friendly ones,

Looking at it from "lore" standpoint we can make zombie from enemy zombie, why not ours ? So why not having bodies of friendly zombie dissolve in some way when they dont explode.
My Item Filter : http://pastebin.com/7AsWX5jb
Last edited by Olej on Sep 13, 2012, 3:02:42 AM
When Marauder is running, his elbow curves look rather unnatural, I've just noticed today.
And, of course, the tits on the male characters (when they move), that are somehow more noticeable than the local female ones...
Proud Beta tester.
Hi,

I just tested the marauder and played with a Two Handed Mace (don't know if the Animation with other two handed weapons are the same).
I must say the animation of the hits looked too smooth. It doesn't look like an impact, when he hits the enemy and the animation speed when he starts to hit seems a bit too slow.
The same with the skill Sweep (does this better fit in skill-feedback?). It looks too slow and calm, like he puts too less strength in it.
Turning Speed seems a bit slow.

The velocity change is immediate, but the animation is fluid, giving a sliding feet effect.

Not a major glaring effect, and has no discernible game play interference.

Perhaps a 'snap to face' if you're doing 90° or more turn.
Maybe It's already known, but many effects, for example double strike, appear when a rhoa or an other enemy interrupt the attack with the corresponding skill..the attack doesn't hit the enemy, but the graphical effects appear with a short, but annoying delay.
At the moment I play the ranger and I find it rather unnatural and annoying that every successful shot hits directly the head, resulting in skeletons that have 5 arrows in their skull.
So why shouldn't the arrows stick at a bit more random places and only critical hits would be shown as arrows in the head (yeah I know, an undead skeleton would not take more damage in case of a headshot).
Also the mechanic of arrows sticking in the environment should be improved (low low priority) as the arrows mostly stick in the air (round surfaces as rock pillars in caves) which looks quite curious and the shadows when you walk by...

Edit:
What am I talking about, they float afront every surface, not only round surfaces... Heres a sample of cool hovering arrows. Every room with enemies in it looks that way... -.-

Last edited by MacJack on Sep 30, 2012, 7:37:13 PM
Oh wow lol that's cool! Although its a problem to be fixed, it looks pretty cool :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info